NEWS - Message from J. Allen Brack (Blizzard President) & Investor's Call Transcript

By Jove, what a load of PR white noise buffoonery.

4 Likes

So with this restructuring…does that mean we’ll get 1 new non-trash gamemode per year instead of 0?

2 Likes

Funny how this crap always happens to the low level workers; the ones who don’t have multimillion dollar golden parachutes to soften the blow…

Hey Jim, stop crying about your kid’s college fees. Just pick yourself up and move on.

4 Likes

They are so blinded by money they don’t realize how this affects them, it seems.

The only thing they’re gaining from this, aside from a temporary boost in profit, is the hate from many millions.

It happening to you and others does not mean one should defend what they’re doing.

1 Like

“You think you do, but you don’t.”

When OWL flops, maybe you’ll finally realize that statement.

13 Likes

lets party lmao …

1 Like

Thanks a trillion for the heads-up, Mr Brack and WyomingMyst.

4 Likes

Yep…

Good luck with that…

1 Like

It is their company they own it, they can do with it as they please, if they want to lay everyone off and shut it down they can, they want to give them selves millions they can, it is their business, do i like it know but they own it so it is their to do as they please

“Due to Activision making us cut costs, we’re laying people off who aren’t in the developmental portion of the blizzard team. We’ll help you find a job, but sorry about things being slow”

That’s how I read it. For those who know WoW, this is the same guy who when asked about classic servers years ago said “You think you want that, but you don’t.” Well, money talked and look at what’s in the pipeline for WoW: classic servers.

So yeah, Blizzard, I knew you well.

3 Likes

There, i fixed it for you.

3 Likes

Sure, and we’re their customers so we have the right to judge their shi**y decisions.

4 Likes

Don’t you find that seriously depressing though? “Hey Jim, you know I can fire you any time for no particular reason. You know why Jim? It’s my company Jim. That’s why Jim. Enjoy living at your mother’s house again Jim. Bye!”

4 Likes

Nope because i was taught no matter the job you should always remember you could be layed off tomorrow so prepare yourself, thats what i do and everytime i have been layed off i have had money saved to fall back on and was out the mext day looking for a job

1 Like

"Well Jim, you worked real hard for us over the past decade, but the investors want to buy yachts. Do you have any idea how expensive those are? And we have to staff them, and that comes at a premium. Go cheap on that and you’ll end up with folks from the shivers lower orders.

“So, that’s that Jim. Best of luck to you. You’ve got 10 minutes to collect your belongings before we call security.”

17 Likes

Bully for you! I’m glad you had the money left over in your pay packet to do so - unlike a huge proportion of Americans who live from paycheck to paycheck, and have no money left over TO save. You see that Jim? You just should’ve saved more. Tut tut Jim. We told you eating was expensive, AND unnecessary.

1 Like

Everyone is focusing on the revenue this year. Yes, it was a lot. The most, right?

But part of the equation that no one is talking about is the fact that for 2019, they aren’t expecting revenue to grow. (You can read this as poor corporate direction, management, etc. and you’d be correct.)

That means, it’s missing the mark on what Wall Street and investors were expecting/told as earnings guidance. It means there’s less money next year to cover all the costs. It means that every quarter they will be subject to proving they can still compete. Unfortunately, it also means those who still work there will be asked to stretch even more. Etc. etc.

I’m not defending them. I’m just saying it’s not like they have no costs and they’re going to be earning the same amount next year too. All the intense criticisms etc. need to be balanced in knowledge. Not just one-sided knee jerks. This is a public company. If you think you are the only ones holding them to the fire, you aren’t.

You see Jim, we made a fat wad of cash this year Jim, but we’re worried we won’t make as much next year Jim. Don’t worry Jim, we’re not going broke: you are. Bye Jim!

4 Likes

Ya bud hate to tell ypu this, game devs and HR reps are not living from paycheck to pay check, they are making a comfortable salary

1 Like

Actually game developers have one of the worst paid jobs in the country. PR representatives I don’t know about but I don’t believe they’re much better off.

1 Like