New Update Downloading at 1KB/sec while I have a 40MB/sec connection

The title says it all… It went fine till 8 GB and then dropped to 1KB/sec for the past 5 mins.

5 Likes

Ouch! I am getting 4.61MB/s, which is still a lot less than my connection could manage (up to 72MB/s).

2 Likes

Same problem. My normal download speed is abou 20MB/sec , now i get 3KB/sec . What the f*ck blizzard

2 Likes

It says 3 B/s for me but the remaining GB are dropping fast, surely one of those things is wrong, hopefully the former. :slight_smile:

Yeah what the heck? My download speeds are ridiculously slow. I’m at 2KB/s right now…

it shows 5kb/s but overall gb’s number going down with regular speed

1 Like

I mean absolutely no insult but is your connection 72MB/s or Mb/s? Just a common mistake I see as 72Mb/s would be much closer to 4.64MB/s.

2 Likes

There’s a maintenance on the server(great timing right), might be related, or might not.

72 Megabits = 9 Megabytes.

Blizzard has, in the past, used a torrent downloading architecture for updates if I recall correctly. (Caveat: This was used on WoW, don’t know if it’s the case for OW.)

I don’t recall whether this is still the case, but if it is then considering that this is such a big patch compared to others, the DL speed may be low because it doesn’t have other users to connect to and DL it off of.

It is applying the patch, nothing to worry about, calm down lel, mine does the same , shows 3kb/s but its patching the files.

i have same problem and i have 56 mb/s right now.

they chose the wrong day to do it. they released at same moment both hearthstone expansion and overwatch, blizzard servers should obviously be overloaded rn.

Pause/Resume speeds it up again if only for a little while. Yes its unusualy slow 150megabit connection here (24megabyte) download averaging 2kb/s.

Guys, it literally says ‘0 B/s’ for me, but the remaining size is less and less as it just should be (with a 1Gb/s connection), so take a close look if it’s really stuck for you or just a visual bug in the shown download speed.

1 Like

Mine currently says 6.1 KB/s but it’s going WAY faster than that, I don’t think the something is wrong on Battle net’s end. Actually watch the amount remaining go down, it’s going faster than what it says.

I have 100mb and it started and 11mb/s and dropped to kb’/s like wf is this?

Correct. He’s still only getting half his speed but it’s not nearly as absurd as what, 5% of his speed I believe?

1kb/s for me lmao. I usually get 120mb/s download speed. I feel like I’m using dial-up internet. :joy:

its just a visual bug dudes. You still downloading as fast.

1 Like

it’s patching the files, check your disk and ethernet activity :slight_smile: