No more phone numbers

Yay I finally get to play the game I already paid for! I can’t believe Blizzard put such an asinine policy in place but at least they reverted it

1 Like

the downside is that alot of older smurf and troll accounts will still be able to get in

4 Likes

I’ve been playing overwatch since release but my battle.net account wasn’t made until about June 27th. Do I still need a phone number or am I destined to not play the game

1 Like

So instead of fixing their system and taking the time to include most of the companies and prepaid plans people were using, they instead abolish the plan completely and allow smurfs and trolls to run rampant once again.

You will still need a “valid” phone number for new accounts so they will still have the same problem for many new players.

The only ones that will benefit from these are the smurfs and trolls that already have countless accounts. It’s going to take ages before those accounts get banned/removed from the system if at all.

Goes to show how poorly planned Overwatch 2 is.

2 Likes

I benefit from this. Otherwise I wouldn’t be able to play. One account from the start of OW1. It would take them forever to go over all the companies in all the countries like you suggest.

Yeah well, will be nice to actually get to play the game as a cricket user, which I haven’t had the opportunity to do yet due to this “New Policy” which was never around in OW1. This is a video game not some game millions of players are playing as a job.

1 Like

I’ve had my phone number for 13 years. But since I switched to Cricket because they had a good deal going on. Now I cannot play OW2. LOL.

2 Likes

So glad I get all my accounts set to different regions back :slightly_smiling_face:

Terrible decision to remove sms. 10 smurf accounts are back, and to dodge a ban you just buy a 5 dollars ow1 account. Good job blizzard.

1 Like

No need to quote; I’m not gonna be going through entire forum to find a post. You know it, people know it.

I’m not surprised that the biggest troll on OW forums to date has their profile hidden…

Your posts and replies reek of passive aggressive and condescending tone. You disagree with people for the sake of an argument no matter what you actually believe in.

It’s really pathetic at this point.

Im happy for this, Brought overwatch at start of the year and really started to enjoy it then got slammed for not having a phone on a post paid plan. smh

Have they fixed it yet ive been waiting and it feels forever i have mine set to russia and they just updated the game not to get rid of it when they said they would?

…source: ‘trust me bro…’ :rofl:

If I was going to make a claim about what another forum user said, I’d have the relevant post linked else I’m putting words in someone’s mouth which is terrible forum etiquette… :wink: :thinking: :upside_down_face:

Its now 7 oct and i still can’t play

1 Like

Does this mean people who played overwatch 1 can now play? Or you to have recently played overwatch can now play?

2 Likes

anyone knows at what hr will this change go live ??

that lame phone numbers where too stop smufs

They lied. Its still asking me for a number and wont let me in.

3 Likes

obv because its not live yet do you even think before posting something ? they said it happens on the 7th not at what hour …

1 Like

It will go live at around 8pm CEST , that is my guess same as the launch of OW2. I am not sure why you can change the damn region yourself you gotta write tickets etc…