Next Meta - What Yall Think Will Happen

McCree, Bastion and S76’s falloff at max range has been reduced from 70% to 50%

1 Like

Two tapping Pharah as McCree is back and I couldn’t be happier.

Trash McCree likes buff.

At it’s core, Overwatch is a competitive game. Quick play is still Overwatch. Hell, before 3v3 banned the heroes you’d won with, there was a 3v3 meta. I didn’t mean just the comp mode

I feel like Symmetra, Bastion, Orisa Reinhardt, Mercy and a swapable hero will be very strong. Like antydive during dive meta.

Hanzo will STILL be Meta

According to MATH ~Radical Noises~ Storm Arrow basically gives him Bastion Damage for 1s if he holds down left click

Remember when I was playing on console : “I don’t care I do a high noon just for pharah or a flying Mercy :sweat_smile:” .

2 Likes

tbh, I am sort of trash playing long range heroes. So playing McCree or widow never works for me.

Im the tracer, reaper sombra main, who has decent short range tracking but bad pixel perfect aiming at long range. So, I hate the fact that every time the enemy has a pharah i just have to give up playing these dps heroes and switch to a tank or something and ask another in team to go dps to deal with pharah.

It sucks and I’m happy if it ends.

1 Like

the meta we need?
sextuple mei meta

once blizzard is coerced into making comp no limits, the sextuple mei meta will rise >:)

I think things aren’t as bleak for Pharah as many people think. There’s still not going to be too many situations where people run double hitscan. S76 is still pretty bad honestly and if people pick up Mccree more often than not it’s going to be instead of Widowmaker because he can do more at close range.

If Winston and Hammond are in Mccrees face he’s not going to shoot Pharmercy at all. The only really dangerous thing to Pharmercy about Mccree becoming more meta is High Noon.

If the enemy team is running a good icicle sniper Mei alongside a hitscan though (which is a much more potent combo because Mei can protect hitscan from dive) then I agree, it’s time to swap off Pharah.

EDIT: I should probably add that more D.va might also hurt Pharah.

2 Likes

As a Diamond D.Va main, I generally can sort of drain pharahs almost down to 1/4 HP even when they are pocketed by mercys. You think the nerf on mercy with 50 Hps would make it much easier for D.Va’s to just burn pharahs down from sky ?

Also shouldnt like Hammond and D.Va together take pharah down ?

1 Like

Yeah I agree with D.va being a danger to Pharah. Hammond not so much though. His damage against mobile targets at long range merely tickles because of the spread and falloff.

I don’t see how. Winston dives the supports, d.Va and Wrecking ball dive Bastion, and Reaper is powerless to do anything against the three tanks, who will have at least two supports keeping them alive or targeting Reaper.

nothing good obviously

Blizz are trying to back the perfect rock/paper/scissors meta that we played after Brig release but before Hanzo rework.
The idea of that meta is that there are 3 main strategies: Dive, Anti-dive and Long range. Dive counters Long range, Long range counter Anti-dive, Anti-dive counters Dive.
Before Brig we played only Dive because it was the only viable comp that countered itself. Brig has opened a possibility for Anti-dive comps and also Long range comps.
Than Hanzo rework made Long range too powerful because of GravDragon combo.

And what we see now? Bliz just slightly nerf Anti-dive with Brig but greatly buff it with Mei, they also buff Dive with Hammond and they greatly nerf Long range with Widow and Hanzo, but also greatly buff it with McCree and Soldier.

So basically they are trying to find a balance between these three comps. And any hero that will fit into one of these three comp will be viable.

2 Likes

The supports aren’t just taken out of the fight if Winston dives them. Ana can put the monkey to sleep and Mercy can simply keep healing/damage boosting bastion through barriers.

Bastion wrecks dive tanks (except D.va for the duration of matrix) and should have an Orisa or Rein that makes it really difficult for Hammond and D.va to kill the Bastion. Bastion’s problem is the fact that he’s stationary, so you can tear apart Bastion comps easily with any kind of ranged shield breaking or offensive ultimates.

Bastion’s best chance to enter the meta is on payload maps with a Symmetra to teleport him around. But that’s very difficult to pull off.

tbh, hammond has pretty decent weapon spread. His fall off is also pretty decent starting at 15 and ending at 25 m.

From what i experienced playing him at PTR, he does decent damage on range. And its also hitscan.

So, unless like pharah stays way up on the sky, he would still be able to at least assist D.Va to a bigger extent than most people think.

Well, who doesn’t want Reaper to be meta? (Well expect Blizzard…)

1 Like

I also want to add that in next meta Pharah and Widow will have very hard times.

i want him to be on meta. :smiley:

1 Like