No more phone numbers

So by connected account they just mean making a battle.net account correct? I’ve played before and after the cutoff date so I know I’m good on that front.

yes! so whichever platform ur on if u have a connected battle.net acc ur good

1 Like

Just to put this into perspective services like Twitter and Discord already have similar systems in place. If this would be grounds for a class action lawsuit somebody feeling litigious and looking for a payday would have already done it.

Those accounts will get filtered out over time. You can bet that they’ll want to permaban any of the old alt accounts that start causing trouble.

those companies dont have a requirement on what type of phone service you use.

2 Likes

Funny if true, but I think It has more to do with people calling into their support…

“I paid for a game and you’re taking it away.”…

Simple as that…

maybe they’ll remove battle passes too

2 Likes

1 Like

…so no. :rofl:

It would only be financial discrimination if Blizzard said “you must earn $50000 dollars per year to play”.
Asking people to provide a valid phone number is simply not financial discrimination… :wink:

I already use my relative phone yesterday. But any way! now I can change it to my own phone this friday, so win-win!

I gave them my phone number for nothing lol

2 Likes

How is that gonna stop smurfs? They literally just letting them all back in :rofl:

They should keep the requirement imo but limit it to comp only.

“Economic discrimination is discrimination based on economic factors. These factors can include job availability, wages, the prices and/or availability of goods and services, and the amount of capital investment funding available to minorities for business.”

edit: your winky face emojis are creepy and weird ngl. even more so because of the topic

5 Likes

I mean it will not immediately but as those get banned there become less and less smurfs. I can expect that people will be trying to sell Overwatch accounts that do not require said authentication as well .

note: do not sell your BNet account or allow anyone other than yourself to access it.

1 Like

Oh really?

Didnt you make a post like a day or two ago defending the whole system? Titled…to people complaint about phone number or something like that?

What they should’ve done is keep it only for comp.

2 Likes

Still no sadly… :wink:

What you fail to understand (because you copy-pasted the wiki definition without actually reading beyond that) is financial discrimination is when a company changes its prices or product availability based upon whom is purchasing it (i.e. Blizzard charged $10 for a game for men and $20 for the same game for women).

As for the availability the same thing applies. Blizzard are not saying “men can play OW2 but woman cannot” or “only people of this ethnicity can play OW2”.

As for the ‘price’ of services allowed to be used to verify a phone number with Blizzard, they are free to block certain companies at their discretion.

Blizzard are not ‘selling’ the phones. They are requiring you own your own phone to access their service. It’s not their problem if some cost more than others and does not meet the definition of financial discrimination… :wink:

Did I? Feel free to quote the thread and post where I said I supported the system as a whole…Just because you ‘feel’ I said something doesn’t mean I did… :slight_smile: :wink:

1 Like

They already got in anyways, you can get a temporary number that works for $1

Sweet I guess I don’t need a phone after all Blizzard!:laughing:

Gotta keep the poors happy i guess.

love the “don’t you have phones” moment, blizz became such a meme

2 Likes