Oof, playing support sucks right now

Literally no fun playing against Genji now. The amount of damage he does, along with being able to cancel deflect is just silly.

118 Likes

Threads like these are at least doing their part. Hopefully the buffs get reverted, although they never should have been added to begin with.

70 Likes

It’s 2 extra damage. Chill out

23 Likes

The only problem I personally have with Genji is people in Diamond and below seem to want to let him do whatever he wants and ignore his existence. I don’t know if it’s because they don’t perceive him as a threat or they are unable to focus on two things at once, but the pre-existing issue of Genji being ignored needs to stop T_T… I’m okay with his buffs just eshfsejhkf focus him instead of letting him go shopping, take his time choosing out a nice scarf and ordering a fancy latté and you might find he’s not as horrible to fight as you think.

6 Likes

A decent game is about to be released, time for a break. =)

2 Likes

One extra damage made soldier a must pick. Context matters yo

I don’t think it’s ironclad bastion but … It’s also pretty disingenuous to say “it’s just 2 dmg”

88 Likes

honestly, i don’t even see much of a problem with this

the game could use more streamlined use of abilities like this overall

as much as i believe genji is a bloated hero ever since the start, this is one thing i’ll say is fair to have

it hits certain breakpoints

if it were “just 2 extra damage”, then it wouldn’t have even been added in

there’s a reason they chose 2

6 Likes

No. I’m gonna be scream and shout and let it all out. /s

4 Likes

1 extra damage to soldier’s rate is a lot different than Genji. Good point but not the best example.

2 Likes
  • And less spread.
  • Free control of deflect.
  • Faster ult gain.

Yeah, no. It’s not just the “2 extra damage”.

57 Likes

Especially when it’s 3 shuriken per shot, so it’s 6 damage extra per shot, and he got other changes on top of it. As you said, it likely has to do with damage breakpoints.

Which, personally, I don’t really care about the damage that much. It’s the Deflect cancellation change that’s really egregious in my view

18 Likes

Disagree. Genji’s damage isnt that gamechanging for support players, he cant one shot you easier as support and his nanoblade is as strong as before. Genji was in need for some buffs. The only players that can cry about genji’s buff are widow players… 4 years of muscle memory totally gone.

2 Likes

He’s super annoying, but he was kinda bad before the buffs. The deflect thing is more like a QOL change that ended up being a buff.
If he gets reverted, he’s gonna need some buffs, but idk how you buff a hero like Genji without making him a little OP.

1 Like

It hist only 1 ttk, rightclick melee, which will almost never hapoen

The thing is, he wasn’t bad. He just wasn’t leading the boards in every rank anymore. He was pretty middle-of-the-pack, but that’s okay. Because heroes like Genji are a lot more noticeable when they’re too strong, as they suck all the fun out of the game in ways that, say, a Reinhardt doesn’t.

22 Likes

Soldier has helix rockets, self heal and good mobility. Having consistant, low dmg and a high burst dmg option is what keeps him ballenced. This isn’t genjis case

1 Like

he really didn’t

he got power crept out of usefulness

it doesn’t mean his power levels weren’t there

he was still strong against the support cast besides moira and brig, and was still the most versatile against the dps roster besides who powercrept him to begin with

but then just swap off of him, like the rest of the cast has to swap when they get hard countered

maybe in low tiers or console
but those numbers add up when skill level rises

12 Likes

These are the things I can do without.

Come on, I’m talking to you.

1 Like

+6 damage, actually more due to faster rate of fire, and less spread. Along with being able to cancel deflect he has little counter play outside of a fully charged Zarya/Sym.

6 Likes

When will it happen then? Prove me wrong. Show me a replay of you dominating on genji. The last guy who sounded like you showed a replay of hopping into mines, getting 3 total kills, 0 of which with nanoblade

1 Like