Oh no OW2 is Delayed (Dramatic Surprise)

It’s not like we all knew it for months.

12 Likes

They better release the beta before Overwatch 3 comes out

59 Likes

So long they take their time and finish it, it’ll be fine.

Reforged and Cyberpunk is a good example already.

18 Likes

Half Life 3 will be out before Overwatch 2.

39 Likes

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/cyberpunk-2077-refunds/

SIE strives to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, therefore we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store. SIE will also be removing Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store until further notice.

Once we have confirmed that you purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store, we will begin processing your refund. Please note that completion of the refund may vary based on your payment method and financial institution.

3 Likes

WWIV will be over before it comes out

Half Life 3 already came out… it’s called Steam

6 Likes

There are limits however, and the more a game is delayed the more obvious it is they shouldn’t of announced it as early as they do. I mean apparently Cyberpunk announced itself 3 years before they even began real work on the project…

OW 2 is in a tough spot in that it’s not that big of an upgrade from the footage we have seen in terms of graphics. All progress on OW 1 has been halted during it’s production and so on.

If they wait too long for OW 2, which looks mostly like an expansion/DLC and not a full sequel there will be issues and a hug sense of disappointment. Now I don’t want a buggy mess of a game, but I also realize delaying it too long waste time and money spent on early marketing.

It also makes the game age as the engine and graphics get out dated.

14 Likes

thanks god, cant take this new mercy’s haircut anyway :grin:
Transfer forelock to new ow! what is this! :pepehands

3 Likes

Where is a surprised Pikachu face when you need one …

2 Likes

OW2 at the very least has the benefit of having no solid announcement date just yet, and it’s still a lot better that they get it done properly.

Besides, engine aside, the OW engine itself is pretty good and robust so far. Sure, it has the risk of being obsolete but seeing what the engine is capable so far, I think it can last a lot longer than people think. Graphics and looks also isn’t everything, the important thing is that it plays and runs well which I believe that Blizz is capable of pulling it off since they’re much more experience in making good PVE contents.

1 Like

I thought I was the only one. That new do is garbage.

3 Likes

They had to announce to to explain why the development focus was being shifted. The alternative is having no new heroes and fewer maps for over a year with no explanation for why.

1 Like

Overwatch 2 is delayed guys no!
They totally announced the release date as well

7 Likes

Yeah, mercy with forelock looks more funny and interesting overall.

but are they gonna add more heroes or are we going another year with zero stuff?

1 Like

How can something be delayed if the releasedate was not known?

8 Likes

(Best I could find)

3 Likes

They should at least drop some heroes

11 Likes

Good enough :+1:

1 Like