One trick ban-able

you’ve all had it getting a zen when all you need s a lucio

a d.va when you only needed zarya

a genji when all you need is doomfist (cuz you know ez strong dps)

its soft throwing and you know it

it drags the team down in an ability based shooter

Its just a design flaw of a game with no draft/ban stage.

2 Likes

This debate is so 2018. It died then. Why are we bringing it up again?

5 Likes

Because the rules need an update with 2-2-2

1 Like

One tricking is not against the rules and you know it.

See? I can do that too.

If you get mad about someone one tricking heroes in this game, this game is not really for you.

10 Likes

Soft throwing is the issue. Playing a hero, not getting value off them, and not switching IS Soft Throwing and players need to start getting banned from Comp for that behavior.

2 Likes

Do me a favor and define “soft throwing” if you would.

Because to me it sounds like it’s “trying their best on a hero you just don’t like/agree with” which, by definition, is not throwing, and therefore is not reportable.

9 Likes

All I want to say is today I was stuck with a Winston one-trick. In Bronze.

Who played like he was doing dive meta and fed his damn brains out when literally no one else on the team was dive meta and said ‘we’ were the ones who needed to swap to accomodate him.

Then there was the frontlining DPS Moira who complained when I took Moira away from them to stop that (and I’m not sorry, I’d do it again, too).

One-tricking might not be bannable but my god you got no right doing it if you play your main this badly.

1 Like

That’s different to a character choice, though. He’s playing badly, so the issue is more-so his playstyle than the actual character he chose. If that makes sense.
Back in my D.Va main days before her hideous nerf, I could win against a Zarya/Sym/Mei comp simply because A, my team was good and B, I played around them. I didn’t charge them head-on without back-up and all the rest of it.

That’s the same issue. Playstyle is what matters most.

It’s Bronze, what do you expect? I’ve been bottom-of-the-barrel Bronze before (625 was my lowest point) so I’ve seen what the worst of the worst players can be like. You can’t expect them to play like someone in Plat or above who has developed that game-sense to not dive the enemy team alone (but eh some of them still do it even in Diamond games lol).

1 Like

I mean optimistically I’d expect them to not make the same mistakes over and over and over again and somehow expect a different result. Continue to make mistakes, play poorly? Sure, but not the same ones again and again and again.

I only had to fall for a Reaper shadowstepping into the team and ulting once.

The rest of my team fell for it four times.

You’d think the moment I vamoosed via teleporter they’d have picked up on that.

1 Like

It’s like trying to push a point in the same place again and again.

Or agreeing on a strategy and yet somehow still having that one person who goes completely against what the team agreed on.

This is going to sound really rude, but maybe a lot of people just aren’t very strategic thinkers…Like NPCs bugging out and walking into a wall lol.

my boi zenyatta is useful! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Good luck on that.:joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hate to tell you but soft throwing and throwing is 100% breaking TOS and is bannable. From Blizzard’s own Rules of Conducts across all of their games

Behavior that intentionally detracts from others’ enjoyment (such as griefing, throwing, feeding, etc.) is unacceptable. We expect our players to treat each other with respect and promote an enjoyable environment. Acceptable behavior is determined by player reports and Blizzard’s decision, and violating these guidelines will result in account and gameplay restrictions.

Now whether or not someone is throwing by one-tricking is debatable. I’ve seen one tricks banned before. I also see many one tricks running around like chickens with their heads cut off. So Blizzard absolutely agrees its against their rules, just on a case by case basis. 75% of the time the player isn’t intentionally throwing.

Fake news.

Blizzard has already verified that one-tricking isn’t against the rules. Abusing the report system in an attempt to ban innocent players doesn’t prove otherwise.

6 Likes

I would believe he means when you play something that is bound to make you lose by design as the enemies simply don’t even have to bother putting any thought about dealing with you as you die or feed by default over and over. For example, if you try to out-snipe a better sniper from a disadvantage position, run pharah without being able or know how to flank versus a good hitscan or just have a hog taking damage for the lulz of maybe getting out a fun ulti even if that means that the enemy team will have theirs while the rest of the HoGs team will be stuck on like 40-60% every fight.

So I would guess what he’s after is not really the heroes themself or the skill level of the player but rather how some prefer to run into a brick wall over and over again refusing to adapt the slightest in order to not running into that wall one more time, at least not with a 100% certainty.

1 Like

Sooooo those banned players who were one tricks were just imagining things then eh? K. You right. Fake news.

Not only is the statement I posted more recent, but it literally says in the game that one-tricking is not gameplay sabotage.

I’ll say it again: Abusing the report system to ban innocent players doesn’t prove violation of the rules.

4 Likes

Good one-trick exists though, regardless of the meta. Definitely not bannable. You just need to play around the bad ones and work with what you have.

2 Likes

I hate to tell you but just cause someone one tricks heroes doesnt mean that they’re throwing.

If anything your attitude is just childish atm.

2 Likes