No hero should be able to oneshot with primary

They removed the 1 shots from Wow.

But you’re right, WOW isnt Overwatch. No game is.

It’s an fps with weird abilities and game modes. But it’s an fps.

But I’m not. There is nothing wrong with Widow, other than people not liking high skill cap heroes like Widow, Tracer, Ana…

She’s had this kill potential for 3 years. And she hasn’t been meta all the time. She wasn’t meta during GOATS and she wasn’t meta during dive. You’re not removing a mechanic that has been balanced before.

No hero should be able to turn invisible
This should be a basic principle of designing an fps.

Wow is a 3rd Person game with even more wierd abilities and game modes. Its as relevant as any FPS, structurally.

There’s obviously something wrong with widow. So many complaints here, plus she’s one of the big contributors to the damage/healing/barrier powercreep in the game.

But, i see it from your opinion - you’re resistant to logic and evidence because you don’t want your character changed.

She’s been pretty good all the time.

There would be absolutely zero reasons to pick Widow if she couldn’t one shot . Ash would be better that can 2 shot , or McCree. And they have better kits than her as well.
That’s like saying take away Reinhardt’s or Orissas shield, because it’s annoying to me, shooting at barriers all day.
That is the main part of their kits.

Then improve her kit.
Hows about:

• Give her an ability on a cooldown that works like a personal version of Zen’s Discord (giving her 1 shot ability on the targetted character for X seconds)
  • Improving her mobility.
  • Improved mine
  • A “shoot through shields” ability
  • A “next shot does massive damage to that shield” ability
  • An ability based poisoned shot that stops healing

I mean, there’s so much you could do that would make her more a part of the team, rather than just sitting back shooting “because skill”.

1 Like

Everything you suggested would be better on a new hero.
Overwatch is a first-person shooter, snipers have been part of first person shooters for over 20 years without issue.
And it’s totally ridiculous to try to delete a staple of first-person shooters because people that are not used to FPS’s, dislike them

1 Like

Pretty good doesn’t equate to broken.

2 Likes

They’d be great on widow too - i understand you dont want anyone to change your hero, but she’s OP.

No other game is Overwatch. Snipers are OK in some other games, but not here. Its not about the people that arent used to FPS games (you’re basically saying “everyone who doesnt agree with me is bad”, btw) , its about game balance.

I’ve been raised on fps games if I can say so, played a lot of them since the 90s but calling Overwatch similar to any of them is just not true.

Overwatch is played in first persons view.

Here, I listed every similarities to other fps games.

1 Like

Any good doom gets the HG , then SS on an Ana UC and LC. RP is an escape. If he were to use all his CDs he is nothing better than a hacked Doom.Also it takes some time to charge a RP. Meanwhile since he needs to be in meele range to be useful, you could Stun/Sleep/Flash/Hack/Boop him and screw up his combo. IDK why people complain about RP as a one-shot over a Widow’s Infinite range KO button every 0.5 seconds.

Do you shoot?

Widow is fine.
The healimg creep is entirely the fault of healers, the barrier creep is entirely the fault of tanks, and the damage creep is entirely the fault of tanks and supports.

I don’t want Widow changed. But youbare also wrong, and i told you why.

How is a hero that when a person that cant aim or has no mechanical skill plays them, they are totally useless?
Even if a grandmaster plays Widow that only plays supports, they would be total garbage with widow.
That is not a sign of an overpowered hero.

A sign of an overpowered hero is like old Brigg.
Where a bronze player or a grandmaster, low skill or high skill will do good with old Brigg.
Why? Because she was actually overpowered.

Widow only seems overpowered in the fact that certain people that play her have good mechanical skill.
And that is something you cannot get rid of or Nerf.
You don’t punish skill.
You get rid of Widow, people with good mechanical skill will jump to the next hitscan hero and then you would start whining and complaining about the next hero they pick up.
Rinse and repeat the witch Hunt.

Yes.

Healing creep is caused by damage creep. Barrier creep is caused by damage creep. Damage creep is caused by DPS needing to keep up with Widow and 1 shots.

What are your actual reasons for healing and barrier creep?

Like i said, i have no hope of changing your opinion, even though your logic is very flawed.

Skill is no excuse for OPness. Low skill and OP is still OP. High skill and OP is OP. OP is just OP.

Just because its difficult doesnt mean it cant also be OP.

You still haven’t explained how she’s overpowered besides, " it doesn’t feel good to get killed by her"
Being able to one shot does not mean that she is overpowered.
I already explained that there are several factors that go into her being able to one shot and not everybody can do it easily.
And it also has been explained to you that snipers have been part of first person shooters of all types for over 20 years without issue.
And snipers from other games don’t have to deal with endless barriers, Shields, armor, and burst healing, along with being hunted down by characters that can fly across the map with their abilities.

1 Like

Say that to Ana, who kept alive 4 tanks.

Orisa got ridiculously overbuffed in the shield department, in exchange for her doing less damage.
Basically she got shield crept, because of her own damage creep…

One shots are fine. Healin just hurts sustained dps too much.

I don’t know why it happened, but it did, and should not have happened.

It’s not OP is it takes skill.
The player just played better.

I have, read the bit about power creep.

Factors are irrelevant, they can be avoided as part of “skill”. Skill doesnt stop something from being OP.

Other games arent Overwatch. Snipers are OK in some other games.

So you admit snipers in Overwatch are different, because they have to deal with different stuff. That’s my entire point.