No, you do NOT need shields

Geoff Goodman to his staff:

https://i.postimg.cc/44wC2YG4/w-uak-Hx-Q-a-ZI2izu-O4-VDw.png

11 Likes

I remember when OW wasn’t a traditional FPS.

6 Likes

Had another one of those games just now. A good example. The usual “mimimi no shields” the whole game. In the end the PotG would show people just W into Junkrats nade spam, even though one can clearly see them, if a monitor is being utilized.

That’s exactly the point. It’s not a deathmatch. It’s not about kills or damage. It’s about an objective, tactics, strategy. You have to use some grey matter to accomplish your goals. That’s even more true when you don’t have your classic shield babysitter - you still have plenty tools, but you forgot how to use them.

I really do wonder what this shield cult is doing in OW2. Are they going to throw half their games because there is a fifty fifty chance of not getting that oh so crucial shield?

I don’t know if you misunderstood, but i meant that i want 2 tanks and shields in the game. I miss when the TTK wasn’t so low and when tanks weren’t so fragile. I miss when we had a more diverse abilities and more unique heroes kits.

I’m against the direction OW is going

10 Likes

You dont need shields if the other team cant hit anything. You want the shields if your team is being deleted by hitscan players otherwise

6 Likes

I can tell you what most will do:

• stop playing Overwatch
  • playing only PvE Overwatch
  • or playing character that don’t need shield like Tracer, Genji, Widow…
8 Likes

Some on this forum don’t understand how much casual the actual gameplay is and how much ruin the skills of the players, specially for how much they relay on shields.

Hopefully Ow2 will make overwatch a competitive game with some changes, specially the shields/tanks changes.

Reducing the actual playersbase and get a new one will help to get people more used to a more competitive gameplay.

And how likely is that?

Even without hitscan players, there is still projectile spam.

Uh I’d say… if you’re in Silver probably don’t need shields, but Gold players have decent aim for their rank

To be fair, the game could be all dps and it would still be far away from a generic shooter…

It just is better at every aspect of the game than the competition

Movement alone is for me incomparable with all other modern fps games

Right, when I have to push payload on Havana last point I won’t need shield I hide behind cover and push it trough gps signal.

we NEED shields-

7 Likes

Anyone who refuses to see, and take advantage of, the value of shields is a selfish player who is putting a lot of undue stress on the heals to make up for the lack of damage mitigation just so they can be more of a pew pew tank.

8 Likes

imagine following me around to other threads to try and belittle me. It’s practically harassment at this point…

imagine telling people to play heroes that they do not enjoy. Yikes

show us some of your “Rien” my friend. I am still waiting…

:joy_cat:

The cart is your cover, fam.

Dude each time you asnwer I know you joke but personally not really in the mood , but if you’re serious payload isn’t this big cover lol

otherwise where I hide when devs keep doin maps for hitscans? behind Roadhog belly?

I’m not saying there is no value in shields, that would be akin to claiming shield tanks are useless. Read again.

I mean, why not? It is technically a barrier, just harder to see through! Plus you can rub the belly for good luck.

2 Likes

For real I appreciate the attempt but cannot smile at it , that will only feed enemy ulti faster and leave us without frontline

You should be in Masters?
Mmmmmmm…No
Already saw some mistakes that a Masters player simply would not do in the 1st few minutes of your vid and its something a Silver,Gold or a Plat player would do.

https://i.postimg.cc/BbpBVzMn/Bear.jpg

2 Likes