No one cares about LGBT heroes, well... you shouldn't care at least

But muh tokenism. :c

2 Likes

Where is the strong macho dude bros that get all the women?

I am upset that this game does not represent the Strong Macho Dude-Bro community. REEEEEE

6 Likes

Representation creates empathy. Empathy changes people’s attitudes about a marginalized group. It matters to people. Gay men and transgender people in particular are negatively represented in media way more than lesbians. Blizz took a safe decision in making the first openly LGBT hero lesbian, but now that their game is established I think they should look into following up on their promise that multiple LGBT heroes exist on Overwatch and making perhaps a gay male hero.

That’s young Genji and McCree

14 Likes

welcome to america where people say fictional characters’s sexual interest matters
edit: sure, you want something to relate to in this game? tell me why it should be about what you sexually desire

6 Likes

hm I don’t really know how to explain

I already dm’ed you this but ill post it here too think its similar to liking a character cause of aesthetic? Soldier is really boring to me and like, im good at him, hes fun to play, but his aesthetic is incredibly white bread so i cant see myself putting him in my hero pool.

1 Like

No man, i want a Chad. He pumps iron every day, drinks protein shakes, drives a sweet sports car, wears Under-Armor muscle shirts, and walks his tiny dog. He has the tiny dog because he has a sensitive side, but also wants to pick up hot girls when he walks him on the beach.

6 Likes

Oh you mean young Reinhardt

6 Likes

Oh Christ. Not another one of these.

1 Like

“someone had to do it, figured id be me”

“being lgbt shouldn’t make you want to play that hero”

good to see you haven’t been reading much. lots of lgbt people agree, myself included - we don’t want an lgbt character thrown in for the sake of being lgbt; that would be insulting.

the great thing about tracer is that we’ve had her for almost two years, and in her first year we got a comic and the only true indication that she was LGBT was a kiss between her and emily. it wasn’t overdone, it wasn’t fussed over - it was just a nice and sweet scene between tracer and her girlfriend.

and the lgbt community were so happy to see this. because it’s more common to have straight characters rather than gay ones - and in a shooter, nonetheless! and the best part is? this wasn’ overdone or put in for the sake of having a gay character. it felt natural, and tracer is still the same hero she was at launch - except now we know she’s very close with a redhead named emily :slight_smile:

so, tell me - why can’t more things like this happen? if it makes people happy, i see no reason for it not to happen. :grin:

the problem with threads like these is that it’ll always become chaotic. mods need to crack down on these or they have to stop.

18 Likes

I care about LGBT heroes, and it has nothing to do with ‘wanting to play them’. It has to do with wanting to see representation. If the story is as disconnected from the game as the people here say, it shouldn’t be a problem if they have LGBT heroes.

8 Likes

Diversity and representation is good, when it isn’t forced. It’s not forced in OW, this topic is unnecessary and you are not the spokesman for transgendered people, which you may or may not actually be.

7 Likes

i play tracer because she’s fun and i’m good at her

1 Like

As a gay guy,I would love it if the game that helped me through rough times included a character that I can see myself in.

The devs promised more LGBT representation after the Reflections comic,but they’re still failing to deliver. It’s been over a year and it’s making me sad in all honesty and it’s making me lose faith.

Sure,I’ve played BioWare’s games. But Mass Effect screwed over people like me more times than I count. And while Dragon Age may be good,some of the characters I relate to either got forgotten,got treated like crap by the writers or straight up decided to leave and go to another country while not allowing the player character to go with them.

Overwatch got praised for its diverse cast of heroes when it was released,but where are more LGBT characters? and don’t tell me it would be “unrealistic” when in real life I legit have like 2 friends who aren’t LGBT(and I know hundreds of people so…)

11 Likes

yea its pretty stupid to be honest. yea tracer is gay but do i look at her gay. no i look at her like 1 of my 5 gf’s.
dva, tracer, widow, young ana, mercy are all my gf and i took em all the prom at the same night.

1 Like

Playing a hero just for their sexuality, imo, is an insult to people who actually like the hero for their:

• Playstyle
  • Mechanics
  • Design
  • Characteristics

and if you can only relate to a hero because of their sexuality, that’s pretty sad.

15 Likes

being gay is a characteristic lol

I could say the same thing about people who play dva because shes a gamer

i don’t think anyone enjoys a character only because of their sexuality

3 Likes

People play a hero because of they’re actually gay? Not because they’re fun? This is new for me, i only play what i enjoy, i don’t care if they’re het, gay, or robosexual.

Seriously, this is a game, it’s supposed to be something you enjoy, but there’s always people bringing gender and sexuality issues for no reason. If you only enjoy playing a character because of their sexuality… I don’t even know what to say to be honest, i’m sorry is all i can think of.

1 Like

Just because you don’t care doesn’t mean you speak for everyone. Some people care about representation, some people don’t. Respect both groups. Simple.

4 Likes

Who cares if people care about LGBT heroes or not?
Let people have their fun. What a pointless thing to argue over.

1 Like