NO ONE switches in role queue QP

What doesn’t work is 5 dps players and no supports. Any experience is better than that. You can never make the perfect role system or make everyone happy.

As long as players have any choice some are going to mess it up. However comparing this system to the old system? This is going to work out better for most people.

2 Likes

I think 2-2-2 is going to stay. We have quick play classic to fall back on if 2-2-2 is unappealing. Personally, I like 2-2-2 so far… I was playing tank and reasoned with our DPS. I said “does Widow have enough sight lines here?” Our Widow agreed and switched. I may give 2-2-2 a couple of weeks or so before I decide if I like it or not.

2 Likes

You call me the one who is overreacting and yet you carry on with this tirade of ‘ALL QP IS JUST DPS PLAYERS’ when that is such an over-exaggeration of what actually happens. 222 happened far more often than these claims led people to belief, but because the extremely loud minority kept spouting it out it became commonplace to believe it.

5 Likes

Ah yes wait for 15 minutes

Who made you the team’s problem solver? The judge jury and executioner that you think can jump around freely any time you want , handicapping the team by leaving them without a tank or healer because in your mind you think that you are better than others at their roles.
Everybody’s mentality in this game is that they are never the problem and everybody else on the team is the reason they are losing and can’t climb.

You should to know - your 2 tanks and 2 healers useless, if you 2 DPS can’t kill enemies. This proves how tanks and healers are dependent on DPS and can not do without them.

ROLF. Just ROLF.

1 Like

Do you play 10vs10 at pick up hoop or something at the local gym? Play some sandlot baseball and just have no outfield but 4 players all playing first base?
It’s just basic structure.

so far the game I have played in QP have been great with RQ. Team’s can overload DPS and just blow me up as a tank main. I don’t get 3-4 flankers on me as support.
Yeah the range of players you get is rather wide so the 1.8k player on DPS is bad, but they are also 1.8k and it’s QP. It’s to be expected they are not as good as the say master level DPS on the other team.

so far everything is just way, way better. Role queue should have been in this game since day one and no one would have thought anything of it.

Counting PTR and comp on live its been out for exactly 6 weeks since July 23rd. The criticisms for role lock have been mostly the same issues. Inability to flex, inability to change team comp for counter play, queue time, questionable matching making and SR calculation, etc., etc.

You ask them to chill any longer they’ll just be gone.
Personally I’m “chilling out” in other games now.

5 Likes

It’s been out since role queue beta. Players just realizing how effective it’s going to be in quick play. Sorry you can’t decipher that knowledge fast.

1 Like

You said yourself exactly what happens.

In qp people get salty when they feel the DPS isn’t doing “X” and then switch to dps leaving the team minus a tank or support.

This is exactly why it was changed. I have some matches where this works out, but I have many more where people just lose to the other team because they have a decent composition. Most times multi dps works out because the enemy team is bad, not because 3+ dps is a good team comp.

1 Like

This is the time for people to complain.

1 Like

But in Comp at least they have the excuse they have no other option, in QP at least they have just chose between role Que and classic.

Whether the Classic will be permanent it’s probably depending on the playerbase.

Eh if no one plays it and plays quickplay classic instead then blizzard will notice.

They should have just added another option on the play screen: Quickplay (normal QP), Unranked (role lock and attack/defense), and Comp.

Solves every issue without dumpstering the “normal” QP into arcade rotation.

2 Likes

Where do you see a post saying it will be on rotation? It could very well be perma placed in arcade.

1 Like

The majority of players in this game do not play the PTR or comp.

Again, if you guys think that the majority of the game will be anti 222 then most will migrate to quick play classic and you can have your 5 dps matches there.

The crying and threatening to quit is because you know that most players will be sticking with 222.

1 Like

We can trade anecdotes all day because I have had games where 6 dps won over a 6 stack 222 comp whereas you claim that such things never exist and we will get nowhere. The TRUTH however, is that 2 tanks, 2 healers, 2 dps are NOT necessary to win, you can win with 6 support even, why are you complaining that the problem is that a team will be without a tank or a support?

3 Likes

So the other modes that people enjoy are even more infrequent?

Not a good solution, and I barely even play arcade.

They should update the website, instead of just saying:

“Overwatch features an international cast of powerful heroes with captivating personalities and backstories. Explore the full roster below.”

It could be:

“Overwatch features an international cast of powerful heroes with captivating personalities and backstories, however you can only use 2/3 of the roster if you play as DPS.”

2 Likes

Avoid as teammate ™

Real talk. Play comp or classic. All these anti RQ threads are boring.

1 Like