One-Punch Man x Overwatch 2 Event

1 Like

Why would they? Saitama will make the most money, so it makes sense to make people pay for it.
Not saying that I think itā€™s good, but from a business standpoint, it makes the most sense

1 Like

It certainly doesnā€™t look terrible, but it doesnā€™t really stand out from any of her basic skins or epic skins either with legendary comparisons just making it look lazy since it is a legendary skin

24 losses are ez cmon man

Ah yes, pay extra money for a temporary collab license. Then just give away all the things that came with it for free.
Thatā€™s how businesses works.

Seriously starting to think I could make better skinsā€¦ are these all made by one guy?

My review of the skins
Doomfist: Looks okay. B
Soldier 76: The free one looks like bug hero reskin, at least its not the default. C
Kiriko: Lowest effort in this one looks exactly like default, shouldā€™ve been free. F
Genji: Looks like default reskin but with the most effort in redesignā€¦ shouldā€™ve got the hairā€¦ C+

Overall not very good, C-
really should hire more character modelers/artists, also really with 36 heroes you need more skins getting made for these events. One Punch Man has many unique characters so its sad to see so few and basic skinsā€¦ a true waste.

4 Likes

My feedback is please let us choose from one of the skins as a reward.

I donā€™t play soldier. Getting a skin for him means nothing to me.

The devs donā€™t seem to understand that getting a free skin for heroes we donā€™t play means nothing.

This also bleeds into the monetization as a whole. Thereā€™s like a lottery element to it. The battle pass itself is a good value. 8-10 skins is a good value, but it feels bad that you have to hope that your heroā€™s skin is included in the BP, otherwise you also have to spend money on the individual skins.

This is a hero shooter. Most people only play a handful of characters and so the system in place feels bad.

My second piece of feedback, is if youā€™re going to charge someone the price of a ā€œlegendaryā€ skin, there should be a clear definition of what to expect.

The terrible tornado skin for Kiriko by OW1 definition is an epic skin. Meaning it uses the base model and has some more significant changes than a ā€œrareā€ recolor, and also maintains the default weapon.

Terrible tornado is her default skin painted black. The only change to the model is the removal of her pants and a new hairstyle (which I think is the witch Kiriko hairstyle).

Her weapon is exactly her default. They couldnā€™t even be bothered to make her healing ofuda a different color, or to put a unique design on them.

We havenā€™t seen the kunai yet, but in the concept art it appears to be the default.

It is a very disappointing skin and should cost $10.

1 Like

I was really hoping for a deep sea king skin for Ramattra.

Iā€™m actually a little disappointed that thereā€™s no ā€œbad guyā€ skins

3 Likes

How about Deep Sea King for Hog?

1 Like

The thing about deep sea king for me is how he goes from his normal state to his big buffed transformed state.

Thatā€™s literally ramattra and his omnic / nemesis form to me.

3 Likes

I hope that after this, itā€™s the end of the Asian themed skins for at least a year. Iā€™m glad for people that enjoy those but Iā€™m not into that side of Japanese culture, sadly and it would have been nicer to have a collab with something not Japanese related during a Season that is already very Japanese-themed.

Hard pass for me again (just like the entire Season 3).

Eh I disagree. I loved One Punch Man and Kiriko looks great as the Terrible Tornado

1 Like

Well, it wouldnā€™t be that hard to throw a crown on his Poseidon skin.

Nah the hairstyle is not witch Kirikoā€™s at all. That being says, the skin is still 100% an epic being sold at legendary price for no reason.

I really hope one day they make a sort of ā€œtokenā€ that u can use to choose a skin to get for freeā€¦ even 1 would be enough for me :(.

Well, then thatā€™s part of the reason it is generally disliked. Not enough criticism

Donā€™t give two dog turds about that.
Fix the damn game or use the money you wasted on the shop rework and give us a real sequel to Overwatch.

4 Likes

Ah yes, pay 80+$ for a bundle of skins, that will bring positive attention to your failing game. They give you ONE(!!!) skin which is earnable by playing, thatā€™s laughable. Who said to give everything for free, thatā€™s your assuption. But, ONE skin? Please continue silling for the mega corporation, itā€™s people like you theyā€™re preying for money.

They really dropped the soap by not doing a poody poody prisoner mercy skin

2 Likes

I remember weekly missions where you could get one(1) skin. From 9 matches. And no one complained then.

Now, you add licensing into it. (and you still get the free skin)
Yeah, we have to pay for some of it. Wake up.

They arenā€™t shilling to me, I havenā€™t seen more than 3 episodes. And I donā€™t plan on buying any of the skins, yet the world will continue to turn.

Actually not all that crazy, in the slightest. Quite the opposite.

1 Like