New year, new Bastion. šŸ¤–

Bastion wouldnā€™t be so hard to deal with if he also had less range and more reloading. I solo Bastion as tanks or dps all the time, or even as Baptiste.

The devs even nerfed shields and Immortality Field, the things Bastion relied on to stay afloat in modern Overwatch.

1 Like

Bastion is in desperate need of a rework

3 Likes

Return headshots.

Problem solved.

Or

Give tank tracks, hover or something else in sentry mode for mobility.

Problem solved.

No need for rework. No need for Blizzard to screw it up again. No need for all that nonsense.

This would solve some problems, but not all of themā€¦

Blizzard doesnā€™t need to screw it up as long as they keep it simple and stop trying to add their own weirdness.

Still not a fan of thisā€¦ kinda defeats the point of Sentry Mode.

But a good thing to remember is that less range, doesnā€™t mean no rangeā€¦ he still needs to be able to poke and pressure from about 30 meters, in certain cases like having a Pharah poking you from such ranges, it should be annoying, but the Bastion should at least be able to deter standing in the open at that range for whole minutes at a time.

More like ā€œOw iā€™m actually taking some damageā€

Instead of ā€œWow, this is a great place to stand, nothing is happening at all to meā€

1 Like

I really, truly donā€™t know what needs to happen, but something absolutely must. Bastion canā€™t just keep suffering like this. No hero should just be ā€œunviableā€ in 95% of situations. Itā€™s not right, and frankly, unfair to Bastion players (myself included).

1 Like

May i ask what your opinions are of the OP? :3

Feedback is always welcome!
And thank you for posting here at all friend.

1 Like

I agree that something needs to be done with Ironclad, and I really feel that giving Bastion back that person barrier is a must, considering Bastion needs to be more independent, especially with the barrier nerf. Overall, I agree with what youā€™ve said. Nice thoughts.

1 Like

Well yeah, Orisa can do that too.

1 Like

If you ask some people, Bastion wouldnā€™t be able to deal damage at all from 20 metersā€¦

This is why iā€™m a little bit afraid that the hero may never be accepted as balanced, even if he were.

The biggest problem people have with a balanced Bastion, isā€¦ the Bastion would win sometimes.

I feel that part of what makes Bastion difficult to balance, and that people tend to not acknowledge is that Bastion has a bad reputation, and was extremely oppressive in lower ranks for a very long time. Now, Bastion is an actual joke in ranks higher than Platinum, and barely thought of in lower ranks. The devs are afraid to buff Bastion because they donā€™t want history to repeat itself.

1 Like

Theyā€™ll have to get used to seeing lotā€™s o Bastion if heā€™s a tank, there arenā€™t many to pick from. Tankstion would be even easier for me to fight as Rein anyway. Unless he can melt a charging Rein by critting.

1 Like

Even so, the biggest issue that honestly people just need to get over, is that if you see a Bastion, you have to play slightly differentlyā€¦ like encountering all other heroes.

Itā€™s like, they expect to just walk up to it and get a free kill, becauseā€¦ ā€œHeā€™s Bastion, and i deserve to winā€

When in reality, those same people would have lost every last match they ever played against a Bastion if they played during the old daysā€¦

Developing new strategy is simply a part of playing a strategy heavy game.

1 Like

This would mean focusing entirely on the Rein, while also having all of your Ammo at that given moment, as wellā€¦ i feel it would be rather balanced.

If the Rein sees an opening, which is something most Rein players are rather good at spotting, he would still be heavily counter-able under certain conditions.

Hell, Sigma would still utterly destroy him.

Wait till he turns his shield, and land a precise rock, and heā€™s standing up again.

1 Like

Honestly, yes. Like, gave people ever heard of counter picking? Do these players know who Roadhog, Sombra, or Reaper are? Team coordination is needed to run Bastion, but is also needed to defeat it. Iā€™d say thatā€™s balanced.

2 Likes

Iā€™m having a blast one tricking Bastion on ladder, especially following the barrier nerfs. Granted I havenā€™t climbed past Plat yet but he is viable and fun so far and I definitely feel impactful.

2 Likes

This is also what some people even in this thread donā€™t seem to understand.
(Iā€™ll never name names, but youā€™re free to read for yourself)

Just because one team has high coordination, doesnā€™t mean you should be able to destroy them based on simple game design, with a few solo heroes.

1 Like

This is great to hear and all, but past plat i donā€™t feel like you would be having very much funā€¦ sadly to say.
(And yes, iā€™m high plat nearly diamond when i DO play)

Throw in a mic or two, and he shouldnā€™t really be picked, as youā€™re detrimental to your team by that point.

Yeah im just going to wait for the reload.

I still stand by the idea that plenty of heroes can tackle Bastion more or less head on.

Tho this is still balanced with how the game works currently, which i likeā€¦ youā€™d still be charging into an enemy team, and even if that Bastion is reloading, he might be taking that chance because of something you arenā€™t aware of. :3

(Enemy ult, enemy ready to counter, ect)

Most of the entire hero pool can, without taking more than half of their health in damageā€¦

2 Likes