New Update Downloading at 1KB/sec while I have a 40MB/sec connection

i have 100Mb/sec and it also dropped to 12 BITES per second…

Don’t bother. The download moves regardless, all you’re doing by pausing/playing is resetting the average and therefore affecting the reported speed.

@Everyone else - Something is clearly wrong. It’s probably just because of the maintenance, but even when it’s reporting 0B/s, the download is moving forward. Not NEARLY as quickly as my connection should be allowing, but it’s not moving at the speeds its reporting, I promise.

It doens’t seem to be an issue on our side, but on theirs.
It slows down after ~8gb for everyone.

I have 1000 down, and I just hit a magnificent 0.5 kb/sec.

Dial up internet was three times as fast, as your reported speed.

1 Like

Same here. 60mb/s and stuck at 2.80kbps for the past 15 minutes.

It might have already downloaded the entire patch and is just installing.

Most likely it’s a visual bug.

It seems like a graphical bug, I have a very slow number shown too but it seems to download at normal speed

I don’t know, it would be weird if was installing and showing the download speed at the same time.
Idk though, we’ll see.

I have a hypothesis that they are trying a new way to update the game…I think your computer is multitasking in this new version and downloading+installing the files at the same time, instead of downloading all at once then installing as the 2nd step (the previous method), so this new method, when it downloads a little bit then starts to install that part, the download speed detects nothing is being downloaded so it drops to 0bps or absurdly low like 3kb, but it is still doing work

It seems to just not be telling you all the steps it’s taking.

On steam it might take me 5-10 minutes to download a 5mb patch to path of exile but that’s just because of the other steps not the download itself.
That’s with a 100up 100down internet. (can get up to 16mb/s download at its prime)

1 Like

Ok, my download speed is low, but megabytes fly really quickly, and I think that it might be graphical glitch.

Mine is still significantly slower than it should be. With my speed, it should have downloaded the patch in sub 20 minutes, and I’m at 30 minutes with still 25% to go. Not kb slow, but slow none the less.

I beat all of you.

400 bytes / s
https://i.imgur.com/JzoRQZS.jpg

I’m at 0b/s.

TVENTI KARAKTERS

ok, it was just for few seconds, and now it’s way slower than I thought.

mine stopped now, 0b download speed, my internet is 80mb…

The speed indicator is bugged. If you watch the download progress, its still downloading at normal speed.

Blizzard responded with post in another thread,

1 Like

I thought I was the only one with this problem ;-; now I know others like me are suffering because they have a good internet but their download speed is dropping like flies