Oh no OW2 is Delayed (Dramatic Surprise)

Since Ashe took like 6 months…

Pretty sure Covid gave them plenty time to do one support hero.

1 Like

We don’t even have a release date for OW2 so how is it delayed lmao

13 Likes

the actual definition of a karen hair cut :skull:

2 Likes

You don’t understand how Blizz release things to understand.

For Example: Soon* means Two Years Exactly.

And It was Used Two Years Ago

I’ve checked, nice meme =)

1 Like

Which is kind of exactly what they did… The year before the announcement they stopped all development of new events with the excuse of “Focusing on balance changes”, but got little of that done. When in reality they had been working on OW2.

In general though stopping work on a “live service” game to work on the next one really defeats the purpose. Why should we buy MTX and help fund a live service game, if they won’t even support it past the first year? Updates and content all but died after year 1, Year 2 had some spares things and year 3+ has been nothing.

5 Likes

Man, as somebody who already owns OW on all the platforms I care to, I really don’t see what he’s saying about them announcing OW1 going F2P to soften the blow of the huge content drought. To me that would be saying “Not only are you not getting any additional content for a while, but you’re about to get boatloads more smurphs and cheaters. And if you’d just waited, you never would have had to pay for this game at all.”

I really hope that, if OW2 is delayed, they push forward with some new heroes and maps at least for the current game. We know those have to be compatible with the OW1 style, because OW1 players still have to be able to play with OW2 players.

7 Likes

Actually it’s starting to look like they didn’t do any OW2 development during a period of time in 2020.

Because Covid.

1 Like

I’m sure the delay is so the game will come out completely bug free, runs well on old Gen consoles despite being marketed for it, and not misleading consumers by making a fake 48 minute gameplay trailer and not allowing console footage.

Unlike a certain game…

5 Likes

Honestly just fully finished Cyberpunk yesterday…

And greatly disappointed.

I don’t think it can be saved either with updates.

That window has already passed.

2 Likes

we all kinda knew, especially because they have been doing poorly and OWL did extremely poorly… not to mention the pandemic on top of it all kinda makes sense to delay it anyways.

1 Like

Ok sorry I didn’t know about some unwritten rule you made up

Edit: also it’s a video by YourOverwatch, who are just as bad as Stylosa. They make up nonsense to generate views and clicks, how do the forums not realise this after like 5 years

5 Likes

If there was ever a point that other developers wanted to try to steal OW players away from OW, it would be now.

This is actually a well known rule.

Maybe tune the toxicity down.

(Finding a better source… not my day)

How’s it toxic to point out that you made something up to prove your point?

Seeing a history of negativity in your comments

2 Likes

It’s genuinely heartbreaking to look at. The game had so much potential but they screwed it up so bad and tried to hide it. They had 8 years to work on the game but spend 4 of it doing nothing.

Honestly can’t see that happening. Apex and Paladins devs balancing are beyond bad, tf2 is rampart with cheaters and bots, siege is well… Siege

3 Likes

Also please don’t look at judge a book by it’s history.

I’m not but I don’t see why you would take YouTube channels like YourOverwatch on face value. Channels like that lie for profit, they’re not worth watching.

1 Like

It depends on the individual. Some people just want additional content and will change games when one becomes devoid of content after awhile. There are certain types of people who are completely diehard fans that will go on this ride until the game dies and one tricks that new characters don’t even appeal to them anyway because… they are one tricks.

For other people they will get bored and start trying new games, get attached and just won’t come back to overwatch because they now have invested interest in that new property. You see it a lot in F2P games, specifically ones from Korea/China when the developers/distributors slow content to a crawl.

1 Like

Anyway…

The Cyberpunk kind of game releases have been going on for years…

It’s not surprising at this point

To name a few

Fallout 4 + 76
No Man’s Sky
Final Fanasty 15
Duke Nukem Forever
Anthem
Destiny 1-2
Star Wars Battlefront

2 Likes