Next week big update, what can it be?

So it’s confirmed that we’ll get a dev update next week but it’s also confirmed that it won’t be the hero bans. Then what else? Hero 32? Introducing 1-3-2? Global damage nerf? Or they will announce the release date of OW2? Maybe a map editor? Maybe all of these at once? :grin:

What do you guys think?

Personally i’d be happy about hero 32. We definitely need another support… i don’t want to play the same 7 supports only for another year. :slight_smile: I know most of the new heroes did not end up pretty well but let’s hope hero 32 will be a support similar to Ana. :smiley:

2 Likes

They said it would be about how they are balancing the game going forward.

They mentioned it would be a lot more rapid and significant; they are looking to make the meta shift a lot more.

3 Likes

it’s been 2 tank players and a dps player who all play high ranked games, all 3 of them streams.
what can it be that makes them more happy with the game?

i would venture a guess that it’s somekind of functionality thing.

highly doubt it’s a new character or a balance patch.
could be more avoid slots, could be the format how the game is played, maybe a map selection screen.

1 Like

I know two of them are Emongg and Dafran, but who is the last one?

Aaaaand they usually balancing metas with a new hero sooooo :grin: :grin:

Ummm i don’t think more avoid slots would worth a dev update video. :rofl:
And they definitely won’t add a map selector cuz then some maps would never be played.

I mean 2 tank players said it will be huge sooo yeah it’s probably something with one-shot or global damage nerf.

Normally the would tease that.

They have said they have only tested it for two months.

None of that is game changing. We know for sure its about the issue around stale metas.

I mean they maybe won’t tease the new hero… Hope dies last :rofl:

Some pros seem excited about it so I doubt it’s gonna be just a map editor or a new hero. Maybe big changes to how cc/stuns work across the board?

1 Like

I mean it will be a new support hero who is high-skill and enables Dive comp? :rofl: They could be happy about that. :grin:

I don’t really mind what it is, I’m just so excited!!

xqc, he said that he knows what it is but he’s not allowed to say anything, but i think he said he was excited for it.

I mean what could two tank mains be most happy about?

Deleting Reaper, Mei, Junkrat and Bastion from the game. :rofl:

I’m a tank main myself, but I play both Junkrat and Bastion… I would be devastated. Lol.

1 Like

Some DPS players are happy, so maybe they are deleting every hero except Soldier?

I’m pretty sure we wont be seeing a new hero.

It’s most likely gonna be some change to a fundamental part of overwatch. Maybe something like hero bans, something to reduce queue times for DPS, or big changes to lots of heroes all at once.

I doubt we’ll be seeing any actual “content”, since they’re probs saving all that for overwatch 2 at this point.

maybe you’re able to choose what ability you want to have on your character?
like maybe limiting characters a bit but giving them options in how they want to play the character?

it could honestly be a lot of things and it’s too big of a guess to make without any details.

1 Like

I shall answer thread with a video depicting my feelings about said update…

1 Like

Probably the really simple thing I’ve been bugging them to do repeatedly…

Patch 1.43 clarification - #7 by GreyFalcon-11737

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been asking for this as well for a while as well…it’s like easily done in workshop…just put the numbers changes in the arcade…everyone can easily give feedback that way

One thing I’ve learnt is to never have high expectations when it comes to the dev team. it sounds harsh, but it saves a lot of disappointment.

13 Likes