One tricks being banned

yet you have people in tf2 with 2 spys or 2 snipers and you tell them to switch and they say no and report them nothing happans aka they don;t get banned so why does blizzard do it?

Coming from league of legends I have to disagree.
In league if you made an off meta pick you got flamed by your entire team and sometimes even the enemy team.

I don’t condone that behaviour. When I said that it should be reportable, I meant it under the current reporting system.
Where you need to stack up 50 reports before action is taken against you.
Those reports drop off over an unknown amount of time.

Meaning, if you amass 50 reports for one tricking in a short space of time, yes.
You should be banned.
Because that’s 50+ people you’ve inconvenienced.

That’s the community deciding what it finds acceptable.

Something league of legends achieved with toxicity.

2 Likes

No, it doesn’t. Because the rules are set up in a way where one rule supercedes another. Tell me, would you want someone playing Reinhardt, who has 0 hours on him when their main is Genji, just because the team “needs” a rein?

1 Like

can you define “off meta” in the context of league? Also league has role q which solves a lot of the issues with team comp, if you REALLY want to have more structured ranked games advocate for that instead of advocating for banning people who dont do what you demand of them

I don’t condone that behaviour

sorry what behavior?

That’s the community deciding what it finds acceptable.

the community isn’t mature enough to have the privilege of doing that lol it would be horrible for the health of the game, it would get heavily abused.

Something league of legends achieved with toxicity.

toxicity is never acceptable and using it as a tool to let the community police the playerbase is a terrible trash idea.

1 Like

It’s a blatant contradiction.
You’re expected to play to win.
Team comp and swapping to counter is a large part of winning any game of Overwatch.
But you aren’t expected to do that?
That’s part of the game.
That’s how you win.

1 Like

not trickling is also apart of how you win the game but we aren’t banning the entire bronze tier because they trickle

being forced to do whatever your teammates tell you to do is horrible because your teammates are often straight up WRONG I remember hearing about a high level widow player being flamed in bronze during a bronze to high level thing because the players had no idea how much he was helping.

You’ve decided you don’t like me, and you’re twisting everything I say.
We cannot have a productive conversation about this.
You’ll take this as evidence that you are correct no doubt.
But cool, I forfeit.
I didn’t come here looking for conflict.

I’m not an evil person :expressionless:

I’ll just continue to carry one tricks while being told I am selfish for thinking we could have used a main healer instead of a Symmetra.

2 Likes

Exactly. Would you want someone to play a character they have no experience on just because that’s what the team needs? Or would you rather see them feed MORE because you’re trying to force them off the only character they’re relatively decent on?

im not twisting anything, im interpreting it in a certain way but im not intentionally misinterpreting, i cant read your mind, this is why the post you replied to had two questions

Can you answer them and try to clarify what you actually mean? What do you feel that i am twisting.

It sounds like you want people banned for not doing what you think is the best way to win, is this not correct? That isn’t “evil” you aren’t killing puppies but it certainly isn’t nice, id define it as “controlling, overbearing and pushy”.

Thats what all the players who report off meta and one tricks want. The problem isn’t that they want this though, its not that one tricking MIGHT be selfish either. It’s that straight out, blizzard has said “one tricking is not punishable” and players are having one trickers punished anyway.

No.
I’m not trying to be a bad guy.
I want people banned for willingly being unhelpful to their teams.

I honestly don’t care enough about it to keep this going.
Cleary I’m in the minority here.

That’s fine, I can accept that and try to work around what I perceive as being a problem.

I’m sorry that we clashed.

well to be fair rogue said they want it to be bannable and it sounds like they don’t report people currently? Idk

its still not reasonable to want blizzard to ban everyone who doesn’t do what you want.

how is that different from “not doing what i think is the best way to win”

I mean, you aren’t, otherwise people wouldn’t be banned for onetricking, its ok to not continue a discussion for whatever reason, not having an answer, being tired, it being upsetting, etc.

I can accept that and try to work around what I perceive as being a problem.

id like to highlight this, “what you perceive as being a problelm” thats the problem with a mob rule report system, people perceive stuff that isn’t a problem to be one, people get fed misinformation and look desperately for anything to blame but themselves, this results in people scapegoating things.

then people should be ok to report the flex players if they can’t perform. because it is obvious they are throwing. 1. ult charge will be reset everytime you change hero. 2. most of the time, flex players are not as good as the players who main a specific character. 3. you will be swapping to a hero that is being countered – how? enemy team – genji, lucio, zarya, zen, reaper and rein. what do you swap to since you are so flexible?

Like smurfs, lag, KBM on console, OP heroes and the like?

If I could play main tank and main healer at the same time I would have nothing to complain about.

My SR reflects how many times I’ve taken a gamble on, “which do we need more, a shield or healing?”
So it’s not my “skill rating,” it’s my “luck rating.”

I would like to play this game too, but lately it’s just been a chore.

I’m not looking for something to blame. I’m tired of fighting 5v6.
That’s me donzo.
That’s my entire view wrapped up.

I’m just sad that I can’t play main tank and main support at the same time so I could do everything for my team, whatever they chose.

I’m just sad that it’s like this.

I would honestly probably suggest a Widow against that, I can’t play a serviceable Widowmaker myself, so I would likely make that suggestion to my DPS team mates.

genji counters widow like no tomorrow.

Let’s see him try, because that Widow is on my team and I have her back :wink:

If he goes for a sneaky flank and it fails, instant advantage.
5v6.

Although I guess it depends, are we defending or attacking the comp you suggested?

Just noticed the Lucio + Zen healing combo.
With the Rein in mind I think Pharah would be the best pick
She has a lot more burst then those two are able to heal, and she can move Rein away woth conc blast.

its harder to respond if you don’t quote me? Can you do that? idk what this is related to

If I could play main tank and main healer at the same time I would have nothing to complain about.

so advocate for a role q like league has

My SR reflects how many times I’ve taken a gamble on, “which do we need more, a shield or healing?”

“id be higher but its my teams fault”

many people climb higher than you in the same conditions as you, there are issues with matchmaking, we could get a role q, remove pbsr, etc, your teammates not doing what you want isn’t one of the problems

So it’s not my “skill rating,” it’s my “luck rating.”

stop blaming your teammates, you are the defining factor in your games over a large sample size.

I would like to play this game too, but lately it’s just been a chore.

so just pick whoever you want, it becomes a lot more fun when you do that, i barely ever get games that are completely lost due to hero picks, ive won plenty of games where we have 5 dps and a healer because we were just better than the enemy team and ive been stomped when we had the better comp, i feel like you are exaggerating about game quality, it would probably be more enjoyable if you didn’t focus so much on teamcomp, i know it became more enjoyable when i stopped thinking “gg” in my head when i see theres a widow on my team.

I’m not looking for something to blame.

you literally are blaming people though?

I’m tired of fighting 5v6

i too don’t like leavers but thats a separate issue, its frustrating when your teammates aren’t performing well but that happens even with a good teamcomp, sometimes you just get stomped.

That’s my entire view wrapped up.

ok, i don’t see how i was twisting your words then.

1 Like

I don’t quote people like you do because I think it looks aggressive.
I don’t care if other people do it, I just don’t see the point.

When I read other forum conversations it’s annoying to see bits you’ve already read repeated, and it makes responding to you difficult, because now I have to respond to several little bits, rather than have a conversation with you.