Oh no no no this is gonna be good

Hehehehehe I’ve been waiting for this. Time to get the “I place 5 games, lose them all because I’m washed and still place 4400 and don’t play till next season” andys out of here. Also It’ll be hilarious watching all these streamers/OWL players get into Masters games which is the rank where elo hell genuinely exists.

6 Likes

So being in GM now translates into effort

14 Likes

Exactly. I can’t wait to see which streamers get hardstuck in Masters :joy:

13 Likes

so now every gm starts as a masters? interesting

6 Likes

Its not going to be hilarious when those people with 3900 SR end up plaing with plat players, to fill up gaps in the less popular roles…

Did someone play the reverse card in smurf uno?

Nice lol
All the boosted brigs in GM will be gone

3 Likes

Did you miss the part where you still get matched against similar skill opponents?

1 Like

If it work as before? Then no, i dont think thats true, as masters alredy were plaing with plats before.
Just like golds were plaing with diamonds.
This is one of problems i had always with ranked in this game. Even before role q.

that’s not how it will work

your SR will start at capped 3900 but your MMR will remain approximately what it was before

i.e. people with an SR of 4500 will still be in a game with people around their skill level

the objective is to make sure people have to grind (standard Blizzard)

4 Likes

So this will only affect gm players, right? Will players in the lower ranks place around the same sr as they were last season?

As a mid/high masters player, will this affect me? I am currently 3700 sr and I peaked at 3900 sr last season. Since gm’s will place at a maximum of 3900 sr does that mean that masters players like me will place a bit lower or am I just confused?

Matchmaking isn’t based on your SR…so that’s not what going to happen

1 Like

Correct

I don’t think so. It only applies if you finished 3900 or higher the previous season.

Why are they making quality of life changes for the top dozen active players but ignore the more populated elos?

2 Likes

That’s what I want to know, too
In Gold/Plat I literally can get a team that plays with all of the coordination and skill of an OWL team one game - then get a team that plays like they’re all sharing the same keyboard and mouse the next.
Why is this not fixed?
How can there be such a disparity of skill amongst players who are supposedly the same “skill rating”?

and earn it RIGHT back cause she OP and aint hard

except it doesnt,

because your MMR will still keep you playing with the same skill-level of people.

so it kind of doesnt really matter and its purely fake progression

1 Like

The game finds matches based on MMR, not SR. They will still be matched with the same people, they’ll just have to climb back up.

1 Like

you literally answered your own question, cause its the avg and most populated.
Some people get sr from aim but lack game sens, and others are the opposite
Since its a relative easy rank to achieve many people get in and smurf or throw on an alt acc

How do you suggest they “fix” coordination issues