šŸ›° Not Muda Special: Is Sym the Best Shield Breaker?

Look I have talking about this so long, I know who I should be disappointed in.

Not Blizz.

Not Jeff

But Geoff

Honestly taking a breather

Iā€™d blame people that are above Geoff and/or on his level because heā€™s clearly not the only one taking decisions here. I wouldnā€™t wanna be in his place right now.

Just saying if I had enough time to go over everything about this 3.0 rework, I would not approve it.

I would approve it with certain changes in value.
Faster ramp up on the gun, faster deployment on the TP and faster interact.

Iā€™d also give Sym 250 HP being 100 HP and 150 shields.

Done, Iā€™d see that as a great rework. There isnā€™t much more to do about Sym, sheā€™s still fun to me and I wouldnā€™t give her drastictly new abilities.

Honestly I would prefer if they could bring those strong parts of her old kit back. While just rework Teleporter and Shadestep completely. But looks like we donā€™t have the time

These strong parts you speak of are probably shield gen (countering snipers) old teleporter (albeit not helping mid-fight) or her auto-lockā€¦ but appart from the shield gen, these caused more problems than anything else.

It was a 120 DPS auto-lock so of course itā€™s gonna cause frustration and get changed. I understand itā€™s unfair for those who were accustomed to this or for players who have difficulties aiming (be it medical or general) but itā€™s more fair.

Other weapons with such strenghts have huge drawbacks. Moira has a generous hitbox but deals 50 HPS only. Winston doesnā€™t need to aim just like old Sym but he deals 60 HPS (except when people group up, which is stupid) etc.

I donā€™t know Shadestep. Reaperā€™s Shadowstep (I believe is the one youā€™re talking about) is another problem entirely yes. It should be sped up or reworked.

Actually talking about the Summonable Barrier

Teleporter and Shadestep share the same problem

The placement is too predictable

1 Like

Sym is finally in a place where sheā€™s playable, and actually pretty strong.

She has some aspects that make her clunky; that is, her teleporter could be played around with a bit more, in order to make it feel more dynamic/fluid, but in terms of numbers, etc, Iā€™d argue sheā€™s balanced and really fun to both play and have in your teamā€¦if thereā€™s communication. (Yes, that little caveat, same as sombra)

Sym is almost completely useless in her current state.

Just bring back her shield-piercing alt-fire. It literally is all she needs.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never seen Symā€™s ult being called Shadestepā€¦

Because I didnā€™tā€¦

Lol, canā€™t imagine how you did with her previous versions.

really well actually. Never climbed so much in my life. The current Sym is fineā€¦as long the entire team ignores her, she just needs a few minor buffs (TO HER DAMN SURVIVABILITY) and she will be just right.

3 Likes

I think her survivability would be fine if the fluidity of her tp is addressed

1 Like

and by giving her 250hp, or some passive that gives her shields while she uses her primary. With a short ranged but very powerful 180dps that needs to be charged up first, its obvious she has to be right in peoples faces to do anything. But unlike Reaper, Blizzard forgot to give her the survivability that she needs to get in your face.

1 Like

this is true, tbh. good catch actually.

1 Like

I made a huge forum post for Sym, her biggest issues, and how to fix it.

Check it out and join the drama if you wish.

1 Like

Sym is a good pick if the rest of the team is capable enough to allow you to do sym stuff. Otherwise not so much. People seem to overestimate just how easy she is to solo kill.

Its like I keep saying the word ā€œTaxiā€ for some reasonā€¦

1 Like