No Black Woman Hero?

No, they are most definitely not. Ana is of Arabic and possibly Berber descent while Pharah is that and part Native Canadian.

I think you guys need something else if you can’t relate to others if you don’t share their race or appearance. Last i checked the characters had these things called personalities and beliefs too. Try relating to those.

1 Like

Is Egypt in Africa? Yes.
Colonized by Africans? Yes
Descendants still occupy that land? Yes

Black.

I want a white mexican male hero. I want to be represented too!
Joke, I love this game.

1 Like

So you are saying Symmetra is white or “yellow” then?(Asians, chinese, japanese etc).
EDIT This was just an example as so many people before used to refer to asians as “yellow” and the other races as that respective color… It does not reflect my personal stance on the matter. Thank you.

No, Symmetra is clearly black. Dunno what pills you take but I’d very much so take one or two.

Saying a character isn’t black enough, is racist in itself, Your whole silly mindset has already been proven wrong mutiple times in a similar thread, nice try tho

No, it’s not the same. In Africa they refer to most black Africans as being of sub-Saharan descent for a reason.

1 Like

I want my Italian archaeologist waifu :cry: plz Blizzo

Egyptians dont “count” as black or white. They have ancestry to sub-saharen Africa but are mostly Arab in DNA.

1 Like

Not all Africans are black. That’s a very ignorant thing of you to say.

1 Like

I cam agree with youre argument about ethnic and culture black.

No props man, having this kind of conversations are actually very educational for everyone. It was nice talking to you.

1 Like

We need a Canelo skin for Doomfist lol

2 Likes

I already said they weren’t(Elon Musk)But in the case of Egyptians most are.

You must be confusing me with someone else, since I didn’t say someone wasn’t black enough; i was replying to someone who didn’t understand that Indians can’t be “black enough” because they aren’t black in the first place. They are a completely separate group with their own culture and values separate from African Americans.

Clearly the people asking for this sort of thing are referencing sub-Saharan African descent. You’re being deliberately disingenuous here.

4 Likes

Being Asian does not mean being yellow. Wow how ignorant of you. Wow. It means coming from a country in Asia. Some Russians are even Asian. Sad.

If you are racist enough to label every asian as “yellow” because aparently for you the asians are only people who look like japanese of chinese people, then yes, we could make the mistake to call her black.

That would be great!

Explained above, I’m coming from an American perspective. In America, black == african descent, which includes Egypt. I totally acknowledge that this might not be the case for other areas of the world.

Just like we here do not consider people from Wisconsin and people from Colorado to be part of the same culture groups, which is a distinction that’s probably pretty meaningless if you’re not from the United States :joy:

So yeah, Egyptian is just considered “black” here, I didn’t mean to say you had to consider it the same wherever you live. :heart:

1 Like