(OFFICAL) MCCREE's NAME IS CHANGING!

I mean an alias like Ana is Shrike/Bastet, Olivia is Sombra, maybe his name will be an alias as well.

There’s a lot of possibilities as well.

Could be that we even just start collectively ignoring whatever new name and just call him “cowboy” in callouts, kinda like Winston being called out as Monkey instead :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Blizz was screwed eitherways, don’t change it and people will forever say these behaviour will be immortalized in-game, change it and here we are.

I certainly don’t like it personally, but that’s how it is. Shouldn’t have been a terrible person in the first place.

4 Likes

Thats offensive, it has boy in it. please delete that.

1 Like

New name: Jessie McRee

6 Likes

We’re not quite ready to reveal the details of how the change will be reflected in game.

What I can say is that changing the name of a much beloved hero is going to be a significant undertaking, and one that we’re approaching with consideration.

37 Likes

Fine, how about cowperson.

Wait, we have a community manager? Since when?

2 Likes

Almost as if everything should have been fictional from the start… and I don’t mean just the names.

5 Likes

maybe spend more time co-operating with the investigation and not shredding documents than doing pathetic virtue signalling token gestures like this?

16 Likes

If you dont mind me asking

What will happen to the voice lines, will they be re-recorded?

Also what about the cinematics?

6 Likes

As a long time femtauren player in WoW, this offends me. Drop the cow D:< /s

Really? You gave in to the snowflakes? It’s a name. It’s fine. ffs, this planet

A name does not indicate what you believe, it’s just a label.

24 Likes

Olny change jessie to jessy for example

Oh geez.

Don’t tell me we have to go and preserve all their media before blizzard goes and deletes them.

5 Likes

Tired of all the virtue signaling. I could care less about the name itself.

9 Likes

Let’s call him D1ngleberry or Mcdingus.

So, people have called mccree as mccree for 5 years, I’m quite sure that they will call him as mccree 5 years in the future as well.

12 Likes

It better be a good one. I won’t mind if it is different as long as it is better.

1 Like

This is the most tone deaf response to a company backlash I have EVER read.
Yes, even more tone deaf than “do you not have phones?”

“Look, we are changing the name of McCree! We are the good guys now!”

Nobody asked for this, LITERALLY nobody and it changes absolutely nothing.

Words can not express how unbelievably stupid this whole idea is. And if you go through with this, everyone who was involved in that decision should be ashamed.

38 Likes

Good! Very proud of everyone making that tough call, and putting in the work to make it happen.

Forum Moderator Note: Do not attack other posters.

3 Likes