New year, new Bastion. šŸ¤–

Honestly? Iā€™ll argue with you on this oneā€¦

Bastionā€™s reload, iā€™m pretty sure, is the longest in the entire game.
Once heā€™s reloading, you have a few good seconds to attack him.

If he was doing this more often, even with a shield he would be vulnerable very often.

If they put barriers in front, attack from behind AND burn the barriers, for an opportune moment to strike. If team play is involved, team play will be needed to fight him and his team.

There is no exception for team playā€¦ no single hero should counter a team comp.

Once again great post Chibi. I will post my opinion as a bastion main.

I really like the looks of these changes, however a few things could be changed
Firstly, his hitbox is simply too big, if you keep his hitbox this big and has armor + self healing heā€™ll ALWAYS be treated like a tank, meaning needing pocket, protection etc.
His overall hitbox needs to be reduced.

Secondly, I know this is quite an unpopular opinion but I honestly think his recon should work differently, so he isnā€™t just a better or worse soldier 76. Iā€™d really like to see something like a slower rate of fire, less ammo, more damage type gun, maybe in between mcree and soldier?

Thirdly, he NEEDS a faster transformation, when transforming in and out of sentry it feels like forever, itā€™s what makes him so slow when retreating with the team.

Bastion needs to be dealt with very carefully, we know what happened with 35% iron clad and people wanted him never to be meta again. I really like all your suggestions just thought Iā€™d give my two cents.
Happy new year dudes.

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s the current route, but itā€™s not always effective especially when youā€™re trying to capture a point. Your post fails to address the issue at hand in that teamā€™s can just readjust and barricade around him. He needs to be more independent and not need to be barricaded by his own team.

1 Like

More or less? I keep forgetting to bring this up so Iā€™m glad you did. In Overwatch, range tends to get traded in for durability. One way or another, donā€™t expect to have the same range as before.

I think its two seconds? Orisaā€™s is 2.5 or 3 seconds, McCree and Hogā€™s is 1.5 (just some comparisons).

If Bastion had 400 total hp instead of Iron Clad, you might be able to get away with swapping to recon if youā€™re caught out reloading. I like the idea of that interaction.

1 Like

Then heā€™d just be another orisa TBH. I really donā€™t want him to go in that direction. I just donā€™t think his survivability should be buffed at all except for his hitbox being reduced.

1 Like

Thank you!!

I would agree, unless we make him a damage dealing Tank in the Tank category. :3

Hmmā€¦ i donā€™t personally want to touch Recon just because i would be afraid of breaking it. x3

I think itā€™s actually decent right now, the only issue being the mentality behind attacking himā€¦ people run towards you, because they know that nothing you do can make you dangerous.

I would keep them the same in my own personal changes, as it allows for counter play, but you are rightā€¦ itā€™s rather punishing.

I do think that entering Sentry would need to take some time at least, if it was as dangerous as it should be.

Thank you again!! ^,^

1 Like

I donā€™t know. I am iffy about bringing back both the personal barrier and head shots even with reduced ammo and removal of ironclad. Iā€™m not sure if I caught all of the proposed changes though. Maybe a quick summary at the end of the post just recapping the changes in a bullet list would be helpful.

So far, the rework idea that I felt was the most interesting was the one turning Bastion into a tank that went around Reddit a while back.

2 Likes

Please tell me if this is missing anything, iā€™ll update it.

Honestly as long as heā€™s stationary, in high level play he will die while in Sentry, at least a minute into the match.

He really needs a shield, so people usually shield him ā€œToo wellā€ Which in my opinion, doesnā€™t work anymore.

If he had his own, he would be strong with team play, but not much more stronger than he already is, shields go very quickly.

And as i said in the OP, the HP is debatable.

It could be 300, or even 200.
(Tho that would barely protect him at all, if it regenerated slowlyā€¦)

2 Likes

Ehā€¦ that goes back to my last post where heā€™ll just be another orisa. Iā€™d rather try to avoid that :stuck_out_tongue:

Fair enough, and I do agree recon would be the last thing to touch, however thatā€™s just my two cents, because youā€™re right when you say bastion doesnā€™t feel dangerous at all to go after.

Very good point, I just feel like exiting should be much quicker.

:smiley:

1 Like

I will agree hereā€¦ he needs to get up faster in general.
The real way to counter him should be preventing him from setting up.

1 Like

Itā€™s a good overview of the philosophy you are going for. You could follow-up with specifics like this just to be clear on the exact changes.

• Reduce ammo in sentry to 200.
  • Add a 400 hp personal barrier (front facing)
  • Remove ironclad passive
  • Allow crit shots while in Sentry mode
1 Like

Well thatā€™s just the thing, i may need to specify that itā€™s up for debate, but my own version would look like this:

• Reduce ammo to 150.
  • Add a 400 HP barrier (Front facing) That turns with the camera.
  • Remove (Or rework) Ironclad.
  • Allow crit shots while in Sentry Mode and reduce spread. (Falloff debatable)
2 Likes

I Agree, Bastion needs to become a tank. With the amount of firepower and tankiness that he already possesses I think that he needs to be put into this role. Make him a 300hp/100armor tank and give him back his shield while removing his Ironclad passive.

3 Likes

As long as he remains deadly, i think we agree.

Orisa isnā€™t much like Orisa to me nowadays. Sheā€™s too slanted towards Fortify, I could really use a nice, independent tank who blocks damage with a barrier and even heals themselves.

I think he should be a tank. Embrace the hitbox.

1 Like

Yep and further decrease the amount of time it takes for him to transition between modes.

2 Likes

With these changes, he would actually be able to set up and feel like heā€™s saying ā€œGET AWAY FROM ME Iā€™M DANGEROUS NOWā€

Which is the main goal.

Notā€¦

ā€œCome get your free kill, i canā€™t move nowā€

1 Like

I think while in sentry mode he should have a shot (like a flashbang) that blinds enemy combatants for a while. I think this would help set him apart from soldier.

1 Like