Our progress so far

Do you truly think that?

Are you certain of that? There could be a possible chance most players have left the game due to unfair policies or bored of stale meta. I don’t think you should make this your full focus. If you truly want to reduce toxicity then you fix the meta. You tweak more heroes and listen to feedback meaning you tweak a lot especially during ptr phases. I have yet to see this.

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

These stats are somewhat difficult to interpret, although I love that the numbers are down.

For reference, could we please see what the original percents were? Also how were the numbers calculated? Is this a strict additive decrease in percent? Or is this a multiplicative decrease?

As in 25% of 10 is 7.5. That’s not a big change, but still nice.
But a 25% decrease so like 35% down to 10% is huge.

1 Like

I mean, you kinda misread it. Being down 25% is no tthe same as 25% of the total

No because it can be interpreted both ways. If he had wrote "blah blah blah is down BY:

Then that would have been much clearer.

I mean, it really can’t. You have no idea what the original amount of toxicity was. Toxicity going down to 25% is written much differently than toxicity is down 25%

If people left the game it would not alter the proportion of the players that are abusive/toxic. For example: Say 30% of the playerbase is inherently toxic. Now let’s also say 100 players in total leave the game. Statistically speaking, 30 of the players would have been toxic players and 70 of them would have been non-toxic players. This would not alter the overall proportion of toxic players in game.

4 Likes

Jeff that’s excellent news to hear! Great job to everyone!

However, will you be updating us on how endorsements work and what actually causes us to loose them? There seems to be a lot of confusion in the air as to how our endorsement levels work.

1 Like

I’m liking it so far, but could you look into having a numerical representation of the amount of each endorsement you currently have?

I’d like that at least :slight_smile:

That is good news. Just one question. Is that across all systems?

1 Like

Insert Stylosa 10-minute speculation video regarding this here

14 Likes

It makes no difference what the numbers were before. The way he wrote it could be interpreted both ways.

You can keep arguing all you want, but it wasn’t clear.

1 Like

Keep up the great work, Jeff. We appreciate your hard work on this amazing game. However please keep in mind there are still some balance issues about which the community is being very vocal.

it’s not a map selector so i dont care

where is EU is it so low you dont want to show it

All these stats tell me is, LFG has less toxic people in it meaning more non-toxic people use LFG. So if I solo queue then I’m more likely to have a group of all toxic people.

In short I’m forced to use LFG. None of these stats mean that community toxicity is down. It just means less of it is being reported because of pre-made LFG.

Any chance of adding a region ‘flag’ or something for LFG as well? As an Aussie it would be nice to know what groups are US based or not, just an icon or something would be great.

1 Like

I think the endorsement system has helped but there is still a lot of infighting in this game, Jeff.

Glad to know that there are at least marginal numbers that prove the system is working, though?

I have no problem with the endorsement system, hopefully it will reach it’s full potential sooner or later.

Guess european server is still the toxic server it’s known to be :rofl: thank you buddied for keeping our heads high.

Jeff are you depressed? :cry:

Now maybe you can fix Torb’s broken turret.