(OFFICAL) MCCREE's NAME IS CHANGING!

I would say that the vast majority don’t or even pay attention to Blizzard behind the scenes.

Blizzard in a nutshell:

1 Like

ok, but do you realize that you are going to kill 5 years of a real hero? 5 years of in name, why change all this ?! changing it will forever highlight this scandal and it is not fair.

I hope you seriously consider the name Joel or a Jessie McCrea as a pronunciation aid, man.

9 Likes

I hate you for this. Truly despicable and nothing more than a PR stunt.

DON’T CHANGE HIS NAME.

13 Likes

Hey no need for that

Why are you hating on him?

He was not the one who said it needs to be changed

2 Likes

Technically, it wasn’t made for him, as that would imply it was a gift. A better phrase would be, “It was inspired by his name,” as they took the coolest sounding name and ran with it.

5 Likes

So, new names?

Messy J’Cree?
Cowboy McCowboy?
Wild Bill Cosby?

2 Likes

I hope you won’t get too discouraged by people misdirecting their frustrations at you. Many of us are happy to have you here!

4 Likes

bro tell them to just change his first name lol. literally will solve everything

2 Likes

I know this is a big change, but can we all try to be civil and not attack each other or the devs for this decision?

5 Likes

Obviously meant Blizzard here.

Oh, well for me it was always a pretty personal stance I took on this because we’re essentially dealing with feelings and I’ve gotten into arguments over it on the forum over the technicalities of if he was “named after” that dev or not. That’s a point that could foster an argument, but feelings are another matter entirely.

I’ve always stuck to the position that I want the name changed but I was okay with and understood that other people wanted it to stay as it is. I never said that my opinion or my feelings are right and should somehow trump other peoples opinions or feelings. That would be wrong.

At the end of the day, it was the teams (yours) decision to make. Still, I want to express my thanks that you’re changing it. :+1:

5 Likes

sorry but i cant help but laugh that theres actual uproar over this…

its just his name…and it now happens to be tied to a bad incident (even if YOU dont care - i personally dont care)…we’ll live…it changes nothing about the game…

they want to change it because of a stigma some people now have…w/e…who honestly cares…

4 Likes

I wish you luck then. Hopefully Bobby doesn’t want another yacht.

MY MCJOKES!!
“NOOOOOOOOOOOO…” - Darth Vader

Everything they do that’s positive moving forward is going to be a PR stunt. That’s just the nature of what’s happened and what is going to be happening.

At least this one doesn’t immortalize a sexual predator.

1 Like

is he keeping the name Jesse and just changing his last name?

1 Like

Screw McCree, I gotta get people on board to make McRightClick his new official name.

5 Likes

Don’t care either way about the change, but the argument isn’t about McCree’s name, it’s about celebrating the person McCree is named after. It’s like having his picture on the wall as Employee of the Month on steroids.

Whether you think it’s virtue signalling or not, you probably take the employee’s picture off the wall after this.

3 Likes

any chance you can add some real content to the game and show some appreciation for the people who stick around and actually play your game???

4 Likes