No one cares, but

Yeah, I understand that :slight_smile:

A lot of people say it was more fun and less competitive in mindset, but even then, I’m not sure I’d really enjoy it…

It’s all in the mind :wink: Power of suggestion !

I completely get that. I know I won’t feel the same things I felt back in the day, 18 years ago. Nostalgia… is a powerful feeling. And I know (because I’ve already been back a bit on Classic) that the community has completely changed. As you said, no more interactions, very few players, and a completely different mindset… I had so much fun back then, grouping with random people, making friends along the way (some who became friends IRL), helping a guy in distress fighting 3 mobs and then sharing a few items, just… being with people, even if only in a virtual world. I’ll never get that back.
But I’d rather play something I know will, at least, not make my blood boil every 5 min :stuck_out_tongue: Even if I’m alone in the vast world of Azeroth.
Besides, there’s an expansion coming at the end of the year, and my friends will be back, and at least for a few months, we’ll all be together again, remembering the “good ol’ days” :wink:

2 Likes

Can’t say I care because I don’t know you, but I do understand.

This is definitely a game that is more fun with friends and all my friends dropped it, so I’ve lost that fun factor as well. I do still enjoy the game in the tiny casual corner that I play it in, free of toxicity, cheaters, and challenge, but I do miss the real game sometimes.

I’m going on 4500 hours and still don’t feel like I’m any better than I was at 350 hours. Dunno how others do it, but guess improvement just doesn’t really happen for everyone. And I’m getting older now too, reflexes going, eyesight going, so definitely not gonna get any better.

Happiness in gaming is all that truly matters.

Farewell, be happy and free! :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

MMORPGs don’t appear to be as popular as they used to which is a sad thing. Is it that the game design is outdated or that the quality in their live service has decreased? Community and the social aspect are what makes these kinds of games stand out to me.

2 Likes

Today I was playing in a weird position further from the television because I injured my foot, it is relatively painful which is somewhat distracting. I also had some scorpion peppers because my Sistah Spice did not realize that I want the spicy Sriracha mayo and just put the damn scorpion peppers on.

It made me play horribly. I went 2 and 6. That might not sound that bad, but seriously, that could possibly be the only time I have gone negative over the course of 8 years. I could barely see enemies from that distance. I was shooting at a Junkerqueen because I thought it was Venture.

It’s terrifying. Eye sight and hearing all messed up. The peppers simulated slow reaction times pretty well. I can now see why older people struggle to leave lower ranks. It’s inevitable…

Yeah, this is my biggest issue, I also play far from my screen compared to most PC players, maybe like 3-4 feet away from it, and at that range, things, heroes, and buildables in the distance look blurry and undefined to me.

It’s actually not uncommon to see me shoot inanimate objects because they have a slightly red tiny to them and my brain identifies them as an enemy hero or turret or object. Or to get targets mixed up because they all kinda blend together in a blurry reddish blob.

I should really probably just get glasses, but eye doctors are scary. :sob:

2 Likes

I don’t fault you at all for leaving this game.

I don’t play as much as I used to but I still come back for one or two games.

Good luck on your endeavors!

Big Blurb

PvE and PvP have different environments and I think you get different skills from each. For example, aiming is more crucial in PvP than PvE; when I play OW I notice my aim in WF is better.

The other aspect is the social interaction, in a way. Depending on the structure of the PvE game, you can play entirely solo. In PvP you’re more or less forced to interact with other people, and that can build relationships and friendships or make you detest humanity the more you play.

In PvE the lore is generally better. This helps immerse the player and boosts creativity. I have a boost of “I have an idea of what to draw/write!” after playing WF. OW, not so much.

Accessibility can be better in PvE. You wanna outline the enemies with any color ever? Sure. Wanna lower particles so you don’t get headaches? Go ahead. Getting tired of QTE button spam? Hold to Tap instead!

