No one noticed that Mercy got a change people asked for?

No, not the meme +5 ammo. The weapon switch speed.

Mercy apparently got a buff to how fast she switches her staff…you know, the specific buff a ton of you were asking for on here. Well she got it. Has anyone noticed? I haven’t seen anyone talking about it or mentioning how maybe blizzard listens after all.

6 Likes

It’s barely noticeable.

(20 characters)

28 Likes

I’ve not seen a single person asking for a weapon speed increase in living memory.

Granted I’ve not seen every single forum post ever made but still.

10 Likes

Why would anyone notice nothing?

2 Likes

Her weapon swap speed is one of the things that makes her feel clunky. The opportunity you see to get an elim often disappearing in the time it takes to swap. Speeding it up is good.

22 Likes

If they don’t pull their pistol out to begin with how would they notice?

Even when you catch a Mercy offguard by themselves they’re still just going to stare at you with their staff most of the time.

11 Likes

If you look around the “please buff mercy!” posts, particularly ones made by Grey Falcon and the like, you’ll see this is a common request. People want to switch her gun faster or some mutation of that.

Well, people seem to notice nothing all the time. The forum is filled with phantom versions of characters like Hog and Widow who seems to effortlessly win. Those characters don’t exist.

I actually have seen Mercy players pull out the gun more often lately. Maybe they read the patchnotes.

1 Like

Was kind of a “bonus feature” on top of the other changes.

3 Likes

I have noticed! I told my brother about it as soon as I saw and he was like “that’s a buff”? HELL YEAH. You real Mercy mains know that when it INEVITABLY hits the fan and your team needs the kinda Mercy that will go up and “bop bop” a wench, all the while having to fly on up to your teammate to get his fine self healed or he WILL perish, that this change is sick. I better see more Mercys pulling out the glock and pouncing on these lovely men and women or Imma be mad at y’all. Get it togetherrr!

1 Like

Oof. Clearly this was an unpopular opinion. LOL

1 Like

Valk no breaking beam > any buff glock related…

animation speed on weapon swap was ALWAYS at the bottom of the priority in mercy changes

6 Likes

Prior to the update, many times each game while playing Mercy I would find myself daydreaming. With an ignored Winston chasing me around and a zap-slow-snipe attack coming from the Sojourn a football field away, I would think “If only I could take out my gun .15 seconds faster… if only I had 5 more bullets to use in the 3 seconds I stay alive while being focused down by a good team… what would life be like in such a paradise?” Now here we are, in a whole new world of gameplay possibilities.

4 Likes

LOL. It’s a blessing and a curse, Mercy being this smiled upon by the devs. It’s like the gifts never stop coming.

1 Like

Yes, it’s something I’ve wanted for years. Not as a balance change (which a lot of people focus on) but as something to make Mercy more fun. It’s a nice change for sure, but here’s the thing: Kiriko’s in the game and she has no weapon swap delay at all. I’ll be happy if they move more in that direction, but as things stand, I’ll be playing Kiriko instead of Mercy.

4 Likes

Yeah… Animation swap helps, but it is so situational… It is used like what? every 3-4 matches?

Apparently, but your joy is refreshing. I think this is a useful buff for Mercy; she can secure kills on low health targets easier, but it doesn’t push her into full Damage hero category. I’ve even seen a Mercy chase off a Reaper with the pistol.

Its still ungrateful. Yall asked for a change, got the change, and then said “not good enough!”. At the very least acknowledge that its a step in the right direction.

The buff is less for that, and more for shooting a Genji who’s low, but can still kill Ana before he escapes.

I cannot hold all those support buffs…

2 Likes

While true there are video side by side comparisons the swap speeds and it’s minuscule at best.

I think another thing that could have salvaged these buffs would have been the chance to finally give the pistol its own sensitivity setting. I think that’s something a lot of non-Mercy players don’t realize is a factor for why some Mercys don’t pistol, their sensitivity isn’t really set for it.

5 Likes

I would try to give every support some tertiary defense ability. I’ve mentioned it before, but I’d give Ana a cloak that worked like Active Camo from Halo (you’ll notice this would make it worse than Sombra’s and reward moving slow and staying still.

Mercy would give a cleansing orb on her R button (because she doesn’t need more defense).

Lucio doesn’t need anything new, but I’d love to experiment with an ability that resists knockbacks for his team. I like the idea of character who do something well, but guard against that thing too (like how Mei can stall, but she’s also anti stall).

IDK, we have a ton of fun options that they aren’t using, so I can see why people are underwhelmed at the Mercy buff.

I am sorry, but when some one says that they know about support issues and this is what I get in a patch I will be disappointed… It is a spit in a face of mercy players at this point… You want me to be grateful for devs spitting in my face? Sorry thanks, but no thanks… I will not be grateful for anyone spitting in my face…

And the situation would be different if devs said something like this ‘We know that supports have hard time, we are looking for our options and the changes will be in season 3… Meanwhile here are some changes that we think can help a tiny bit’… But it was announced like changes to make support more fun, and they didn’t deliverd…

You get now why we are mad?

1 Like