Omg! Do the devs not play widowmaker?!

It’s super frustrating because his arrow hitboxes are huge too
Plus his dragon ult
And new sonic arrow.

No love to widow in forever. All she got in the last year was a hook cd buff that was long overdue

That feel when Widowmaker is actually super meta and a solid option to play

3 Likes

The hope. That’s the hope.

I don’t get this at all. Hanzo has the potential to carry hard just as much if not more than Widow. He’s dangerous af but nobody cares if he’s op because he’s projectile and not hitscan. As if projectiles don’t come with benefits. Not to mention the rest of his kit which meshes with him way more. Widow has a venom mine every 15 seconds that does 75 damage. Hanzo has an ability that can do 480-960 damage on a 8 second CD. I’m sorry but wtf?

Except she isn’t. She’s still a mess. Literally nothing has changed about her except cosmetic bugfixes (and an Infrasight bugfix in FFA that has no bearing on Comp).

People are just flocking to her because she doesn’t get stunned by Brigitte.

So is that why she’s the second highest DPS option in OWL

And the second highest DPS in GM and Masters?

She’s even top 5 in Diamond, only losing to Hanzo (Of course), Genji, and McCree

As well as having a positive +50% winrate in all those ranks

1 Like

Poor Widow… Anti-fun hero makes the game into a 5v6 either for her team if she’s bad or the enemy team if she’s good and is in every QP game. I wish she WAS useless so I didn’t have to deal with her anymore.

2 Likes

With all due respect, I can’t take this seriously without any data to back this statement.

Wait… how is Brigitte a threat to Widowmaker - a sniper? Brigitte is a melee hero.

Hanzo’s arrows are affected by gravity and Brigitte’s healing comes from a burst of HP or from her attacking enemies. If you were talking about someone like Ana or Mercy, then this argument would make more sense.

Citation needed.

I think it’s now very clear that you’re putting your emotions in front of critical thinking.

I know what you mean with all the barriers sometimes she can feel useless but it’s more needing those barriers than buffing widow

Widowmaker 2nd strongest DPS at the moment.
Change my mind.

1 Like

Post invalidated by thinking Junkrat does not require aiming.

OWL is a bubble that does not translate to ladder play. You can’t disengage like you can in OWL, because teams literally tailor their plays around how other pro players operate, exactly like modern-day American football.

4% of the playerbase does not mean she’s a “solid option”.

Top 5 is an arbitrary metric considering only 4 DPS characters have ever been considered meta B-Tier or higher, in the history of Competitive, ever.

• Soldier, Tracer, Genji, McCree.

• Pharah has teetered on off-meta status repeatedly, Reaper was only meta briefly during S2-S3, Hanzo is only becoming meta this season. Doomfist, Sombra, Mei, Bastion, have never been meta.

Oh wow, Widow’s on top of the garbage pile… She’s always been on top of the garbage pile.

• Also, McCree is currently the second worst DPS, statistically. Widow is losing to him? That’s evident of a problem.

And not indicative of “meta viability” by itself, especially when you consider that her averages have almost never changed any significant amount.

Almost like lower ranks pull down her stats because they can’t get as much value out of her that higher level players can

But I mean being the 2nd best DPS option isn’t meta enough for you?

2 Likes

we Don’t play the same game lol

omg does Blizzard even play Brig?? She is in dire need of buffs. Her weak weapon only does 35 damage per hit. Her healing? omg so low. Blizz pls buff now
this is sarcasm

Agree. Although it’s not so much that Widow is bad in Gold that I’d advise against it, it’s that your own team will likely throw and make things intentionally more difficult for you. That can in turn make it feel a lot harder than it should.

If you’re lucky enough to get a team that supports you, playing Widow can be the easiest and strongest hero in the game.

She’s not meta.

Players flock to the team comps that face the least resistance… Widow is away from the objective so there’s no one for Brigitte to stun, but that doesn’t mean that she’s meta.

All heroes that were previously A and B-Tier DPS picks, finally have a hard counter. They’ve all been demoted down to C-Tier. Widow didn’t change.

She’s still in C-Tier. She’s exactly where she left off at S9. There’s absolutely nothing different about this season than previous season in regards to her performance, people are just shifting around their hero picks this season because no two people can agree on which team comp is currently meta.

People are continually overvaluing her performance and value because of a sudden fluctuation in usage, just as they’ve always done.

Winston and D.Va still hardcounter her. Barriers still counter her. She’s still as weak as she has ever been, but people don’t run her hardcounters anymore because of hivemindedness and a new meta learning period.

Once people figure out how to deal with Brigitte/crowd control, she’ll go right back into obscurity. Again. For the 3rd time.

Dive doesn’t work anymore thanks to Brigitte, hence making Hanzo and Widow absolutely strong. Both of them also burst through amor, which is why they’re currently dominating.

Did you try not being bad with her?

Maybe you need to understand what “strength” entails.

• if Widow could only lift 100 pounds, and she can’t lift anymore…
  • if Soldier/Tracer/Genji/McCree could always lift 150+ pounds…
    • and they suddenly suffer a sickness that makes them only able to lift 100 pounds

That doesn’t mean that Widow is strong. She is still as weak as she has ever been. She’s still plagued with the same issues as she’s had, since ever… Everyone else has just been made weaker.

Additionally;

• if Hanzo suddenly bulked up, where he previously could only lift 100 pounds but can now lift 150+ pounds in short bursts, and can lift 110 pounds by default without those short bursts…

That’s a reason to call him strong. He was stronger than yesterday’s Hanzo.

She’s strong because the meta makes her strong.
Just like Genji was strong because dive enabled him to do his stuff.
So yes, she is strong now. Overwatch isn’t all about single character stats. It’s about synergy and teamwork. And that’s exactly the kind of synergy where Widow shines.