Our progress so far

Doesn’t really count when they are just fake being nice for endorsements…

EU? Are we not showing improvement also? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

lol would you rather have fake nice than real toxic. People are just fake nice in real life anyway. Fake nice will make people feel good and also encourage other people to be nice or at the very least not be toxic.

3 Likes

Amazing. Now let’s hope they can balance the game as well as this. So far…nope

they don’t need to, when dealing with large populations statistical inference is perfectly the only way to make decisions.

Jeez were are you playing? I haven’t had a single toxic match this season, not on this account though but still, I play LFG only btw.

Fake nice or real nice, the end result is the same.

Not like it’s an odd concept, lots of people fake being nice every day in their own personal life.

2 Likes

If I have a bag of 100 marbles, and 40% are blue, we know that 40 marbles are blue.

If I have a bag of marbles, and 40% are blue, how many exactly are blue?
We don’t know! It could be 2, it could be 9,493,594,598!

You cannot infer something if you don’t even have enough information to infer anything from.

1 Like

Jeff didn’t write it clearly, but those are the changes in percentage, not the proportion of toxic people.
So for example: if you played in the Americas region and met 100 toxic players everyday prior to LFG & Endorsement, now you are meeting only 71.2 toxic people everyday.
If you had 100 CP games where you experienced toxicity in the chat, now you have the same toxic experience in only 73.6 games instead.

KR data is very interesting. LFG & Endorsement is not as successful as in the Americas in encouraging Koreans to behave themselves.

1 Like

Good Job Daddy Jeff!

(Still waiting that Ana buff :slight_smile:

Is OCE included as a part of the Americas ?

They’re as toxic as EU. :thinking:

Please add endorsements to Mystery Hero!

No reason for it not to be there

so what you’re saying is that even the toxic people are quitting the game.

Nice work! An ingame guild system would REALLY crush toxicity and provide a way for the community to connect socially on a much deeper level. Please consider making a guild/clan feature. It’ll do wonders for the longevity of the game.

Inbefore the “20% more toxicity in EU” .

1 Like

You are 100% correct a clan/guild system in OW would remove toxic behavior or at least drastically improve it. Not to mention it’s been a feature asked for since the launch of OW.

But clearly fixing the system isn’t a priority, it’s better to let the toxic players thrive and then pretend they are doing something to fix it (which they are not, don’t be fooled by the lies)

It’s a TEAM based game with no ability to create a team, fantastic design lol.

2 Likes

Between people being fake nice for endorsements and a good portion of people not playing because they’re bored of the Meta, i’m sure this number isn’t completely accurate, but it is a nice thought.

1 Like

I’m really thinking that’s the real reason they didn’t present the stats yet xd

1 Like

I do think NA is more toxic, though.

1 Like

Does this mean that in 26.4% of all competitive matches, someone was reported for Abusive Chat? Or that 26.4% of all matches contained select language in the text chat that you scanned for? Or that in 26.4% of matches, someone was actioned for abusive chat?

Just trying to understand how to interpret this data.

and yes, LFG has been a godsend for this game. Private profiles have been a trainwreck however… but that’s another topic for another time

I dunno. I’m not playing there.
But seeing how after a while of peace we still have toxic swamp on EU, I wouldn’t be surprised.

1 Like