Nintendo Switch crashes playing Season 9

Same with me unfortunately

1 Like

I decided not to play until the error is solved, I don’t want to continue being banned because of them and I really hope that they give us at least some exp multipliers for the battle pass, although perhaps this will be solved at the end of the season

5 Likes

does anybody know if this was fixed yet? i really would like to play overwatch, but getting kicked every match is exhausting T. T

Not fixed, but there has been a temporary solution found by some users. They mentioned to turn off your kill cam and it has worked for me. I’ve been able to complete half of my comp games and the only time I’ve disconnected is in a custom game. I try it out in AI first to make sure this feature is still working.

“Always skip kill cam” option?

No, this is still an ongoing issue. Once we’re confident it has been fixed we’ll make sure the Known Issues topic I linked to earlier will be updated.

The latest update I have is that they believe they have it fixed and are working to get a patch ready for Switch users. This isn’t something Blizzard has full control over, so I’m not able to offer a specific time when that patch will become available for download but I did want to confirm there has been progress.

7 Likes

Any idea of an ETA or is that still completely unknown. Both comp and quickplay have become unplayable with crashing and receiving system error.

Yep! Turn that off but always make sure it works, don’t go straight in a qp or comp game.

This is ridiculous the is literally unplayable

1 Like

Personally for me, it always kicks me out after 10 deaths. Idk why that specific amount but it’s really annoying

[quote=“zColdzDeathz-1466, post:51, topic:879598”]
th cams in general. Information like what you provided will actually get sh*t moving and fans not pisse [/quote] it works for me but my friends turned off the kill cam and they can’t play, maybe u should stop whining and if it was that simple blizzard would’ve already fixed it

Fix your broken game please

Popular streamer ML7 did an interview with lead hero designer Alec Dawson yesterday, who said that a hotfix patch is being released today but the Switch issues were not mentioned specifically as one of the things being fixed. I missed the live Q&A myself so I was unable to ask them directly but would you be able to confirm or deny whether this patch will address the Switch crashes?

4 Likes

Any news on this???
its been a week and still crashing

this is truly ridiculous

3 Likes

I’m really sad, I was excited for the new season and I haven’t been able to play it for a week. Truly disappointing…I even purchased the $40 bundle for the battle pass and now I’m regretting it

Update out now, hope it’s fixed.

Good morning folks,

A patch has been released for Nintendo Switch. Please check for updates and report back if you encounter any problems. Thanks!

8 Likes

Turning off killcam doesn’t work. Still I will not play until an update.

There was an update 14 mins before your reply.

2 Likes

that’s because this solution it’s not really a fix for the actual bug, we are just temporarily preventing it from detonating as little as possible. It worked for a lot of people, and it didn’t for some others. Anyways it was a solution while the bug gets fixed.

1 Like