Opinions on Scatter vs Storm?

I’m just curious to see what the general opinion here is. For me personally, I feel like storm arrow has the lower skill floor but the higher skill ceiling.

Scatter was a 50/50 chance to hit lethal damage, it felt cheap but there were just as many times I felt it should have hit/killed me and it didn’t as there were times I was one.
On the other hand, Storm only takes 2/6 shots to kill (with a hs) or 3/6 for body shots on any 200hp character. For me, this feels cheaper because you can effectively miss half of your shots and still have a high kill chance.

2 Likes

Storm is actually overpowered, Scatter was only ever annoying. Combined with his other buffs, Hanzo is way too strong, still, and needs more nerfs.

He shouldn’t be shredding tanks like this from any distance with zero risk to himself.

We’re still in a state of:
Reinhardt to try to soak Spam Arrow.
Zarya to combine for Dragonstrike every 20s.
Zen to counter Dragonstrike.
Mercy to counter Zen’s Tranq through Dragonstrike.
Brig to deter Flankers from being used.
Or Widow to try to snipe out Hanzo.

Everyone being used is being used in some way to facilitate or deny Hanzo. It’s absurd, it’s worse than Mercy meta, at least you could play other heroes so long as you had Mercy; now you’ve got to do everything to make Hanzo as good as possible.

6 Likes

Imo, all they had to do to Scatter was remove the chance to crit (I hardly ever play him, but hearing “simple geometry” made me smile). I feel the same about Storm Arrow, remove the chance to crit. I feel like his arrows are pretty forgiving in terms of hitboxes, since I am absolutely terrible at snipers, but can usually land hits easily with him, getting kills easily with Storm Arrow crits, it’s insane.

1 Like

Scatter couldn’t crit

1 Like

You could crit with the initial shot, though that makes it no different to a normal arrow at that point.

Did the extra arrows crit at one point many moons ago? I could have sworn that was a thing at one point, but I’m definitely wrong from time to time, huh.

I enjoy getting stormed much more than getting scattered.

1 Like

Fair enough, to each their own.

I’m not sure if scatter was overpowered or just unfair. Storm is just straight up overpowered BS

1 Like

I muuuuuuuch prefer storm. Mechanically it feels fair to fight and fair to use.

The actual power of it is still questionable, but I’d take overpowered over mechanically broken any day.

I think neither abilities are well designed in Hanzo’s kit.

I may be too nooby, but with these abilities he just lacks a general way of playing against him in a way that isn’t so extremely restricting. These abilities make Hanzo’s weaknesses a bit blurry (in the context of his entire kit)

AND

in fact the real problem is that everything that is annoying about Hanzo gets amplified tenfold by his ridiculous personality.

Death to Hanzo!

Edit: I believe I forgot to emphasize the most important aspect: kill Hanzo before it lays eggs.

1 Like

Storm is more powerful but I can react to it (dodge, blink, use a shield, etc). I don’t think it’s THAT much stronger than scatter, I definitely prefer it. Some of its strength also comes from the arrow speed increase, AND the reduced cooldown, not the ability itself.

1 Like

Storm arrow is both stronger and less frustrating to die to.

I prefer stormarrow. Sorry, scatter shot.

1 Like

Are you considering McCree cheap then? He has that with no cooldown as a hitscan weapon.

He needs two lengthy cooldowns, and to be in melee range to get the most from it.

I’m talking about his primary.

Which has a lower rate of fire.

Yeah, but if you hold M1 for spam you cant aim the arrows properly which makes you less likely to kill a 200 hp target. Spam to win only works against tanks.

That doesn’t make any sense, spam allows for the much higher rate of fire that allows for much less evasive action to be taken by the target; it’s why more rounds from fully automatic weapons hit than they do from Hanzo’s regular fire. It’s just tracking.

And even if it were true about spam to win only working on tanks, that hardly makes it okay.

Fully automatic weapons shoot bullets almost simultaniously.
With spam you rely on RNG and eventually an arrow will hit, but its very unlikely that you hit 3 consecutive shot, or even a headshot and a body shot on a squishy target. Thats why taking your time to aim these arrows is more effective. You dont see any Hanzo in high ranks holding M1 to kill squishies. They use him like McCree.

About the tank issue, scatter could oneshot burst tanks. So in that regard its worse.
If you want the effectiveness reduced against tanks, the right nerf was to decrease the number of arrows, not the dmg per arrow.