One tricks being banned

Then blizzards support staff should have to remove these bans or face firing.

It’s been proven over and over again that those banns were for intentional throwing/afking/abusive chat and NOT one tricking.

1 Like

Then show the proof. Because I’ve been through the system, and I had VIDEO EVIDENCE i didn’t do any of those things.

1 Like

the proof is that the suspensions were appealed, investigated and upheld.

what video “evidence” can you offer that overturns dozens and dozens of unique reports over a long period of time? at best all you can do is present an example to two of people claiming they reported you. blizzard has already stated they throw out reports for onetricks.

so stop feeding or throwing games and glhf

Attitudes like this are why competitive is sometimes just an awful experience. Please, if you can’t be nice to others and feel the need to be controlling how others play the game, it’s probably better you stay out of competitive or just don’t talk/type.

Let’s try to make the game a more fun/healthy/friendly environment instead of flaming people and being hateful just because you don’t like who they picked.

Also, I see no real purpose behind your post. It’s extremely inflammatory and offers no constructive feedback. It seems your goal is more to stir up a fight/argument than to gain insight on to why things are they way they are.

3 Likes

The fact that I have every single game recorded? They won’t even let you appeal and SUBMIT game recordings. Plus they admit they can’t see your gameplay. Have you been through the appeals process? It literally goes like this. “You’ve got X reports for this offense. We can’t see your actual gameplay footage. We’re not overturning the suspension.” That’s not an investigation, and they’re actually ADMITTING they can’t see the evidence.

It’s not really to gain insight. It’s to try to get things changed. Blizzard is literally saying “This is non-bannable” and banning for it.

one-trick should NOT be banned due to their hero selection.
However,

ONE-TRICKER SHOULD BE BANNED due to their refusal to work as a team, coorperate with other teammates and the lack of game sense.

In response to this:

Just because they aren’t doing what you want them to do, doesn’t mean they aren’t trying to work as a team or contribute to the overall goal.

I see people get mad at others all the time for not playing with the team, when it’s simply just a poor understanding of what the other person is trying to do. Maybe you don’t understand their playstyle? Maybe they are having a bad game? Maybe you are the one who is being a bad teammate and not them?

I had a team get extremely angry at me and started verbally harassing me because I decided I wanted to play Zen on Hollywood defense instead of a main healer. They wanted me to solo heal as Mercy, but I wanted to play Zen. Did I deserve the likely reports I received because I “wasn’t being a team player?” Absolutely not.

My point is most of the time people think someone isn’t being a team player, it’s because that person probably has some control issues or isn’t willing to be flexible in how the team plays, and it’s “their way or the highway”.

3 Likes

THIS… ALL OF THIS… Players that report one tricks, especially SNIPER one tricks, most of the time do NOT understand the point of a sniper.

3 Likes

There’s a double standard bias in them, if the appeals are even vetted at all. A one trick can retort to people being abusive in chat to them for being a symmetra player, but the hundreds of people both provoking and being abusive to the symmetra player get off scott free despite the fact they do it to most one tricks they see and are the problem in the first place. However, because they didn’t reach the report threshold because there’s so few one tricks and there’s so many people false reporting one tricks, then the one tricks get banned for any offense while the people abusive toward them don’t get any action at all despite creating a very negative environment for the one tricks and provoking them in the first place.

Compound this with the fact Blizzard has motivation to say their system is working as intended even if it’s not and the fact that any person repeatedly subjected to the same abusive behavior becomes increasingly sensitive and reactive to it and you have a very very biased system with more than a simple double standard it’s designing one tricks to fail and get banned.

4 Likes

The report descriptions and Blizz posts have made things pretty clear on what is and is not reportable.

The problem is people ignore all that and use their own reasons and report anyway, even when the official material explicitely says otherwise.

Like your example, “swapping if neeeded” is not, and has never been, a reportable offense under the current and old report categories. Yet there are a bunch of people who openly admit to reporting for such reasons, even when the description clearly says not to.

3 Likes

Then the people who report for it should be perma’d for abuse of the report system, and their reports against the players they reported THROWN OUT. Like Kaplan himself has said. Dont abuse the report system.

2 Likes

Exactly. I’ve seen Widowmakers who are better at creating space for the team than a really good main tank player. People just lack the ability to understand that roles are flexible… Like just because you are playing defense without a shield tank, doesn’t mean you are going to lose. It’s honestly ridiculous at how stuck in their ways some players are.

1 Like

That, and 6dps or 6 support teams have won games before. Trying to enforce a ‘team composition’ only limits the team… Oh wait, you’re trying to force the team to 2/2/2? Who’s not being flexible now?

2 Likes

I want false reporters to be banned, and I want posts supporting false reporting to be wiped as well. But it’s not going that well :confused:

I figured cleaning the forums to be a relatively easy task since the evidence is right there, but here we are.

4 Likes

maybe you don’t understand the point of a sniper?

I understand the point of a sniper just fine. The point im trying to make on this is that the people who report one tricks, usually NEVER play that character, therefore do not know how that character works.

2 Likes

maybe you don’t though. you seem to get reported a lot for it. maybe the fact that dozens and dozens of unique players reported you actually means something.

Mob justice doesn’t mean anything.

Anyone can report anyone and because their customer service barely checks whether the reports are valid, you can report someone for gameplay sabotage before you have left spawn, which by itself makes it false report because they have not had a chance to “sabotage gameplay”, but there are instances of players being suspended at that very moment and video proof of such reports working and insta-suspending players.

You can also report someone on the enemy team just because you’re salty and have it be valid report, like chipsa reporting stevoo for losing to his symmetra and even type in as a reason that he’s onetrick symmetra. But the system does not differentiate between reports done by enemy team or your team either or if the game has actually started. Stevoo is famous for being suspended again in like 10 hours or so because of reports like these. Instances where he plays symm on defence, switches to moira before the game has started and his teammate has already reported him or threathening to report him for griefing and says so on voice chat.

You absolutely can have dozens upon dozens of false reports if you don’t do anything wrong. There is plenty proof lying around and blaming the victim like “hmm maybe it’s you doing something wrong or actually afking and being toxic, I don’t believe you even if you had video evidence” is giving the power to all these people who report others for perceived slights.

You absolutely can carry a team as widowmaker but your team can still be oblivious about it, get toxic and report for playing offmeta as long as their perception of your contribution is off. Players extremely often shift blame to other players because they don’t want to take the blame themselves, since doing that would be admitting they’re a bad player.

3 Likes