Oi, why they made Orisa op?

Just asking.

1 Like

Stop making hard questions, not even they know that. They just hit some numbers with the head and don’t even test it later.

How could someone think that strong Orisa would be good for the game?

2 Likes

Cause you shouldn’t be killing Robo Horsies! Though if you’re just targeting her and not the healers keeping her up while she juggles her cooldowns… well that’s on your team then.

1 Like

That’s the hard part about dealing with Orisa, you do have to focus her otherwise she’s not gonna be forced to use her cooldowns and she’s gonna walk down whoever she wants and kill them. But once the cooldowns are out you gotta decide on if continuing to pressure Orisa is worth it or divert attention to her supports.

What did they do to Orisa? Nothing in the last few patches changed her much. The new 50% DR is weaker than the old 40% DR with the armor bonus that stacked before S6.

What else changed?

1 Like

you literally do not have to force her cooldowns because she’ll just instantly have them back, plus she’s immortal even without cooldowns if heals are up. stop shooting her go shoot heals.

2 Likes

My reaction to this post:

Even the Orisas are singing it as they clap ya.

You do not focusfire the Orisa… chip at her armor a bit because once armor is down she dies like every other tank, but the focus needs to be on her teammates…

They buffed her to help deal with Hog as he is a little too strong.

4 Likes

Alrighty, have fun dying because Orisa never dies and keeps killing your own supports while the rest of her stomps yours because you have no healing and they have a tankier tank

Ignoring the tank is literally always the worst option

I have gotten a lot of value from ignoring their tank when the situation called for it. You are dueling them, you see someone step out of position to help them… It makes sense to ignore the tank and go after the fresh meat.

That is a bit of a niche example, but I try to keep all strategies on the table. Even less conventional ones. Other times you are actually forced to. Such as if they have a hitscan on high ground that nobody is contesting. I do not have time to deal with their tank in that scenario. It is not as if I want to ignore them, per se, but you do what you gotta do.

1 Like

You don’t play tank do you?

Proper rotation for an Orisa leaves literally 2.5 seconds in between the next cycle of abilities.

She can take damage, prevent damage, and then dish it out. And your remedy is to…hit her harder? When she is designed to take the most amount of hits in the game by a huge margin when even compared to shield tanks?

Yeah…it feels like value when you hit Orisa, but you have two tank players warning you that it is a waste of time.

You’re eating into objective time by wasting effort in an Orisa is most likely always going to have a strong healer on her when there is an objective to capture.

She goes down easier if you kill her teammates first.

1 Like

you are throwing every single game you are in. for most tanks, focusing tank first is literally always throwing.

you can burst down a winston, a dva, or a junkerqueen who go a little too far. pretty much every single other tank needs to be completely ignored as you go kill the squishies instead first.

1 Like

This is why you have your tank on her so you can clap their supports which will make it easier to clap her. If she’s getting healed, she ain’t dying unless you have some insane burst damage going on her.

The big issue is that you can always overwhelm just about any option in the game, but getting people to agree on a pick is rare.

Any Orisa facing down Bastion/Junkrat/Echo/S76/Reaper/Zen/Ramattra, and Baptiste is going to hurt an awful lot. Facing into these type of comps force me into Sigma or Rama many times with that much dmg output since few tanks have the raw sustain.

Orisa has some great sustain, but you can’t beat 8sec of 75% dmg reduction and 4sec of 1000 hp shield.

There is always some support player playing like Mercy or Ana.
There is always some DPS playing like widow, genji, sombra, tracer, etc.

I imagine it’s the fall-off buff. They increased it to 20m. The last time Orisa’s fall-off was buffed - the infamous “we can’t nerf Hog so we’ll just fire off random buffs and hope for the best” patch - she saw a spike in usage but everyone focused on her ult now being able to go through barriers, because for some reason everyone underestimates the importance of fall-off on Orisa’s gun.

But back then it was 30 or 35m if I remember correctly, because people compared her to Baps range that is also 35m. Therefore 20m is still midrange and just barely longer than a beam (15m in most cases).

It was 25m before falloff in season 2.

With shorter cooldowns and more over health I think.

You guys act like Orisa is just gonna let you get her teammates. It’s no wonder you think she’s overwhelmingly overpowered if you just ignore her and try to walk past, that’s how people die and your team falls apart.

If it’s just that easy, then why are people having such problems dealing with Orisa? Teams tend to ignore, flank, and chase the backline by default anyways, so if ignoring Orisa is the right way to fight her then she should be doing a lot worse than she is.