ONE-TRICKS 'Avoid as teammate' šŸ¤”

Their way of banning one tricks without getting blood on their hands.

How could you ā€˜abuseā€™ avoiding the players you donā€™t want to play with? If the same people get avoided by tons of other players that isnā€™t ā€˜abuseā€™ that is how the game would actually work if you got to have a choice of who you grouped with. Maybe they should stop being toxic or bad teammates. Giving them much longer queues might actually fix a ton of problems.

1 Like

Avoiding players you think are weak so the end up on enemy teams plus it should be used for avoiding toxic people so itā€™s supposed to be a more after the game I donā€™t want to reque into this person rather than I donā€™t want to play with this dude because of his hero choice so it doesnā€™t need to be infinite

To avoid abuse. Its a feature to avoid toxic dudes and throwers. If there were no limits, people would avoid every off meta player.

4 people tell me to switch? that doesnā€™t really happen, 2 is rare, most of the time its just one obnoxious guy who thinks they can veto other peoples heroes.

Iā€™m sure it happens sometimes, and probably more often to one tricks and maybe more at higher ranks, but i dont think the people who really hate symetra torb etc make up as much of the player base as they think they do, or else the majority of them are quiet and dont speak out.

1 Like

Two may be rare of people that actually speak up and Iā€™ve seen multiple people asking one tricks to switch or expressing their disappointment in my matches personally.

Hitting avoid is effortless however and from the threads Iā€™ve seen of the forums about how one tricks are constantly abused, given death threats and etc the number of people who are going to be avoiding one tricks is going to be far larger than the two reports the small one trick population has.

Unless the sheer number of people on the forums complaining about one tricks, the sheer number of one tricks who say they receive negative player reactions for their hero pick and the number of one tricks who are actually banned because large amounts of players have actually reported them are all false then yeah Iā€™m confident in my beliefs.

You have two reports over 7 day, I think in that time period if you literally only played Sym youā€™re going to run into some troubles that two avoid players isnā€™t going to solve.

Yeah I donā€™t usually receive a lot of people telling me to switch too. Usually they just understand Iā€™m at my rank for my torb gameplay or I direct them to my winrate at the start of the match and their cool

1 Like

I think I would rather avoid blatant throwers and just generally toxic people rather than a genuine one trick.

No, itā€™s really not.

A ā€˜banā€™ is when Overwatch forcefully blocks you from playing one (or more) game modes.

The ā€˜avoid warningā€™ message is simply informing the player that they are receiving a large number of ā€˜avoidā€™ ratings and that their queue times may increase as a result.

One-tricking still is fine and isnā€™t breaking any rules.
HOWEVER,
Blizzard have now given people the tools to avoid one-tricks if they so wish.

Yeah thatā€™s why I said soft ban, being punished with longer ques is one step away from ban, which it essentially is. Iā€™m gonna use this to avoid people that send switch messages so hopefully I end up against them so I can sit them down.

Been so unlucky this week, havenā€™t ended up against one of those insta ragers.

I kind of would rather get a one trick who actually plays a useful hero rather than getting an attack sym/torb that im forced to play around. 5 players > 1 player.

and why shouldnā€™t they be able to do that?

Because this is a video game and you should be able to play characters even if the community doesnā€™t think their good. If people only played by the meta that removes literally half the characters and id never be able to play torb.

This feels like a good feature until you realize itā€™s just to distract us from the fact that a team based game hasnā€™t had any clan system or LFG tools for 2 years.

Put people who are placed in blocked/avoid list play against one another.

Iā€™m not using it for one tricks.

Iā€™m using it for people I truly no longer wish to be teamed up with.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t, nor do I now, dislike playing with anyone based on who they pick.

What Iā€™m glad I can utilize this feature for is the stubborn jerk who refuses to switch off a hero who doesnā€™t put in their fair share or work with the team.

That goes to the Widow who refused to swap when they kept dying and couldnā€™t get kills against 3 barrier tanks + a D.Va constantly on her.

It goes to the Symmetra who kept getting wrecked by a Winston, Reaper, Moira, Pharah, and Junkrat that kept wrecking her, and wouldnā€™t switch, but kept telling us we suck when I kept trying to help her.

And it also goes to the Soldier and Tracer who kept saying they had gold damage, and called the rest of our team garbage, when they kept running in 1v6 and dying.

3 Likes

If youā€™re getting avoided by enough people to get a warning, then itā€™s pretty obvious where the problem lies.

This feature is obviously designed to target OTPā€™s who never switch no matter how hard theyā€™re countered. And personally I saw screw them, theyā€™re not willing to work as a team, so they shouldnā€™t be surprised when people donā€™t want them on their teams.

Less controversially, like Jeff said, itā€™s a great immediate solution for having throwers, trolls or just all round toxic players on your team, since you can still report them, and be able to immediately avoid them to prevent those awful situations where you get the same thrower in your team 3 matches in a row.

1 Like

I donā€™t need to give it a day.

Iā€™ve run into 4 stacks that throw matches. 4 is more than 2.

2 is nowhere near enough. Itā€™s almost laughable that Blizzard would limit it to such a small number.

Being able to avoid up to 100 would be a much better start to this new feature.

You obviously donā€™t play on console. Competitive is a toxic swamp on Xbox.

Yes Iā€™m on PC.

Even with the ability to create new accounts (which Iā€™m guessing the reason for increased console toxicity, new accounts can simply be made for free), they still need to slog through 15-20 hours of gameplay to get back to competitive.