Notice how Samito is not complaining about another immo

All these content creators have spent YEARS complaining about all of the healers and their abilities that grant invincibility but when Venture comes out I see no complaints.

“The most fun I had in years”

But I thought that we hated immos? I thought immos ruin the game?
This just goes to show that these streamers just say anything for content and don’t really care. Even if they remove Lamp, Suzu, Grip then all of these streamers that farm content will still complain

(Important note- I don’t hate Venture OR their burrow, I think it is awesome. Just calling out the inconsistencies.

Also, before people say “Venture is different because it has wind-up”. All the other immos have their flaws)

16 Likes

A blizzard content creator shilling new blizzard things? Impossible.

5 Likes

No you don’t understand: immos only ‘ruin the game’ when it’s someone else using it against them and denying them kills.

When they do it, it’s ‘skillfull and fun.’

24 Likes

Expecting consistency from Samito was your first mistake.

41 Likes

There’s something just anti monke brain of “SHOOT BIG BOMB = EXPLODE = 0 dmg = RAGE! RAGE! UNFAIR! CHEAT!

There’s something about the monke brain that doesn’t trigger when the person goes underground and the monke brain is like “can’t see! underground, wait to pop, then EXPLODE! EXPLODE! BOOM BOOOM GONE!

It sounds dumb until you realize the monke brain has a veto button it can force over logical thought whenever it want. ook ook.

Bigger bananas, territory, bigger cars, look alike characters, my idea first, competition, etc.

His problem with immortalities IMO is when it can be applied to other heroes/multiple heroes.

Venture’s is literally only their own.

Like I don’t care for Samito but I feel like this is comparing apples and oranges. That wasn’t his complaint iirc.

31 Likes

Why anyone still credits this loser or cares about anything he says is beyond me. There’s literally 100s of better content creators that stay true to the game, give honest opinions, and truly enjoy what they do. Of all community sizes, hero mains, and levels of skill.

5 Likes

His chat is full of homophobia and his mods don’t care about cleaning that up. He runs a business, and it’s there to make himself $$$.

4 Likes

Has he even done anything with mineplex? Its been nearly a year now since those preorder items.

It’s almost as if… venture immort has counterplay.

Venture while in their immort CAN’T DO ANYTHING. They are underground. Completely out of the match until they return up in the air, AND it can be cancelled.

Suzu, is instant value that is unstoppable outside of a defense matrix. And has no real counterplay.

Bap’s immort, is instant value that is unstoppable. And has no real counterplay.

Lifeweaver’s immort, is instant value that is unstoppable. And has no real counterplay.

Do you see the repeating nature of the immort’s people complain about??? It’s incomparable. There isn’t any inconsistencies, you’re just trying to somehow compare apples to french fries.

And all the people agreeing with you in the replies, really makes me worried for human nature, when people have SUCH little critical thinking abilities.

8 Likes

Why do support mains play dumb like this all the time? Like the OP’s point is flawed, they know why their point is flawed, all the support mains replying know why the point is flawed, but they all pretend to each other that they don’t.

Put it simply, when you’re fighting venture, mei, reaper, moira, etc. you’re actively tracking the cooldowns and EXPECTING them to become immortal at a certain time. You are not able to do the same for abilities that can be thrown to them across the map or teleported in by heroes not even in your LoS.

Venture and the other listed heroes also have clear downsides to their immortality, mainly that you can’t deal damage during them. This is why lifegrip is much less hated on than the others, because you actually have to pull the hero away from the fight

9 Likes

Character has barely been played, give the man time to build up his rage.

They’re all bad but supports like kiri also have the easiest projectile in the game to land and the role has been babied since the start of OW2 so it’s hard to feel bad for support players

Heroes like kiri can do damage, they can heal, she has a kunai that does more damage than a dragonblade swing when it crits that is also the easiest projectile to land in the game, and also has the best passive to the point that they had to give it to everyone. So again, now support players get to feel what it’s like to play against no skill immos that feel like garbage for everyone else playing the game, and again, hard to feel bad for them

But that actually requires the healer to be present and have the cooldown available

What if the healer is dead?
What if the healer is somewhere else?
What if the healer is getting dove and is too busy to use immo on ally?

Lamp needs to be thrown and people need to stay in it
Suzu has a slow travel speed unless you teleport in(Which can put you in danger)
Grip can actually pull you into a worse spot than before

I don’t understand why people act like support abilities are this magical thing that can save people 100% of the time. Every single one of them has its flaws. It is like another poster said, people only hate immortalities when it denies them the kill but when THEY are the ones doing it then it is skill.

2 Likes

You’ve pretty much answered that question.

They were complaining about healers granting immortality. Not individual heroes who have immortality or invincibility; a staple of Overwatch since OW1’s beta.

2 Likes

I’m not making the argument. I’m just saying I think that’s what his gripe is lol.

I don’t support it or care about his argument, either.

3 Likes

People also do complain about moira’s fade and kiriko’s TP. So I don’t think it’s just about support denying playmaking of the enemy with their abilities. Because supports provide sustain to the team, even them having a get out of jail free card seems to upset many DPS players.

But what is the difference between the two?

Venture messes up and presses 1 button to save themselves and run away
Venture messes up and the Lifeweaver presses 1 button to save them

In both of these scenarios, the Venture doesn’t die even though they should have. The end result is exactly the same.

We actually listen to and care about what smoothbrain streamers think?

1 Like