One trick ban-able

I mean optimistically I’d expect them to not make the same mistakes over and over and over again and somehow expect a different result. Continue to make mistakes, play poorly? Sure, but not the same ones again and again and again.

I only had to fall for a Reaper shadowstepping into the team and ulting once.

The rest of my team fell for it four times.

You’d think the moment I vamoosed via teleporter they’d have picked up on that.

1 Like

It’s like trying to push a point in the same place again and again.

Or agreeing on a strategy and yet somehow still having that one person who goes completely against what the team agreed on.

This is going to sound really rude, but maybe a lot of people just aren’t very strategic thinkers…Like NPCs bugging out and walking into a wall lol.

my boi zenyatta is useful! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Good luck on that.:joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hate to tell you but soft throwing and throwing is 100% breaking TOS and is bannable. From Blizzard’s own Rules of Conducts across all of their games

Behavior that intentionally detracts from others’ enjoyment (such as griefing, throwing, feeding, etc.) is unacceptable. We expect our players to treat each other with respect and promote an enjoyable environment. Acceptable behavior is determined by player reports and Blizzard’s decision, and violating these guidelines will result in account and gameplay restrictions.

Now whether or not someone is throwing by one-tricking is debatable. I’ve seen one tricks banned before. I also see many one tricks running around like chickens with their heads cut off. So Blizzard absolutely agrees its against their rules, just on a case by case basis. 75% of the time the player isn’t intentionally throwing.

Fake news.

Blizzard has already verified that one-tricking isn’t against the rules. Abusing the report system in an attempt to ban innocent players doesn’t prove otherwise.

6 Likes

I would believe he means when you play something that is bound to make you lose by design as the enemies simply don’t even have to bother putting any thought about dealing with you as you die or feed by default over and over. For example, if you try to out-snipe a better sniper from a disadvantage position, run pharah without being able or know how to flank versus a good hitscan or just have a hog taking damage for the lulz of maybe getting out a fun ulti even if that means that the enemy team will have theirs while the rest of the HoGs team will be stuck on like 40-60% every fight.

So I would guess what he’s after is not really the heroes themself or the skill level of the player but rather how some prefer to run into a brick wall over and over again refusing to adapt the slightest in order to not running into that wall one more time, at least not with a 100% certainty.

1 Like

Sooooo those banned players who were one tricks were just imagining things then eh? K. You right. Fake news.

Not only is the statement I posted more recent, but it literally says in the game that one-tricking is not gameplay sabotage.

I’ll say it again: Abusing the report system to ban innocent players doesn’t prove violation of the rules.

4 Likes

Good one-trick exists though, regardless of the meta. Definitely not bannable. You just need to play around the bad ones and work with what you have.

2 Likes

I hate to tell you but just cause someone one tricks heroes doesnt mean that they’re throwing.

If anything your attitude is just childish atm.

2 Likes

This^^
By the idiotic philosophy that OP has, I guess back in season 10 even though I had a 80% WR after 40 games in masters during a meta that hard countered Rat,I was throwing since I was a One trick.
:man_shrugging:

-One tricks Win and lose just as much as everyone else
That’s why we are everywhere: We aren’t throwing by any means. But what ever, guess ProLikeChro, Fuey, Stevoo, the other 5 GM/Masters Junk One tricks I know etc. are all just filthy throwers

2 Likes

Just report everyone for what you want. The system does not care how often you report people (you will not get punished as there is no detection of report spammimg/false reporting). I went Ana and a threestack reported me because they wanted a baptist :slight_smile: No warnings or stuff so far. But if that widow plays widow in double shield every match and gets reported every match, there might be a ban as the system is automated.

X amount of reports over Y matches and you get a warning (basically the system tells you while you are free to play what you like, please do not play whar you like or we might ban you because the community wants to).

So just report everyone you think is throwing and if enough people do it … boom a ban. I see that ,switch to xyz or we report you’’ in every second match mostly targeted at off tanks or DPS

And weve all had these people thinking they can flex but provide absolutely nothing

2 Likes

I’m a ball onetrick so I’d like to say that onetricks are wildcards that can either carry or feed and it really depends on the enemy comp or map. The best thing for fellow onetricks to do is learn a hero that can get value if the enemy is playing your counters. Like I learned zarya since she does good against cc.

1 Like

Chances are that one-tricks are going to get more value out of their hero than anyone else on the team who’s flexing. Why? They obviously know that hero more intricately given the amount of time dedicated to it. But you don’t like it because you happened to lose a game with a one-trick on your team. Maybe if you focused more on working with them instead of complaining and soft throwing, you’d have pulled out a W.

2 Likes

You’re entirely right. A onetrick that only plays their chosen hero is going to get little value off of a different one, so it is best to just try to work with them, instead of getting titled.

2 Likes

That can be applied to literally anyone, one trick or not.

1 Like

When its out of context yeah

No, can still be applied to literally anyone

1 Like