1 Like

They might but I wouldnt count on it. The company changing hands is relevant and MS wont be nostalgic for ow1. It will be hard for classic ow to make very much money that isnt just taking it from ow2

1 Like

What corner is that ? Seems alright to me :wink:
I’ve tried games against AI, but after a little while, you get bored of doing the same maps all over again, against AI bots that are basically at bronze level, even when you max out difficulty.

I have exactly the same experience. I’m 46, my reflexes were never that great to begin with, but they’re getting worse, my eyesight is ok (I have glasses) but I still don’t notice enemies far away until it’s too late…

Thx :slight_smile: I’ve migrated to PVE servers because the RP were actually completely empty… We’ll see how it goes…

I have only played WoW, so I can’t speak for others. My guess is that after almost 20 years, any game, even if you try and bring new things to it, will become less attractive and popular. There are still plenty of people for expansion release and a few months after it, but many leave once they finish the expansion.
It’s also true that the community has vastly changed. When I started, in 2006, a lot of people were coming from board role playing games, and there was a lot or RP in game, lots of RP guilds. They have all left now, they’re in their 40’s and 50’s, like me. And the younger people who replaced them have a completely different mentality (no offense to gen Z, but… you know…).

Can’t say I blame you. I had to hold my wife’s hand everytime she had to go to the eye doctor, and she was terrified…

Eye doctors aren’t too bad, i think you might be charged like 100$ for the eye appointment and then 100$ a pair of glasses at a lot of stores.

But it’s just mostly that simpsons stereotype, they put you in front of a reading chart, flick 30 different lens to see if it’s better or worse, say “1 or 2?”.

Then they give you a prescription and you can use that to order glasses. If you’re on a budget or don’t mind Zenni has some pretty sturdy 7$ glasses that come with cleaning cloths and a pretty durable blue plastic case. Unfortunately the case will be branded with a huge ZENNI all over it lol, but it’s still a pretty good case.

They won’t be designer glasses and you’ll be limited to like 7-20 7$ options vs 200x 100$ ones, but i tried some and i was happy.

Although on the flip note i did have a minor eye vision thing so i didn’t need them, just a super faint double image.

If you aren’t already they say Lutein and Zeathythin(?) are some important eye health vitamins often found in spinach, marigold supplements, leafy greens, and that beta carotine from carrots are also helpful for eyesight as well.

Though they can’t reverse any eye damage, but they’re supposed to protect your eyes from further degration i think.

They’re more like breaks, not a miracle cure, but your eye vision can tend to worsen if you don’t have them. Costco sells some Lutein supplements for 20$ for like 60-100 or you could just eat some spinach and carrots everyday.

1 Like

Actually, little update on that : I’ve been playing on the EU PVE cluster servers the last few days since I quit OW. Of course, there are much fewer people than back in the day, but it’s not empty. There are always at least a few people in the same zone. I often get help when I ask for it. Twice tonight from very nice guys, for example, one of which even gave me 15 gold on top of that (a fortune when you’re level 17 !). I joined his guild, which seems really active with a lot of members, lots of rerolls, and lots of high level who raid BWL at the moment.
Overall, it’s much better than I expected. According to the internet, the US servers are even more populated, so it’s probably even better there.
Honestly, no regret, at all. The game is a lot more fun than OW (to me, at least), and the community… well, no comparison there either. Probably because it’s the Classic Era servers, so only people who really loved Vanilla, are used to helping each other out, to struggle to grind the levels with none of the quality of life improvements (they’re not improvements, imo, but anyway) made later on… much nicer and kinder than the kind I’ve encountered in here…
Anyway.

1 Like

I wish you luck, and I think it’s for the best sanity wise this game needs some serious TLC before it will ever be anything good and I love overwatch, I just hate how little blizzard seems to care about the integrity of the game, MM, leaderboards, and their sheer inability to police their own game properly.

ban waves work :skull: only if the game costs money and it isn’t a f2p game. People can make hundreds of accounts easily and keep hacking, deranking, and doing nefarious things in the game and they think waiting 6 months for most of the ban’s is a good system.

