šŸ”§ ā‚®ā±§É† ā±¤É„ā‚“ā‚®ÉŽ ā‚®Ć˜Ć˜ā±  ąøæĆ˜Ó¾ ~ The place where Bastion mains and players come to talk about Bastion, and wait for him to have his problems get fixed

What else should he have? I think the spread should be tightened a bit sooner, but I think heā€™s ok

Well all know you arenā€™t going to talk about thatā€¦ you will accuse it but will never prove it.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s good because allowing Bastion to ride Orisa in recon would be lewd and should be rule #10: No lewding Bastion.

1 Like

Might want to scroll up, bud.

This is patently nonsense.

You could say the same about any unique aspect of any hero and it would be just as absurd to accuse them as to accuse Bastion.

Accusation =/= discussion.

3 Likes

#8 All Bastion mains are equal.
#9 Some Bastion mains are more equal than others.

2 Likes

Are we already arguing about his concept?

2 Likes

Noā€¦ Itā€™s because heā€™s forced to go stationary that makes this difficult. That makes him a very easy target, which is why Ironclad is a thing to begin with. You canā€™t balance a hero whoā€™s primary function is going stationary. Itā€™s just poor design.

Dammit! Well, Iā€™m out. Good luck with your viability voyage tho. :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Personally, I donā€™t. I despise her kit design and balance, not the hero.

Second of all, she needs a rework, and thatā€™s not hypocritical of me since Iā€™ve proposed the same still with Bastion, like putting tank on E.

People can hate the hero all they want, but itā€™s been 3 years of this games lifecycle, and itā€™s old. I donā€™t care that you, or anyone else hates the hero, leaving a simply reply like ā€œGood, he deserves to be F-tierā€ is as old as dust, and has nothing constructive about it. We already have 1 post like that, but at least a discussion has come from it.

Which is what I have proposed a lot of times. I get it, people hate him, and donā€™t want him meta. neither does any Bastion main. But the very stuff Iā€™ve listed out, like making IC work as intended and buffing his ult, that should not be an unreasonable buff for him.

Yes, but you arenā€™t going to gain any ground by suggesting we delete Bastion.

False.

His pre-rework state in 2017 was the closest to balance heā€™s been. All he needed back then was the ability to move while healing and recon buffs. He got those buffs, but Blizzard took it upon themselves to neuter Sentry which crippled him, since that is his bread and butter.

Not to mention since that point in time, there has been a massive power creep and Bastion has received a lot of counters. It doesnā€™t make sense for him to get rolled by majority of the cast.

Itā€™s been proposed to move Tank onto E, but that lost traction when Blizzard said they didnā€™t want to rework him.

And buffing recon only makes him a clunkier version of Soldier, or if heā€™s too powerful heā€™ll replace Soldier, just in Recon alone.

No, I do not want him to be based around recon, no more than I want Soldier based around his helix rockets. The rule of thumb is 30/70. 30% Recon, 70% Sentry.

Which was caused when they took away HS, and then-2.0 spread, and gave him IC.

Thatā€™s the thing, he trades ALL mobility to be that way. I think that is a fair tradeoff, because thatā€™s what makes him a threat, or at least should.

I donā€™t care. Heā€™s here to stay, and he deserves the attention of the balance team as much as any other hero.

1 Like

Youā€™re going in circles, we all know that turrets are stationary, you have provided ZERO explanation. Stating the obvious is not proving your point.

Say why. Explain why.

Itā€™s like saying ā€œGenji is the only hero that can reflect damage, therefore he is impossible to balanceā€ it doesnā€™t make any sense. It may make sense in your head, but you could (and most likely do) have entirely flawed thinking from ignorance and self-serving interests.

3 Likes

I just want IC when transforming, because currently he doesnā€™t. Then I want 30-35% IC on Tank, because his ult is paper mache without it. 150 Armor on his ult was never a problem, and now that there has been a huge damage power creep, he needs that same old layer of protection.

20% on Sentry is good because of the firepower of Sentry. But it is far too weak on an ult. Imagine if this was the case with Winston.

He gets 500 more HP, as well as his ability to heal himself fully when pressing Q.

That health gets applied instantly, whereas IC on Bastion does not.

Then to bend reality, Blizzard takes away that 500 extra HP AND the ability to heal his health to full, and then gives him 50% damage reduction. Come to find out, itā€™s too much, and gut it down to 30%. Well, heā€™s still got 500 HP, but he is far more fragile because his effective HP was nerfed.

Thatā€™s the problem with 20% IC on Tank.

1 Like

Need glasses, mate? I told you why. Itā€™s because he becomes incredibly vulnerable as a stationary target. Now youā€™ve already taken away the playerā€™s need to evade by making that impossible, reducing the skill floor of the hero considerably. He has to deal incredible damage to compensate for his poor design. The only other alternative is to make him too tanky to kill. The bottom line is that itā€™s either going to be too easy to kill or too hard to kill.

I like it.

I really hope bastion gets some attention soon.
Maybe a sweet Overwatch Reworkā„¢ļø like Mercy so we get a second omnic crisis.

Also, I predict the people inside this thread will also become rusty waiting for buffs.

1 Like

Also good.

It sounds like you want a whole lot of reward for not doing anything. Sentry form should have a resource mechanic, shouldnā€™t be able to stay in it forever. Buff his damage even idc, just actually make the person play the game.

I feel like bastion should be moved to the tank category cuz he is very tanky, soaks up a lot of damage, creates space, and his ult is a tank

3 Likes

If weā€™ve lasted 2 years, weā€™re used to getting ignored. The unrest has been long gone for awhile now.

1 Like

I must REALLY need glasses because itā€™s missing the follow up to that where you say why that would be impossible to balance. Again, youā€™re stating the obvious to stay a stationary target is harder to hit, loads of things in Overwatch are stationary.

What poor design?

Say why not being able to constantly move is poor design? As I said, as I so accurately predicted and as you continue to prove you donā€™t want to discuss this, all you want to do is accuse.

We all know what youā€™re trying to do. Youā€™re just trying to hype up the hate, by any desperate attempt you can, just keep piling on the scorn until people somehow think itā€™s normal and acceptable.

Well itā€™s not.

5 Likes