Ok, lets get a set of questions together. WIKI up

One of the things the forums support is wiki style posting, where everyone can make edits Please don’t trash it, or just rage. if we can get it all into once place, maybe we can get them to use it as a basis for them to answer?

(For those that don’t know, place an asterisk then a space then type your question. That’s how bullet points are made)

Battlepass:

• How long will it take to get though the battle pass?
  • Where are the new heroes in the battle pass, beginning or end? It is all 3 new heroes?
  • How does the hero-unlock mechanic work? Please provide detail, including for previous seasons, where a hero may not have been unlocked yet.
  • Who made the decision to put heroes on the battlepass?
  • How does Battle Pass progress work? How do we “level up”? Is there a daily limit?
  • What types of items are awarded in the Free and Premium Battle Passes?
  • Will the battle pass be used to unlock maps? And if so, how will this work for groups?
  • Will there be Battlepass boosters to aid with leveling up?

General:

• Are we still looking at a Oct 4th release?
  • What types of virtual currencies are being added in Overwatch 2? What exactly are they used for?
  • What is the use of Overwatch 1 credits within Overwatch 2?
  • Can we get a concrete answer on what happens to our current portrait border and account level?
  • Are there gonna be any updates for the Workshop and or additions?
  • What steps are being taken to reduce queue times?
  • Will the Archives event be returning (and continuing) in OW2?

Balance:

• Are there any major changes to heroes since the last beta and if so, what are they?
  • How is competitive integrity to be maintained if different teams have access to different heroes.
  • Does the hero being locked effect all game modes, and if not, which ones?
  • How are unlockable heroes used in Competitive modes?

Misc:

• Can we please get an update on the PvE? It’s been ages
  • Why was there such a long delay between the leaks and comms from Blizzard?
  • Can we get a comms schedule? When is the Streamer NDAs over?
  • Is there a chance we can get a Q&A session on the forums?

Critical:

• Tracer feet when?

Yo, a bunch of us got around the forums, AND ran the forum wiki system to get together the questions people have about the battlepass etc.

Since your job is likely find out what people want to know - well it is here.

It would likely get people to “Chill somewhat” if at least some of these get answered. :slight_smile:

Anyway - hope it helped! — RobotWizard.

22 Likes

Now we’re asking the hard questions.

7 Likes

I didn’t even put that in, the joys of wiki editing. I don’t even know who added that question :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hmm you sure about that lol…

3 Likes

This is actually working well, there is a lot of good questions showing up here.

Oh, I can find edits, and revert and the like. This is a good system.

I may have to break it up into sections if we get a lot more questions, but this is working REALLY well.

Oh, someone has done it for me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You’re welcome, I really enjoy editing a good document :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And when you can’t get hold of one of those, you edit this one :wink:

This is a fine list so far!

1 Like

I wish there was a way to show popularity of each of the questions. Because I don’t think that many people care about who made the decision on putting new heroes in the battlepass. It’s not really relevant to consumers IMO. Not to mention you can easily make a good guess about it anyways (hint: it wasn’t the devs).

4 Likes

Well, Blizzard can make a choice on this themselves. It is just about getting questions together first.

A good question to ask is when will we receive any updates on the Single Player aspect of the game. Im aware it is slated for 2023 but it would be nice to hear something. Perhaps even a clue as to maybe getting skins or exclusive player icons for completing the story

2 Likes

Hey my question got a VIP section!!!

1 Like

Chad energy. Well done gamer

1 Like

You Tracer foot loving person you.

1 Like

You’re darn right it did. Asking the important question there.

1 Like

What I want to know more than anything is will heroes be locked in competitive modes, or more directly how will they handle the battle pass locked content when it comes to competitive

1 Like

Yeah, we have questions for that, and honestly I think that is one of the most asked questions.

We need to keep bumping this post so the list grows and brings in more attention.

2 Likes

Is there a wait time from launch to competitive or is it immediate access?
How does accessing heroes after the season end work?

I doubt they will answer who’s idea it is aside “the team” to avoid targeting and harassment.

We will have to start limiting repeating questions, or start merging stuff into more general things. I shouldn’t really get over a page.