ONE-TRICKS 'Avoid as teammate' 🤔

They had to think of the matchmaking and queue times when making the system.

4 Likes

The way I see it, this feature is for times when you queue up with the same person more than once a session, and they prove they’re useless (or just having a bad day) so you don’t get paired with them for the rest of that session. The chances of seeing the same person during different sessions has been abysmal from my experience, thus the auto removal.

2 Likes

This is the best day of Overwatch.

2 Likes

I don’t care if it makes my queue time longer.

If I avoid someone it’s because they’re toxic/throwing/smurfing and I don’t want to play with them EVER AGAIN.

And what about when you run into smurfs on the enemy team? GMs on their Platinum smurfs single-handedly wrecking entire teams. Why can we not avoid them?

1 Like

2 is not enough on low elo.

too many smurfs, toxic people

5 Likes

Yep, 2 is just a drop in the toxic ocean that is Competitive on console.

The impact Avoid as Teammate will have on consoles will be extremely minimal, if it’ll even be noticeable at all.

1 Like

This.

Whilst I’m sure people want 200 (or more) avoid slots, they’re the same people who are then on the forums moaning about long queue times.

The ‘avoid’ system has literally been out for what, like 3 hours? How about we try it for a day or two before asking for more avoids.

1 Like

Oceania have at least 2 throwers/trolls every match.

I think we need more slots lol.

I find it absolutely hilarious that Jeff (not Geoff) specifically used the example of using this feature to avoid one-trick-haters in his video, and the one-trick-haters are all going jubilee on this as if it was a justification for their one-trick-hate-ism.

That said, I think this might work.

1 Like

Then after the 7 days, you can put them back on the list. Jeff stated that clearly. So, you can avoid them forever, but it takes you putting them back on. If avoiding them permanently is so vital to you, just do the couple of mouse clicks. Christ.

2 Likes

That would involve learning and adapting. I don’t see much of that in this community.

2 Likes

Honestly only two slots is extremely arbitrary. I get why they did it, but you can guarantee they’ll not help with reducing toxicity, due to the limited number.

A better system would be unlimited slots but having to explain why you blocked someone. Maybe have a filter for key words to distinguish between abusers and genuine users. But that’s probably too much effort for Blizz :wink:

2 Likes

The statement was very ironic. Let’s state the obvious and truthful reason, this 2 limit avoid is specifically for the one tricks the GM community has been complaining about.

“One trick haters” aren’t going to be the ones adversely effected by longer queue times or the player population not wanting to play with them. This is their way of getting one tricks to try to change their behavior or form a six stack to play around them.

The entire language of the video was geared towards one tricks.

2 Likes

I will always be amazed by the fact-twisting skills employed by the anti-one-trick crowd. You guys are amazing, and should consider a career in politics.

1 Like
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/updated-player-experience-tools-for-1-22/42828

This is totally about that great Genji player and really not about the Torb or Sym one tricks who will be placed on the avoid list by nearly all of their teammates. Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night I guess.

2 Likes

I think it goes without saying that Blizz understand a large number of one-tricks are going to be on people’s ‘avoid’ lists, the post you quoted doesn’t even try to avoid that fact. Jeff even alludes to it towards the end of the recent developer update video talking about this new feature.

Yes, that’s why just like the developer video it’s ironic that someone would claim the “anti-one-trick crowd” are the one twisting facts.

At that point it’s not even about telling a lie to other people, its just lying to yourself if someone can’t see this was primarily for and will primarily effect one tricks. I would think you’d have to be purposefully obtuse or naive to not see that. Either that or feel personally hurt by the upcoming storm that they know will happen to them.

1 Like

This, right here, is the wisdom everyone need.

If you play off-meta (or “one trick”), the people that will put you in the avoid list above, you know, ACTUAL throwers and griefers, are making you a favor by being one less toxic person you meet in your future matches.

The slots are extremely limited, I doubt too many people will keep a petty squabble going too long when they meet the people for who this system was designed to fight, and might start weighting the “issues” of playing next with a “one trick” or a “toxic mic screamer that throw a tantrum at the first lost team fight and start chain suiciding”.

On top of that, grouping up nulls all effects of this avoid feature. If you end up with really long queue times, it might be faster to join a discord channel and grab a 6-stack really quickly.

2 Likes

i heavily disagree with your previous post and i don’t think the point you mentioned there will apply, however, it’ll definitely aislate anyone who one tricks a one meta hero/bad teamwork ppl solely because in comp the goal is simply “not having fun” its to win

there, hope it sounds less rude and reasonable :0

1 Like

The report system is there for those players and I’ve encountered less people outright purposefully throwing a match than people who refused to ever switch and were in effect doing the same thing.

This is true and it’s what people have said for a long time, if you don’t ever want to play around your team maybe you should form your own team. I think the system will encourage different behaviors in certain people as evidenced by how attitudes are immediately changing for some.

It’s not perfect but it’s a start, before today people would be saying that people who don’t like playing with one tricks are the ones who need to form a six stack, immediately after the announcement people are acknowledging one tricks may have to form their own groups or be face long queue times.

Edit: I appreciate your edit Also looking out for you as people have tried to get me banned for similar postings.

Be nice. I heavily disagree with a lot of xavvy’s posts and find a few nonsensical but plenty of people do agree with them. They have a right to their feelings and viewpoint.