It’s a old way of looking at it and people are basically laughing at blizzards inability.

1 Like

Yea competitive games do that since there always is a bigger fish. Ive been playing this game since the first beta but ya im still mid

I have always been a casual anyways that doesn’t care about “ranking” up

If i did have one wish for this game it would be more lore, cinematics, a netflix series and yea a whole full blown single player pve campaign mode heh

Still im content just to have a casual shooty shooty game with my favorite heroes

Wish there could be more so i dont blame people who get burned out and frustrated by this game

Also i never see this game ever being completely balanced and the matchmaker will always have issues as well but yea thats most competitive online games ESPECIALLY a hero shooter one

(with a trinity role system no less😁)

I completely agree.

I don’t know how the MM works, but it’s always been one of the things I thought was really horrendous in this game. The QP “title” says you’re gonna face “people of your level”, and it almost never seems to be the case : it’s either stomp or get stomped, or face 1 or 2 alt accounts that are gonna dominate… About 1 or 2 games in 10 seem actually balanced. And it’s not much different in ranked.
The hero based system is an interesting idea, I think. But the hard counter system ruins it, imo. Play Widow ? The enemy will play Sombra. Play Genji ? The enemy will go Moira / Mei. Play Reaper ? You’ll face long ranged hitscans. And it’s a game of musical chairs all the time, and that’s not really fun.
At least, in games like CS, you get mostly the same weapons, same grenades, same HP, same hitbox… It’s all based on skill, and that makes it much fairer imo.

I’d have loved a PVE campaign :slight_smile:

Agreed.

Have fun!

Are you playing solo? I’ve never gotten into mmos(outside of a bit of one that we quickly abandoned) because my friends never wanted to play them.

You had a good run! Thanks for playing. :smiling_face_with_tear:

it’s a lot more enjoyable and less stressful than overwatch. Even if you play solo, classic is a good one to start solo. After a bit find a guild you will have a awesome time. Even though I would suggest finding a game outside of blizzard so you aren’t supporting them till they get their heads out of the sand.

1 Like

I played solo so far, but I’ve just joined a guild tonight, one that seems really active. I’ll see how it goes in the next few days, but 2 of their members helped me tonight on 2 different occasions, and that’s usually a good sign :slight_smile: Also good sign : they have both low level and high level members, so I won’t be left behind for 40 levels, waiting to join them in raid.
It’s even more fun with IRL friends, for sure. But over the years, I made really good friends in WoW, especially during the first few years, and some are now friends IRL. That is (or at least, was) one of the beauty of WoW.

Thank you :wink:

Maybe not enjoyable for everyone, but less stressful ? Absolutely ! WoW Classic Era is really, really slow paced, and there aren’t many stressful situations overall. Even in raid, in my experience with semi casual players from Vanilla to WotLK, it’s a lot more relaxed and fun than OW. The LFG and LFR tools kinda ruined it a bit - grouping with strangers instead of friends or guildmates is usually a “risk” of sorts.

Anyway. Some will prefer FPS games, some prefer RPGs. I prefer the latter. More immersive, more of a disconnect from the real world…

2 Likes

WoW is a bad MMORPG

it used to be decent back when it had 40 man raids but now it is a lame casual game where you get best in slot gear for logging on

Which is why I play the Classic Era version. The “real” WoW, so to speak :wink: The one where you sweat your way up to lvl 60, walking all the time, grinding weapon skills and professions, dying to stupid murlocs, etc… Vanilla was the best version of the game, imo. And that’s why I don’t wanna play the other “classic” versions, only the original one.
Also, Classic Era is a completely apolitical game (unlike the latest retail version), and I’ve never met anyone who talked about those topics in game. And that, also, makes it more enjoyable and relaxed.