Our progress so far

Anything that is competitive is toxic. Nothing will change that, I believe. Back in high school we were toxic as heck during soccer lol. It’s just the nature of humans.

2 Likes

tbh eu isnt that toxic since a few seasons anymore… ppl dont scream that much anymore.

Ok all nice, how about balancing the game, it is more important than anything since s10 changes.

1 Like

Not necessarily being nice to each other.
They’re just not directly abusing each other.

Humans are garbage after all.

1 Like

There were 26.4% fewer incidences of toxic behaviour identified than previously.

Not sure if this figure is prorated against active population figures. If there was a significant decrease in active players during the period this would skew the figures.

On the face of it, it looks like good news.

26.4% down over, let’s say, an 8% report rate means 2% improvement community wide.

2 Likes

do ppl not have theory of probabilities anymore in school?

1 Like

How about a team management screen? And better information about the rank difference? I know the game tells me the difference may 800 (for an example), but am I 800poits higher or lower? For a gold player that difference is massive. How about auto refresh on the open group list screen? So many BASIC qol elements.

You have a WoW background, but the LFG system compared to the one in WoW is so extremely simplified and basic (at least from my memory that ended with WOTLK release). Can we have a system that would add a true LFG to the LFM we have now?

1 Like

If abusive chat is your main metric then why arent endorsements available in all team arcade modes?
People can be just as toxic in no limits or mystery heroes. Sometimes even more because weekly lootboxes are involved.

2 Likes

Thanks Jeff,

i have an idea to make the reporting system a bit fair :

an algorithm that review endorsement and reports and balance between them for example :

• Play 10 games, gets lets say 10 endorsements 7 of which are good team mate , if in those 10 game he received a report then this gets compared against the endorsement , like making sins and doing good deeds to compensate.
    so players will be sanctioned if their endorsement rate is way below the reporting rate.

seems fair to me and make it easy on Game masters to review as well, we all know a human factor in the reviewing of the sanction is primordial to the legitimacy of the system :slight_smile:

Awesome! But is Hanzo ever gonna get a proper nerf?

2 Likes

Quick guys if you’re on the Americas servers start getting banned, we need to be known for our toxicity or we aren’t cool enough (notrllytho)

1 Like

There’s no way to enforce this requirement short of making sure everyone actually speaks before queueing. Personally I think teams with everyone having a microphone is a bit overrated, if anything the game desperately needs a sophisticated voice line menu like the one in Paladins. I’ve played with plenty of teams who only have 3… maybe 4… mic players and did fine, on some occasions I’ve been on teams with no mic players yet synergised ultimate abilities and still won.

1 Like

We should refer to the global insight group as “The GiG” from now on.

That is my educated contribution to this thread. :face_with_monocle:

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for letting us know this. I made a post today asking for seperate endorsements for Competitive and other modes. Like everyone should have two endorsement rating, one should be for competitive and other for all other modes. The reason for this is that people are playing support in Quickplay and grinding their Endorsement Level and then in Comp they just make their profile private and play DPS or any class that they are not efficient or not good at, when we ask them to please switch, they don’t respond or some times some people with Endorsement Level 3+ are just plain toxic in Competitive Matches, they have such high endorsement rating because of other modes.

If we have two separate Ratings for Competitive and other modes, it will be a better way to actually know if a person will be helpful on our team.

Here is the link to my post:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/seperate-endorsement-levels-for-competitive-and-other-modes/159231/9

Thanks,
Theonlyme

1 Like

Sadly there’s still lots of horrible people playing the game.
warning post contains lots of graphic language which is why I didn't use a normal link since it showed in the link preview click at your own discretion

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/8yhgd1/i_voluntary_left_my_first_comp_game_tonight/

1 Like

When are you fixing the report system?

TELL US THE % OF FALSELY SUSPENDED ACCOUNTS

5 Likes

I wonder how much the toxicity would drop if the game was in a good balanced spot.

1 Like

What about EU statistics?

ayy,

gj.

but I hope you put a bit more effort into the balancing since balancing and hackers are the biggest potential killers in a game.

After that its toxicity.