Oh hey!....a patch!

Developers Comments: We realized stupid people’s feelings are being hurt, by people calling them stupid. This is a “Safe Space”, regardless of how awful a player is, as such, we encourage everyone without a backbone to mute all the hurty words.

Remember to keep team communication to minimum, that way your chances of losing are higher.

2 Likes

Or people spamming in Hangul text.

Probably a more streamlined edition for ease of access.

I know that folks have been begging for an option to turn off chat, and this is quite a direct way to use it, even if the settings have already been in the game.

1 Like

I think they will rotate the skins every 14 days.
Since they don’t have any major events until Halloween.
This is just another typical Blizzard FOMO strategy to keep players somehow “attached” to the game until the next event.

2 Likes

Probably coming with All-Stars?

Being able to turn off Match Chat and General Chat for good is a worthwhile update, although they should both be off by default. It was boring having to do it every session. Personally I don’t turn off Team Chat but there are definitely arguments in favour.

1 Like

Mhmm, I expect another set of OWL skins at the end of the playoff tournament next month. Saves them having to make a unique one specifically for the tournament, guarantees at least some income. Ez money.

It was above the 2nd house with the first bridge the cart passes under I believe. That little ledge that sticks out. It was a spot they banned in OWL.

Hey, thanks a lot. Honestly. I probably wouldn’t have even realized this was a thing if you hadn’t pointed it out. At least not for way too long I imagine, lol.

Yeah, nothing valuable is lost by turning off general chat. Definitely can get behind that.

I don’t know about the other 3, but I’m sure a few folks might have a use for it.

They brought back a few for purchase, yes.

Now what we need is option to pick servers back in overwatch.

1 Like

The only problem I have with this is if people keep it permanently off that means less people reporting toxic players lol.

(also I’m 90% sure the team chat one doesn’t work as I kept seeing people typing in team chat last night even though I turned it off unless it reactivates it when I type in the team chat)

Spoiled PC players. We were never able to pick our servers on console. Just have to play where Blizzard tells us to. :unamused:

1 Like

Please, I really want it.

Stacking with ppl to get on US servers really messes with the matchmaker lol

1 Like

I’m happy. I enjoy the game more with no chat. It did get annoying to toggle it off every time you log in. Great change!

1 Like

That was the whole patch actually.

much like most things on forums…i think the people that have a burning desire to mute everything are probably in the minority…

Thank god I don’t need to read anymore posts about people wanting to turn this off for everyone.

But lets be honest, people will still post demanding it be stripped entirely.

1 Like

Why did they label the winston and zen skins to legacy then?

And now everyone should get option to pick servers! And yes, i can be spoiled, since i usually do have option to pic servers in any online game i played XD