Next 2 heroes after Ramattra are both Supports

They said they had “another Tank (Ramattra) and 2 more supports in just the first couple of seasons”

It seems like these 2 new supports will be released in Season 4 and 6, so that’s like… April then August.

Then Season 8, I’d guess it’s a dps but who knows… RIP Mauga…

4 Likes

At this point, as for Echo: “surprise, I’m a dps!” :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I feel Ramattra is the same vein of Aurelion Sol from League. Obviously inspired by a concept from early in the games life.

The only thing that people had going on Mauga was the head silhouette from Doomfist’s reveal, and honestly Ramattra fits that silhouette rather well. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mauga is another name that he’s known as within Talon.

As long as I get to wreck heads in new ways, I’m good.

Its most likely tank > support > damage > support, as 3 out of 5 heroes after launch (including Kiriko) are Support

I heard somewhere they said they aren’t releasing any more dps heroes until 2024.

2 Likes

Mauga is a whole other character that we got introduced to in a Baptiste short story a few years ago. He was originally going to be the tank that became Sigma but they felt the gravity kit didn’t mesh with Mauga’s personality so Sigma was created instead. Jeff Kaplan said they still planned for Mauga to be a tank hero someday which is why people thought it might be him this time around.

4 Likes

It’s tank > support > support > tank

We’re not getting another damage hero for a very long time, not until 2024 at least

5 Likes

There is no chance of that happening sorry

You can tell it to the devs who told us that

6 Likes

They didnt tell us that though

They most certainly did :woozy_face:

4 Likes

Can you please show where

Theres already a ton of dmg heroes, i rather they just work on balancing the darn role rather than launching new ones.

1 Like

I hope Mauga still makes an appearance at some point. I like the art concepts.

Also, what other heroes are we still waiting on? We had several mentioned in the first OW1 cinematic that we’ve never heard of since.

Soundquake and Fusionater specifically. I wonder if “Fusionator” became Echo?

Yeah but damage heroes sell, so they wont stop lol

We can expect Kiriko, Ram, Support, Damage, Support. Hopefully Mauga comes soon after.

So? We already have moooore than enough , they just gotta balance them.

This “sells” the BP argument is a weak one, what sells the BP is the comestics, not the early access to the hero.

1 Like

Athena became Echo, earlier concept shown Echo but with an Athena logo instead of her blue projected face

2 Likes

Well you’ve got the quote mentioned in the OP, right, which is taken from somewhere during the June stream.

So that covers season 2, 4 and 6 (Tank, support and support)

Then you’ve got this quote:

So over the course of the first year, you’ll see several tank and support heroes added to the game . We don’t ever want to stop development on DPS heroes but we want to just shift the needle a little bit so that we have some additional development going into the other two roles while we’re still developing DPS heroes.

So season 8 must be a tank as well. No DPS until 2024 at least.

3 Likes

So you dont have anything saying this

:woozy_face: indeed lol