(Official) Mccree's new name is Cole Cassidy

I know this is a big change, but can we all try to be civil and not attack each other or the devs for this decision?

Meet Cole Cassidy. Rides into Overwatch October 26

Thoughts?

Tbh this doesnt stick as much as MCcree

40 Likes

Hm.

…

Between this and his deadeye buff I like him less than ever. Impressive.

23 Likes

They didn’t keep the ICONIC “Mc” at the start?!

And it’s not JOEL?!

I wanted a name change but this blehhhh

31 Likes

Does that make Ashe the Sundance Kid? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

That’s a terrible name

60 Likes

hmmm…

McCole?

7 Likes

Yeah, that name sucks.

I saw in another thread a few days ago that his name was going to be Joel McCloud. Would’ve been way better

31 Likes

(Ignore this reply it was a mistake)

What would be better?

1 Like

I kinda like it actually.

10 Likes

I was honestly hoping that they’d do some sort of “Jesse McCree was never his real name, he used it as a psuedonym” or something like that so that they at least keep consistent. Like Flynn Rider in Tangled, where it was a name they used for convenience / other reasons.

I can see McCree hiding behind a fake name in the lore. That would’ve made a lot of sense. And it could’ve been cool character development when he finally owned up to his real name and started going by that.

This post makes it seem like they’re just pretending it was ALWAYS this new name, which is lame. Writing the name change into the lore would’ve been a lot better, I think.

29 Likes

I don’t know. Cassidy is a good cowboy reference, but it just doesn’t have the same good sound vibes to it. His old name just flowed.

4 Likes

I like it a lot, it still has the cowboy feel to it.

12 Likes

Stephen a Smith

Yeah no I’m not calling him that

26 Likes

I would have preferred something like Trevor Morricone. Something masculine that matches his masculine features such as his square jaw.

That’s worse. :expressionless:

1 Like

The main problem for me is going to be differentiating between Overwatch Cassidy and FNaf Cassidy

1 Like

That is par the course for blizzard. Just look at all the retcons in recent WoW expansions.

1 Like

A lot better then I thought it was going to be.

4 Likes