Nintendo Switch crashes playing Season 9

I play on the Switch and since the update every game I join kicks me out about halfway through the game. My endorsement level has gone down and I’m worried about being banned. This is a serious issue since the game is basically unplayable for me and needs to be fixed soon.

Update:
Turning off your killcam stops the crashing. I haven’t crashed since I turned it off yesterday and I’ve played maybe 20 games since then. Though this might not stop the crashing completely.

14 Likes

Exactly. I’m banned for 4 hours right now because of crashing mid game. I shouldn’t be punished for something that’s not my fault. :confused:

6 Likes

I thought I was the only one! Please somebody fix this

4 Likes

I’m suspended by Blizzard now because my game keeps crashing because of Blizzard’s update. +1 on the update crash

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue on the Switch. It occurs after I die and respawn and it looks like I’m rage quitting. Some matches I can go through without any issues, but it keeps happening.

1 Like

Yeah same same. Has blizzard made any mention that they are working on this or anything? My gf plays on the PS5 and I’m on switch lite so now we have to take turns :frowning:

1 Like

My games are also crashing. I think I’ve made it through 1 game so far. I’ve deleted and reinstalled. Still the same issue. Unplayable at the moment for switch users.

2 Likes

yes!! ive been banned for 20 minutes already for something that isnt even my fault, i can only really play about an hour realistically before my game crashes.

1 Like

I know there are a lot of posts about this, but why not throw more on the fire until there is a fix?

Game is UNPLAYABLE until this bug is fixed.

3 Likes

I booted up Overwatch 2 on my Switch and in an hour-and-a-half, it’s crashed 3 times, and twice during a comp match. The first comp crash allowed me to get back in the match, but I’m pretty sure it cost the game. Second time was mid-match and I had to report it. BTW it’s never crashed before.

1 Like

I turned on my Nintendo switch to a message saying Overwatch 2 needed to update and my console did not have enough storage so I went to buy an SD card. I format the card play the game all is well then it crashes. I restart switch, switch date to SD card and redownload the game for it to keep crashing to the point of being banned. I let it sit overnight tried again this AM, it booted me again saying “an error has occurred” I reformatted SD card with overwatch on it so then redownload it AGAIN and got banned for 2.45 after trying to play again. Is there any option to report bug straight through game, I don’t want my whole account being banned for something that is not my fault. Myself and others are not leaving the games on purpose!

3 Likes

This is happening to me as well. I’ve never once intentionally left a game but here I am banned

4 Likes

Similar thing has been happening to me. Since the update, anytime I’ve been playing a game, my game crashes during it. I got suspended yesterday, and I’m worried about my Endorsement level lmao

3 Likes

Yeah ever since the season 9 update my game on Nitendo Switch has been crashing randomly durring matches and its getting frustrating. I tried reinstalling it twice but it didnt help. So far i didnt recieve any bans because in case of ranked i was able to quickly rejoin the game but it makes it impossible to play unranked mode. Pls fix it as quick as possible.

4 Likes

Same thing is happening to me it’s just fine until I die, then boom crashes. It’s like 2/3 matches

1 Like

Ever since season 9 dropped, I’ve been experiencing crashes mid match. Usually after I respawn, an error message pops up and the entire game closes. Strangely, I haven’t been timed out yet but I’m starting to get worried. I glad to see I’m not the only one dealing with this, I just wanted to put my piece out there. I really hope this gets fixed soon.

4 Likes

same here idk why they didnt fix it yet

4 Likes

I wish there was already a fix as well. They barely even acknowledged it’s happening.

3 Likes

Each time I try to play the game, it crashes… sonner and sonner, it started at one hour and now it closed at the first match
The message is: “The software was closed because an error occured”
Now I’m banned from quickplay for “leaving” too many matches today all because crashes, that’s not fair Blizzard, defense matrix should be suspended or at least be able to identify Blizzard’s errors so we dont get banned or lose endorsement level

7 Likes

I’m a Switchwatch player too and I’m experiencing crashing as well. I haven’t been timed out yet strangely.

2 Likes