One Hour per Day

Or 2/3/4 hours on separate days if that’s what your schedule allows, and that’s only if you absolutely feel the need to rush to get the newest hero in time for day 1 competitive otherwise take your time (there are days I can’t play at all and other days where I can play for hours), but that’s all it takes to unlock the newest hero entirely for free by the time competitive unlocks since there’s apparently a 2 week lock each season (assuming the 12-15 hour hero unlock leak is to be believed), and all that time is spent simply playing a game that you love playing (otherwise, why are you here? :thinking: )

For playing entirely for free is that bad? If you really think about it, it’s not. Most players play for a couple hours, not just one match every few weeks. For players that spend $0, by the time competitive unlocks they can already have the newest hero just by playing the game. Yea, sure, the F2P players won’t have the newest hero right away in quickplay… but by the time competitive is available they pretty easily can have the hero already and play as soon as the season unlocks

11 Likes

If details are to be believed the battle pass will be 3 months and, to unlock a hero, you need about 15 hours of game time. 15 hours divided by 90 days is about 10 minutes a day and people are crying about having literally play 1 game a day to unlock a hero for free. Boo freaking hoo, first world problems.

11 Likes

I thought the battle passes were every nine weeks (roughly two months). Did something official appear (or leak) showing the passes are three months? That would be much better for attempting a full competition.

I think the leak recently on 4 chan mentioned about 3 months, but those type of leaks should be taken with a grain of salt.

1 Like

You could look at it that way too. But the point I was making is that F2P players can pretty easily have the newest hero by the time competitive unlocks just by playing an hour a day, or a few hours on separate days if that’s what their schedule allows. That’s not bad at all for an entirely free experience. I will easily play 12-15 hours in 14 days… I don’t even need the battle pass to unlock the newest hero in time for competitive.

I’m still not a fan of restricting heroes behind a BP, but I guess it’s not that bad afterall.

18 Likes

Well, we have to see what the official details are :laughing:

Imagine a 30 hour unlock… sheeeeeeeeeesh. That would kinda suck

4 Likes

It’s awful if you’re resistant to change BUT I give no credence to the leak. I’ll just wait until we have official news from Blizzard this week.

19 Likes

I will grind it, no problem but the normies doesn’t dedicate all of their free time to playing OW.

4 Likes

Does anyone remember off seasons? People hated those small breaks.I can’t imagine what’s going on at Blizzard for them to think it’s ok to lock it for 2 weeks.
Hopefully it’s fake.

10 Likes

Ive gotta wait for more details. They could mess this up. Its still a stupid decision, but all of my friends don’t want me to quit so i can carry them in comp, so at this point im not sure.

Most streamers probably will literally just not play the game during the 2 weeks.

3 Likes

Good on you mate, that’s the way to go :ok_hand:

I feel like “normies” are also the stereotypical group to buy battlepasses because they want the fast pass lol

Carry me :pleading_face:

Im sorry you have to get an xbox for me to carry you.

Crossplay carry me :pleading_face:

Okay. Ill carry you in Escape. Don’t tell anyone we’re boosting though.

1 Like

It is pretty bad if I only have one hour a day to play and the quests are forcing me to play things I do not enjoy.

29 Likes

Enter paladins: deal 250’000 damage with terminus ult

4 Likes

Well they already said: They dont force you to play specific heroes. So more on the lines like “Win 3 games as a tank” or “Use your ult 5 times” or what ever. But not “Kill 4 people with Deadeye” or so.

3 Likes

I tried getting back into paladins and that stuff killed it for me lol.

The pass in that game also takes longer to complete than it takes for a new star to form too.

4 Likes

I know of no valid data to support this claim

If you have some, or know of some, please point us at it

Until this data is provided, this claim remains entirely unsupported and as such the conclusions drawn from this claim are unsupported as well

4 Likes