No one cares, but

I’m going back to Wow Classic. I should have know from the start that OW2 was not for me. I never, ever enjoyed PVP in WoW, and there was no logical reason why I should have enjoyed such a game mode, even in a different game. I came here to be with my friends, but they’re higher ranked than me, so I don’t even play with them very often. And I’m just… not having fun, really. I mean, sometimes I do, when I perform decently well, in a good, balanced game, but that’s so, so rare… Even after 350 hours, it’s like I haven’t made any progress whatsoever. And I don’t have the patience to wait another 1000 hours to start feeling somewhat ok at this game. And there are so many things that just get on my nerves constantly : the awful MM, the alt accounts, the Sombras and Moiras and Genjis and Orisas and Hogs, the lack of team play, the lack of communication…
Anyway. No one cares, but I’m out of here, and back to wandering the vast expanses of Azeroth that I fell in love with 18 years ago.
Thanks to all with whom I’ve had friendly interactions here, all those who tried to help me and encourage me. Godspeed on your journey, in game and in life.

15 Likes

Custom games can still be pretty fun, I recommend checking those out if you’re ever back on OW

2 Likes

Good luck! Say hello to Sylvanas! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have fun.

2 Likes

I care believe it or not. Always sad to see another player leave even if we have had our disagreements on the forum.

I wouldnt feel bad about not being as good at the game as you would like after only 350 hours. I have no doubt that many of the people you are losing to have 1000s of hours.

Its sort of the nature of the game to feel like you arent improving because as you improve you get placed against stronger opponents. You cant even look at something like your accuracy as a benchmark because higher ranked players have much better movement. You may be aiming way better than before but your opponents are just better at avoiding shots.

I bet if you watched footage of your gameplay from 300 hours ago you would be shocked at all the mistakes you were making that you arent now.

I doubt I would be playing this game if I didnt get hooked back during early overwatch 1. Im sure trying to get into this game now is a nightmare unless you already have a ton of experience with fps/hero shooters

If you arent having fun or the game is negatively impacting your mental health than I think you are making the right choice. I just dont want you to leave the game feeling like there is something wrong with you, your experience is very typical.

6 Likes

So true. I Thoroughly enjoy those tiny hide and seek games.

Good luck man. See you next week.

3 Likes

I thoroughly enjoy the game when i play one a week. Usually with some booze or edibles.

A quick and quirky tip that works for me is to smile. Force a smile, make your brain produce feel good hormones so the annoying things don’t get under your skin as much. Plus you’re already smiling so it’s easy to laugh at toxic people. Imo. And some annoying situations and deaths are actually funny.

It is s completely different game if you are in a stack with people communicating. You could try add randoms and see if anyone wants to group.

I wouldn’t feel bad about skill level. Back in ow1 the most common insult i received was ‘gold border and this trash’. It happens.

Borders represented your account level and thus playtime. Gold border was hundreds of hours playtime.

Other than that, all the best Alone. Whether you decide to play sporadically or uninstall best o’ luck.

3 Likes

I don’t think I will, but I’ll keep that in mind, thanks :wink:

Thanks :slight_smile: I’ll give your regards to the Banshee Queen next time I see her :wink:

Respectful disagreements are perfectly fine :wink:

That’s 100% true.

Yes, certainly. I remember my first hours in the game, and despite all the help from my friends, it was a mess :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve certainly made some progress since then. Just not enough compared to the number of hours spent, at least in my eyes.

I didn’t play much fps shooter games before. A bit of CS back in the day, but only with friends.

I’m having fun… 5-10% of the time :stuck_out_tongue: The rest of the time, it’s only frustration, stress, pressure to perform (even in QP)… I’ve had games (even in QP) where I was so stressed out that I had to hide in a corner for a few seconds and do breathing exercises because my heart was beating so hard in my chest that I felt I was almost unable to breathe, and my hands were shaking… So maybe there IS something wrong with me, because I doubt that’s a typical experience :slight_smile:
I’ve just never liked PVP of any kind. I only have bad memories of it in WoW, during my first years before I switched from a PVP to a RP server. I’ve never enjoyed it, and I always get flustered whenever I’m faced with a “human opponent”. This never happens in PVE. It can be stressful, when you raid or go in mythic + dungeons, but it’s never nearly as stressful as OW. So… Yeah, I think it’s the right choice.

I need something I can play a lot more :slight_smile: But I see what you mean. It’s better in moderation :slight_smile:

I think I just don’t enjoy the game enough to even try, tbh. But I’m sure it’s more fun when you’re playing as a group.

1 Like

Me either. WoW PvP is atrocious, and I like PvP in most games.

1 Like

I hate everyone. :blush:

I hate everything. :blush:

I hate life. :blush:

I want to die. :blush:

1 Like

Why is that ? Balance ? The way it’s set up in BGs and arenas ?

How’s that working out for you ? :wink:

1 Like

Just not a fan of tab-target PvP. Feels gimmicky, plus it’s basically just a CC fest. CC is the worst feeling thing about any game.

1 Like

It’s only a matter of time before Blizzard releases Overwatch Classic

1 Like

Have fun man, I have also stopped playing this season and it’s been a good ride so far

2 Likes

I took a long break from OW2 and then came back for a bit. Had some fun for a little while but had to give it up again.

The magic that the Original Overwatch had seems to be Missing from Overwatch 2

3 Likes

They were not wrong, as long as you smile it makes everything better. My smile is more powerful than Reaper from the hit game Overwatch Dos.

2 Likes

Honestly yeah fair. Modern Actiwow has just been on a honest decline even before/after WoD WoW, bobby Kotick, “if we lose 75% of players, we’ll just cut 90% of content funding and profit” BFA ‘developers’.

And, i’ve just lost a lot of respect for the company i grew up with. I know i was a wrath baby but honestly. I logged back in once. I played the old servers. I went… "I thought it was the gameplay i missed. Really i feel like i missed being a kid, experiencing this all for the first time. And when everyone was young.

I missed fishing in catherby, not being xp wasting and inefficient or alone, but the parts of mmorpgs that lost their sparks. Was when they were just things everyone experienced for the first time.

Maybe much less the #nolife simulators but kinda the first ‘global chatrooms, with avatars’ that people hung out in.

People hung out, catherby was terrible xp and people big net fished trash like bass to keep up with people catching sharks and tuna lol. But people talked. "Hey! have you seen that movie?" or "fishing lvl?" and then went “Im going to chuck e cheese today! i had so much fun!” “I love arcades too!” “I had a pinata!!!” “I’m going to have my first car today!” antics.

I tried going back, and the game was the same. But the social interaction was… /who… “You are the only person in the starting area” → "BuYGOLDTODAY"

“Fishing levels?” => Complete silence next to 2000 people, as well as the usual politics/slurs / people fighting over Trump/Biden/Bernie.

Then people fighting over genders.

Then everyone wished death on each other, and as old, jaded, adults with jobs and responsibilities, I kinda feel like the youthlike luster had faded away into drama ngl.

1 Like

Under Activision-Blizzard games became less about fun and more about making a gazillion dollars for stock holders

3 Likes

ow2 the game where high skills heros are hardcounterd by orisa, mauga, moira and sombra xddddddddddd

get better? nah… just hardcounter the enemy tank xd