šŸ”§ ā‚®ā±§É† ā±¤É„ā‚“ā‚®ÉŽ ā‚®Ć˜Ć˜ā±  ąøæĆ˜Ó¾ ~ The place where Bastion mains and players come to talk about Bastion, and wait for him to have his problems get fixed

So Welcome to the ā‚®ā±§É† ā±¤É„ā‚“ā‚®ÉŽ ā‚®Ć˜Ć˜ā±  ąøæĆ˜Ó¾, where Bastion mains and players from far and wide can come talk about the hero, what he needs, and what the community doesnā€™t understand about him.

As for me, Iā€™m sitting in the blueprint drawer brainstorming balance ideas that no one agrees with, but inevitably come true, like with the most recent patch notes.

So pick a drawer, and come have fun while chilling, while we all wait for this hero to get much needed balance updates.

šŸ…”šŸ…¤šŸ…›šŸ…”šŸ…¢:

#1. No Bastion main wants him Meta nor a must-pick. We want him viable and balanced when he gets played.
#2. No Bastion main wanted him to have ironclad, especially not 35%.
#3. Now that we have Ironclad and the devs wonā€™t take it away, it would be nice if it actually worked the way it was intended (which was to help Bastion when heā€™s vulnerable).

#4. Troll shenanigans like ā€œgood, keep Bastion F-tierā€ are dead memes at this point. No one cares that you hate the hero.
#5. There is no rule #6
#6. Rule #7 comes after 9, because 7 8 9.
#8. No Birb Measuring, as in no one cares when Sombra or DF dip below Bastion in pickrate/winrate, they are all bad heros, can we universally agree they need help???
#9. Rule #7 Can talk now
#7. I had nothing to say.

More Rules:

#10. All Bastion mains are equal.
#20. Some Bastion mains are more equal than others.
#500. No lewding Bastion.

Credit to syncerror, ThousandFold

So please, enjoy your stay and make sure to get your Tetanus Shot because the rust on Bastion is starting to flake, now that heā€™s been rotting for 2 years now.

So I have no desire to make another Bastion megathread, since everyone jumps on me and attacks when I simply want IC to be applies when heā€™s transforming, because currently he only gets it after he transforms, which is a huge hindrance to him. Then his ult is substantially weaker than his Sentry mode, because the 20% IC is a flat out nerf compared to his old 150 armor he used to get when he would ult.

And if you want, here is the link to the 2nd Bastion megathread, thatā€™s still very much relevant: šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored - #18626 by TREB-21513

24 Likes

Is this for just hanging out or balance ideas?

2 Likes

Everything.

Balance. Stories. POTGS. Fanfics. And general hanging out.

10 Likes

Can we talk about how a character who turns into a turret is lazy and undeserving of being made a relevant hero?

4 Likes

My time has come
gets a big book with BastionxGanymede in its title

5 Likes

I dunno, does it conflict with rule #4?

9 Likes

The rules bother meā€¦ The numbersā€¦ Whyyyyy

3 Likes

wait did chibiā€™s megathread get closed?

1 Like

But they are alright, 7 goes after 9ā€¦

2 Likes

Well it was either that or I put them in beep boops.

1 Like

It hurts my brain though

3 Likes

No, we just need a migration since that thread is reaching its cap.

Plus this is for more general chat. In regards to that thread, we got off topic quite a lot :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nope, but it was getting already old, also it is approaching 20K replies, which I think it is the cap for a thread.

2 Likes

When Bastion is in sentry he should be able to extend his body upwards and downwards at will like the Gadgetmobile. If you come out of sentry form while extended upwards, it puts you into recon at that height level, allowing you to reach high ground with Bastion easier.

1 Like

Å“ā‚¬ÅÄ†Ć˜Īœā‚¬ Å¦Ć˜ ŞŦŘĪ”ŇĒ¤ā‚¬Å˜VĘ—ÅÅā‚¬. Ä“Ć˜Ę—Å‡ į»®Åž Ī”ŇĐ ĪœĆ˜Å¦Ä¦ā‚¬Å˜ Å“Ę—ÅÅ Ī²ā‚¬ Ę¤Åā‚¬Ī”Åžā‚¬Ä.

Sorry, this is what the title reminded me of :sweat_smile: - great thread btw!

1 Like

No, I think itā€™s a legitimate point. What does a guy who turns into a turret have to offer a fast-paced arena shooter?

1 Like

Anti-Tank capabilities.

The kind thing that we donā€™t have currently, and GOATS just rolls him and everyone else.

He has more than enough counters now, itā€™s time he gets some power back, especially in his Tank, and that his IC actually works properly and as intended. Of which, it doesnā€™t.

2 Likes

On Rule #4ā€¦ I wonder how many Bastion mains despise Brig or some other player. Just saying, nothing about Bastion precludes people from caring to hate the hero. I cannot imagine though why people would get annoyed at a character designed to cut people down without a chance to seriously respond :roll_eyes:

And fwiw, I have a relatively expensive Bastion figure on my desk next to me, I am not anti-Bastion per se, but lets be honest, he could use some balance work all the way around to make him less annoying and better for Bastion mainsā€¦

There are ways of handling that which donā€™t include making a hero a turret. The fundamental problem is that thereā€™s no real way to balance him without removing his turret form. That is, unless you make him more of a recon hero and give him utility in exchange for reducing his damage.

With his turret ability, he either doesnā€™t deal enough damage to kill anything and is a throw pick, or heā€™s overtuned and absolutely obliterates everything and is OP.

The problem with Bastion is that heā€™s fundamentally wrong.

1 Like

Or allow him to ride Orisa so those 2 can ride off into the sunset, with Bastion in Sentry of course.