Nintendo Switch crashes playing Season 9

I’ve also had pretty good luck with killcam disabled but I’m not willing to chance it in comp until the devs confirm a fix. Mostly been playing arcade modes, working on my aim in TDM.

2 Likes

Coming back to confirm: disabling the kill cam fixed the issue for me! Played all last night and a couple hours this afternoon without an issue.

2 Likes

This helped me so much thank you LOL

I turned my kill cam off and it worked for a while but then it started crashing again :frowning:

5 Likes

It’s Sunday night and it’s still crashing and no new updates. This is ridiculous. The lack of communication is ridiculous. We’ve now gone the entire weekend without being able to play. Anything new?

4 Likes

Try deleting the cache of the game. I did that before turning the kill cam off. Also check that you’re not covering the console’s air vents, Since the console closes programs if it gets too hot

1 Like

how do i clear the cache?

In the settings of the console. Were it says “data managment” scroll down. There’s an option that says “delete save data” I won’t recommend that for games that save the progress in the catridge. But overwatch saves it in their servers so there’s no problem. (You can do your research if you don’t feel safe)

2 Likes

How do we get refunded on switch battle pass?? I uninstalled and i dont want to play anymore and i want my money back.

1 Like

Turning off kill cam seemed to help, but didn’t fully fix the issue. Trying clearing cache now to see if that makes a difference.

2 Likes

Turned off kill cam and cleared cache. Booted second game. That’s the third time this morning I have had he game crash, so I’m done again until I see a fix I guess.

2 Likes

It does not fix it sadly. Still crashing. Blizzard needs to fix this.

2 Likes

The game keeps crashing which is really frustrating because it counts it as me leaving the match early and is threatening to give me a penalty.

1 Like

Same with me unfortunately

1 Like

I decided not to play until the error is solved, I don’t want to continue being banned because of them and I really hope that they give us at least some exp multipliers for the battle pass, although perhaps this will be solved at the end of the season

5 Likes

does anybody know if this was fixed yet? i really would like to play overwatch, but getting kicked every match is exhausting T. T

Not fixed, but there has been a temporary solution found by some users. They mentioned to turn off your kill cam and it has worked for me. I’ve been able to complete half of my comp games and the only time I’ve disconnected is in a custom game. I try it out in AI first to make sure this feature is still working.

“Always skip kill cam” option?

No, this is still an ongoing issue. Once we’re confident it has been fixed we’ll make sure the Known Issues topic I linked to earlier will be updated.

The latest update I have is that they believe they have it fixed and are working to get a patch ready for Switch users. This isn’t something Blizzard has full control over, so I’m not able to offer a specific time when that patch will become available for download but I did want to confirm there has been progress.

7 Likes

Any idea of an ETA or is that still completely unknown. Both comp and quickplay have become unplayable with crashing and receiving system error.