New symmetra is yet another tank killer

Yep

1 Like

So she’s gong to have a longer, thicker beam than Zarya’s, or same length, just wider?

Games would be very unfun if you had to run pirate ship every game to counter the enemy pirate ship. Imo, this would be more awful than Mercy meta.

It’s very hard to hack a Bastion through all of the teammates clustering around him, so she can only use EMP to break them down. This is less affective as EMP only comes around once in a while.

People can’t coordinate a proper ultimate combo, let alone a bastion being protected by two shields AND a mercy pocket.

As painful as this sounds for Reinhardt, I’d imagine people will cry for joy when they realize this means Brigitte has a super hard counter.

4 Likes

i dont know, probably both

i once was a roadhog main, now a symmetra main

1 Like

That 195 DPS with 130 damage projectiles is gonna make Symmetra a huge problem for the bronze & silver population.

But a 4 second ramp up time is way too long at higher ranks unless she’s got some new serious sustainability.

If that’s her primary changes, she mostly just sounds like she’ll basically be Zarya with a ramp up time instead of bubbles.

when you put it like that she sounds lame

1 Like

I foresee many sym mains in the future

2 Likes

im glad they took away the extreme bend her beam had, that was my main frustration fighting syms.

2 Likes

Maybe. The idea of Shadow Stepping my entire team is very appealing.

1 Like

Thicker than 100 charge Zaryas beam? So they gave her permament Moiras ult?

1 Like

Her gun makes it sound like she’ll make Reinhardt/Orisa basically mandatory since D.va can’t block beams and 1 second charge up projectiles will chew through her dm pretty fast.

So while it’ll suck to have Symmetra plow through your barriers like a frat boy at Mardi gras, you’ll have to play a barrier character so she does it to your barriers and not your team.

The numbers seem insane to me. They should scrap the ramp up idea and just give her a base damage value then build her off that.

2 Likes

exactly (20 characters)

I’m going to be making a big mega thread on Reinhardt soon.
It should be interesting to see how it’s received by the community.

I’ve been working on it for awhile now slowly, building up videos evidence and data, all while trying my best to deconstruct a lot of falsely preconceived assumptions about the Crusader. The Symmetra changes (although not final) will also be apart of this.

I’ll just say this, people are either going to believe the facts and evidence about Reinhardt (something that has already been accumulating for weeks now in various other threads), or they are going to argue out their donkey to disagree for the sake to disagree.

I’m absolutely shocked there are still people they think Reinhardt is “fine”. Often these arguments are loosely constructed Red Herrings to push some bias agenda. Oh you hear it all the time, this one is by far the worst: “Rein had his time”
There are only 2 anchor tanks in the game! How can 1 of 2 “have their time”, they can’t BOTH be on more equal footing? That’s a failure to balance imo. Pickrate is another Red Herring you will hear just as often.

Like I said, I’m still constructing a big thread on this topic, it should be ready in the coming days. I’m pouring everything I can into this, because seeing so many false arguments is killing, not only Reinhardt players, but also damaging a part of the game overall because it pivots away from serious issues concerning Rein.

Maybe people simply don’t know about ALL the bugs? Maybe they are unaware of how the drip drip of damage creep entered the game? Maybe they are bias/disingenuous?

We’ll see…

8 Likes

you said it brother, i just wish we had some official feedback on the state of Reinhardt from the devs. when you post that can you send me an invitation to the thread? i want to be there to support it

2 Likes

Sounds good to me lol

I’m just going to assume that Blizzard know what they’re doing with this rework until it’s on PTR and it can be tested. But the interaction with tanks is just my concern. I’m glad she’s getting changes, she’s needed them for a long time. Sounds like she’ll be much more versatile and take a good deal of strategy and skill to play well. That new teleporter sounds especially cool and I’m excited to see what strategies can be done with it.

But I just can’t help but worry that the new primary fire is specifically geared towards melting tanks. As if that’s something that’s needed in the game right now or something? I guess Rein will be the best one at dealing with her at the very least since his barrier has the most HP and she won’t pierce it anymore, so that’s something. And she’ll make D.va players hate life, so the people that think D.va has no counters will get their wish. Very drastic rework, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Is there any way I can send you some of my clips? I’ve recorded about 5 charges that I believe should have pinned, but did not. And 3 shatters that failed to stun enemies.

I also just want to know if the charges should have hit or not. When I slow down the footage it certainly looks like at the point the charge collides with them (When the hit marker shows up) They were more or less right in front of me, but there’s always the possibility of me being wrong.

1 Like

I’m so done man. This is just getting ridiculous at this point.

2 Likes