No one cares about LGBT heroes, well... you shouldn't care at least

Mod edit: This thread has been locked as the discussion has drifted off course. Please keep discussions related to Overwatch.

this is coming from a trans girl

no one cares, why should a hero’s sexuality matter? play the hero for what they do, not what they like/ are attracted to

being LGBT shouldn’t make you want to play that hero, tracer is gay, i dont want to play tracer because shes gay all of a sudden, thats not how it works, its just not

having LGBT heroes are fine but you shouldn’t just want to play a hero because they are part of it and i dont understand people who think that way

“we want a hero we can identify with” that’s a dumb argument if mccree was a transgender male i wouldn’t want to play him just for that

if widow was a lesbian i wouldn’t want to play widow just because she’s lesbian

like i said i’m not against LGBT heroes but it shouldn’t be this big of a deal, is it really that problematic?

how we feel in real life should not carry over into a video game we don’t need a hero to represent everything, and the people that think really just need to stop talking and think for a minute, is it really that big a deal?

also on more of a side note how long do you think until this thread gets shut down because its LGBT related

377 Likes

? people do care just not you

i care and play tracer in large part because tracer is gay

edit: i hope this didn’t come off as hostile cause we are friends

60 Likes

/thread

roast em

8 Likes

Wanna know what a Rabbit Hole is?

3 Likes

I was going to reply to the post but I saw your reply and your name. :joy:

2 Likes

fellow trans girl here, it definitely matters. I don’t play tracer because im not a fan of her playstyle, but I love her as a character because she’s relateable.

Soldier? He’s fun to play, but… nothing about him is interesting to me. He’s a war dude. Boring as hell

49 Likes

I play Tracer because she is epic and awesome, and cute👍

But some people play her for other reasons, and I understand why.

Things get complicated, tread carefully.

11 Likes

I personally don’t care, but that stuff does matter to a lot of people. It doesn’t matter if you’re trans and gay, cis and straight, or a hecidecimagender omnisexual squirrel, you can’t just speak for everyone and tell us what we want.

17 Likes

I care about new heroes absolutely.

Wherever their sexual preference lies? Yes, that is unimportant to me.

20 Likes

i dont understand your thinking my friend

4 Likes

It doesn’t matter what your sexual preference is.

you still need healing.

28 Likes

We have an LGBT hero who represents all LGBT related players.
We have Symmetra, who represents all disabled or handicapped players.

I agree with you. Diversity and representation of communities are not required, but we have them and should be satisfied. It doesn’t affect the character or game itself at all.

10 Likes

Doesn’t matter in gameplay, maybe but lore?

If we get more LGBTQ+ characters, what difference does it make? Settle down, plz.

8 Likes

I’ve been saying this for years as a bi person.

Games are for games. If you feel the need to be represented in everything, including games, then that’s a really unhealthy habit.

Accept yourself for who you are, being ‘represented’ in a video game isn’t going to do that for you.

48 Likes

I play Tracer because she’s good at DPS. I play Moira because she’s great at multiple healing and I play Doomfist because it’s fun playing a melee based hero every now and then too.

People who play these heroes because they are gay, black, trans, or whatever, completely miss the point of Overwatch imo. You’re looking at the game completely the wrong way, trying to identify the heroes to yourselves and find a link, rather than accepting them for who they are, as different as they may be to us.

10 Likes

PASSSS THE DAMN POPCORN
this gonna b good

7 Likes

People like characters they can identify with. Its pretty simple human psychology.

13 Likes

Side note; as a trans male, I would feel worse having a trans character in the game than not having one. I don’t want to be separated into a certain category.

4 Likes

I’m a straight girl, and I totally care!

My personal opinion is that if you don’t care, then that’s okay. Don’t pay attention to it. But if a character’s sexual preference is a big deal for other people, then let them enjoy that! And it doesn’t affect gameplay in any way, so people who don’t care won’t be affected in the slightest, while those who do care would feel fine and represented. Win win!

Also I realize this thread is going to devolve into a steaming pile of :poop: within 48 hours, so tread lightly people

27 Likes

Some people just want to feel like their being represented in a big game like Overwatch. But people also forget that any heroes’ sexuality does not fully define their character. Just because Tracer is gay, doesn’t mean she has to do everything a lesbian is expected to do.

3 Likes